So cannabis is now legal for recreational use in WA and CO...

Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX, 04 FXT, 02 Forester L, 95 JDM LGT
I don't think it will ever be fully legal in America. Big Cotton will fight against it because its a cheap alternative. Also, I read you can make gas from it, if thats true Big Oil will be against it.

Marijuana as gas
Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 PM

I think the state govs need to focus their energy on gaining tax money from this to hopefully offset all the corruption on politics. I don't understand the 1 poster who thinks now that they have legalized it they should start spending a bunch of money regulating it more than they already do and even making the medical marjiuana more strict? Apparently you just aren't getting it at this point.. A waste of money and it's the feds job unless it's affecting residents directly (specific situation).
Old 11-07-2012, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
this topic blows my mind

here we are discussing legalizing a hallucinogenic drug that is psychologically addictive.

and at the same time we are pondering TAXING

fast food
soda
snacks
&
candy

because it has been determined that its causing obesity?

alcohol is taxed but were does this money go again?
tobacco is taxed and have stupid SG warning labels on them and this money goes where again?

now we want to add marijuana?
ok yea, lets legalize marijuana because its harmless seriously?

i just dont get it...

Last edited by zumnwrx; 11-07-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
this topic blows my mind

here we are discussing legalizing a hallucinogenic drug that is psychologically addictive.

and at the same time we are pondering TAXING

fast food
soda
snacks
&
candy

because it has been determined that its causing obesity?

alcohol is taxed but were does this money go again?
tobacco is taxed and have stupid SG warning labels on them and this money goes where again?

now we want to add marijuana?
ok yea, lets legalize marijuana because its harmless seriously?

i just dont get it...
I'm guessing your a republican?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
It's not about making money, it's about loosening pointless restrictions on something that doesn't harm anyone on the same level as alcohol or tobacco, yet we frown upon it like it's some super addictive psychoactive drug.

I don't really understand where your argument is... You want it to be illegal because it's addictive?

Studies have shown that sugar and caffeine are more addictive to humans and can be far more destructive.

Why all the angst towards cannabis?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
It's not about making money.

UM everything is about money sorry to burst your bubble

it's about loosening pointless restrictions on something that doesn't harm anyone on the same level as alcohol or tobacco,

alcohol impairs as does marijuana HELLO and inhaling marijuana is just as dangerous if not more then tobacco is.

yet we frown upon it like it's some super addictive psychoactive drug.

because it is dear Cannabis (drug) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't really understand where your argument is... You want it to be illegal because it's addictive?

because its HARMFUL and can not be regulated like tobacco and alcohol can/is

Studies have shown that sugar and caffeine are more addictive to humans and can be far more destructive.

and we are currently trying to tax and ban it in workplaces hospitals and schools.

Why all the angst towards cannabis?
again
im guessing your a republican? ... hahaha COME AGAIN

Last edited by zumnwrx; 11-07-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
im guessing your a republican? ... hahaha COME AGAIN
You should really learn about cannabis before you start arguing against it.

First of all, cannabis is NOT more dangerous than tobacco, learn the facts.

There are many ways to use cannabis, that includes topical creams, edible form, vaporization and of course smoking.

Did you know cannabis was legal prior to the 30's? There was a smear campaign that was started by the paper industry because cannabis was seen as a much cheaper and stronger alternative to wood and cotton. A film called "Reefer Madness" came out in the 30's, brainwashed the sheeple in the USA to think Cannabis was in the same category as heroin.

Cannabis has been proven to kill cancer cells (yep, look it up), it helps people from alleviating pain to coping with daily stress. It's a natural plant that has been around since before man. People have used cannabis for thousands of years as a form of medicine.

What makes me angry is that pharmaceutical companies are lobbying against the legalization of cannabis as well. They know it has medicinal properties but can't put a patent on a plant and can't make money on it. They are spending MILLIONS of dollars to synthesize THC in a lab so that they can put a patent on it and sell it legal to anyone in the USA.

You should do some reading on cannabis, you're almost as misinformed as I used to be.

I used to be against cannabis as well... Then I learned about why it's illegal and how harmless it really is. It wasn't this big bad drug that my parents had always taught me. Edgar, you do realize that cannabis is NON TOXIC and you CANNOT die from it.

10 people die from choking on pen caps every year in the USA. ZERO people die each year in the USA from cannabis use.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:15 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT

you should really learn about cannabis before you start arguing against it.

First of all, cannabis is not more dangerous than tobacco, learn the facts.

There are many ways to use cannabis, that includes topical creams, edible form, vaporization and of course smoking.

