So cannabis is now legal for recreational use in WA and CO...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
A little bit about marijuana addiction in my experience

I've smoked weed on and off since I was 12, smoked everyday since about 07 (besides being sick and out of state haha)..was abroad in japan for weeks multiple times and had no withdrawal issues...EVER...

Smoked cigs for a while, that was way harder to stop, and I didn't ever really like smoking cigarettes haha

Why did I continue smoking weed even after I stopped? Because I haaate taking pills, and my back pain is best alleviated by cannabis (any form)

I know so many people that quit smoking weed cold turkey, no problems...cigarettes? Whole different story

I feel like everyone I've heard say that cannabis is addictive, hasn't had personal experience

Sure, when I didn't smoke for a few days, id think like "aw damn wish I could smoke after that big *** meal" or "damn my back hurts wish I could smoke" but it never got to a point where id feel true withdrawal symptoms

:note: if that little post seemed weird or off, sorry, I'm high haha
Old 11-07-2012, 07:54 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Originally Posted by slugrx
A little bit about marijuana addiction in my experience

I've smoked weed on and off since I was 12, smoked everyday since about 07 (besides being sick and out of state haha)..was abroad in japan for weeks multiple times and had no withdrawal issues...EVER...

Smoked cigs for a while, that was way harder to stop, and I didn't ever really like smoking cigarettes haha

Why did I continue smoking weed even after I stopped? Because I haaate taking pills, and my back pain is best alleviated by cannabis (any form)

I know so many people that quit smoking weed cold turkey, no problems...cigarettes? Whole different story

I feel like everyone I've heard say that cannabis is addictive, hasn't had personal experience

Sure, when I didn't smoke for a few days, id think like "aw damn wish I could smoke after that big *** meal" or "damn my back hurts wish I could smoke" but it never got to a point where id feel true withdrawal symptoms

:note: if that little post seemed weird or off, sorry, I'm high haha
Hahahahaha no it made sense and I agree.
Nice annotation.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
And yes, I am a legit medical patient by the states standards, although I don't buy from clubs besides tinctures, edibles etc

I get really bad nerve pains in my spine...played competitive basketball for years...had a 40" vertical at one point...but now my vertebrae are basically flat and all out of wack, lotta pinched nerves...my doctor said I have the back of an old person haha
Old 11-07-2012, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by brucelee
What's absurd is the government telling me that I can't smoke something if I want to. You want your govt telling you what to do?
then smoke away ... why are we even arguing this then?

Old 11-07-2012, 08:03 PM

Car Info: 17 WRX
felt appropriate...
Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 PM

/thread
Old 11-07-2012, 08:32 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
This is silly.

Is weed a drug? Of course.
Can weed impair judgement or memory in high doses? Of course.
Can people use weed irresponsibly? Yes
Can people screw up their lives using it irresponsibly? Yes
Can using weed irresponsibly have long term effects on your health? Probably.

Now ask the same questions for other legal substances like alcohol, tobacco, caffiene, and sugar. The answers are all the same and yet those substances are fully legal and some of them are not regulated at all. And I haven't even mentioned all the additional negatives of those legal substances that weed does not possess.

So there are only two logical arguments here: either ban all of those potentially risky substances or legalize and appropriately regulate weed as well. Prohibition of alcohol has been clearly shown to be a huge failure and drain on society, so I don't think anyone wants to go down that road again.

At the end of the day it's all about educating people about responsible use of any potentially harmful substances (including sugar and caffiene). There will always be a part of the population who will use them irresponsibly and potentially harm themselves. Plenty of alcoholics in this country! But again, prohibition is not the answer to that problem as history has proven.

-- Ed
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by w0ng3r
haha saw that coming
Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Just from skimming,alot of valid points.Im still 50/50 on making it legal.I think it was Dav that summed it up pretty well saying it has its time and place.Also stated was that you would be high while driving/working etc well just like meds it has a warning label that says not to do that.I have been around pot heads and the things that i noticed are most of them have a short fuse and get really angry for no reason and seem to not be able to concentrate unless they have smoked.I feel that it should be available to use but some kind of regulations put on it because i really hate when i see 18 year olds kids saying a bunch of BS reasons to smoke to me it should be just like beer 21 & over.
nice post ED! Exactly
Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
This is silly.

Is weed a drug? Of course.
Can weed impair judgement or memory in high doses? Of course.
Can people use weed irresponsibly? Yes
Can people screw up their lives using it irresponsibly? Yes
Can using weed irresponsibly have long term effects on your health? Probably.

Now ask the same questions for other legal substances like alcohol, tobacco, caffiene, and sugar. The answers are all the same and yet those substances are fully legal and some of them are not regulated at all. And I haven't even mentioned all the additional negatives of those legal substances that weed does not possess.

So there are only two logical arguments here: either ban all of those potentially risky substances or legalize and appropriately regulate weed as well. Prohibition of alcohol has been clearly shown to be a huge failure and drain on society, so I don't think anyone wants to go down that road again.

At the end of the day it's all about educating people about responsible use of any potentially harmful substances (including sugar and caffiene). There will always be a part of the population who will use them irresponsibly and potentially harm themselves. Plenty of alcoholics in this country! But again, prohibition is not the answer to that problem as history has proven.

-- Ed
this
Old 11-07-2012, 09:00 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
For the record, I smoked fairly heavily in my college years and at times it did allow me to get distracted from my school work. I consider that use to be irresponsible just like a lot of my friends who got drunk nearly every night. And like most of them, I grew up, learned my life lessons, and proceeded on with my life. I still enjoy an occasional smoke (usually vaporizer) to unwind or hang out with some friends, but like drinking, it's not something I want to do too often anymore.

I think the majority of smokers are in fact responsible about it. There are always the extreme cases however, and with an illegal substance, you are much more likely to be exposed to those extreme cases rather than the responsible users who have to be more discrete.

-- Ed
Old 11-07-2012, 09:07 PM

as with many things in life, good and bad, there needs to be moderation. As been stated before there is a time and a place.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by cwc16
as with many things in life, good and bad, there needs to be moderation. As been stated before there is a time and a place.
I always say this to my friends. Moderation. With everything in life.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 2012 OBP STi Hatchback
Yeah again with moderation. I am just a little scared of drivers being high. Accidents will probably be brutal.

Quick Reply: So cannabis is now legal for recreational use in WA and CO...