Did you know cannabis was legal prior to the 30's? There was a smear campaign that was started by the paper industry because cannabis was seen as a much cheaper and stronger alternative to wood and cotton. A film called "reefer madness" came out in the 30's, brainwashed the sheeple in the usa to think cannabis was in the same category as heroin.

Cannabis has been proven to kill cancer cells (yep, look it up), it helps people from alleviating pain to coping with daily stress. It's a natural plant that has been around since before man. People have used cannabis for thousands of years as a form of medicine.

What makes me angry is that pharmaceutical companies are lobbying against the legalization of cannabis as well. They know it has medicinal properties but can't put a patent on a plant and can't make money on it. They are spending millions of dollars to synthesize thc in a lab so that they can put a patent on it and sell it legal to anyone in the usa.

You should do some reading on cannabis, you're almost as misinformed as i used to be.

I used to be against cannabis as well... Then i learned about why it's illegal and how harmless it really is. It wasn't this big bad drug that my parents had always taught me. Edgar, you do realize that cannabis is non toxic and you cannot die from it.

10 people die from choking on pen caps every year in the usa. Zero people die each year in the usa from cannabis use.
+1.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
As a pothead, I approve of this thread.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 PM

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/facts.../en/index.html

Please find the death toll of marijuana usage.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
VIP Member

You should really learn about cannabis before you start arguing against it.

First of all, cannabis is NOT more dangerous than tobacco, learn the facts.

yes ok

oh please! we are talking about smoking it in here! lets not side step it.

Did you know cannabis was legal prior to the 30's? There was a smear campaign that was started by the paper industry because cannabis was seen as a much cheaper and stronger alternative to wood and cotton. A film called "Reefer Madness" came out in the 30's, brainwashed the sheeple in the USA to think Cannabis was in the same category as heroin.

but when smoked its harmful plain and simple

so does chemotherapy but you can't do that at home.

What makes me angry is that pharmaceutical companies are lobbying against the legalization of cannabis as well. They know it has medicinal properties but can't put a patent on a plant and can't make money on it. They are spending MILLIONS of dollars to synthesize THC in a lab so that they can put a patent on it and sell it legal to anyone in the USA.

no because it poses a health risk and its dosage cannot be regulated

You should do some reading on cannabis, you're almost as misinformed as I used to be.

because you smoke it right?

I used to be against cannabis as well... Then I learned about why it's illegal and how harmless it really is. It wasn't this big bad drug that my parents had always taught me. Edgar, you do realize that cannabis is NON TOXIC and you CANNOT die from it.

do you know how many people are addicted to smoking marijuana and can not stop? do you know what long terms effects you will encounter going forward in life? BTW im not claiming i do.

10 people die from choking on pen caps every year in the USA. ZERO people die each year in the USA from cannabis use.

At one point in history the same would have been said about tobacco and alcohol
i love you bruceee but come on...

Last edited by zumnwrx; 11-07-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:26 PM

i love you bruceee but come on...
In that you posted they cannot regulate levels of THC. Okay, I understand that. Now tell me how many people have died from THC overdose... I'll be here waiting.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:29 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by DSav408
WHO | The top 10 causes of death

Please find the death toll of marijuana usage.
just because THC is not toxic does not mean that while high on marijuana it has no ability to make you make a fatal decision to yourself or others.

i know pot heads so i know that when they are "high as **** man" they don't remember what they did (impaired) and recreation use can turn into habitual use and its hard for them to stop (addictive)

Last edited by zumnwrx; 11-07-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Chapter 1 « JackHerer.com
Old 11-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
just because THC is not toxic does not mean that it has no ability to make you make a fatal decision to yourself or others
See, thats the thing, unless you've tried weed before, you are never going to realize that weed doesn't f*ck you up that way. You get a mix of the following:

Giddiness
Hunger pangs
A relaxed mood

Yes, you do end up intoxicated, which means no driving or anything that requires sobriety. The kind of responsibility to not drive intoxicated is something that has to be taught to individuals at a young age, or else it doesn't matter if they are consuming weed or alcohol, they can still get themselves killed in a car crash or doing something dumb.

In no way do you end up making "fatal" decisions unless you were some dumb **** that was already in line for a Darwin's Award nomination. Weed isn't PCP, or whatever kind of crazy drug you have it confused with.

You claim to know so much about cannabis, but every "reason" you give simply betrays not just ignorance on the subject, but a personal bias as well.

Originally Posted by queeg9k
I prefer Jack Herer II

jokes

Last edited by w0ng3r; 11-07-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So cannabis is now legal for recreational use in WA and CO...