i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Shameless self promotion … Booth at Holiday Street Fair !! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/shameless-self-promotion-%85-booth-holiday-street-fair-151812/)

RallyWagon 12-06-2006 02:00 PM

Shameless self promotion … 2007 Open Studio!

1 Attachment(s)
As some of you may know, I have been taking photographs for quite a while. Friends have repeatedly suggested that I should market my work. I finally took that step by having a show in May 2006 and booths at craft fairs in August & December 2006.

My next event is an OPEN STUDIO in Oakland, so if you are in the area, do drop by and say hello!

EVENT: 2007 HOLIDAY SHOW / OPEN STUDIO

DATES: Sat & Sun - December 1 & 2, 2007
Sat & Sun - December 8 & 9, 2007

TIME: 11am – 4pm

[ATTACH]190119[/ATTACH]

Tufa Reflections-1, Mono Lake, CA
Jane Barker © 2003
No images may be reproduced or used for any purpose without the Artist's written permission.
[url]www.janebarkerphotography.com[/url]

Daredevil 12-06-2006 02:20 PM

i actually can't bring myself to say anything mean.

damn

Roo 12-06-2006 04:01 PM

We're going to try to make it on the 17th.

On the 9th, we're driving down to SoCal to see a friend...because he might not see Christmas. :(

huck 12-06-2006 04:08 PM

+1 Jane takes dope photos.

How good? So good they left Max speechless. ;)

platypus 12-06-2006 04:09 PM

good luck, Jane - I hope you sell 'em all!

pkapride 12-06-2006 08:08 PM

Jane, I do not think I will be able to make it, but good luck!

RallyWagon 12-07-2006 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=Roo]We're going to try to make it on the 17th.

On the 9th, we're driving down to SoCal to see a friend...because he might not see Christmas. :([/QUOTE]

Greg,

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your friend makes it way past Christms. If not, I hope the ending is peaceful and pain free.

Jane

BOOOST4 12-07-2006 10:57 AM

What types of photograpghs other than nature (per posted example) do you do?

Any suby-centric ones? I may be in the area this weekend.

psoper 12-07-2006 11:31 AM

She only bought her suby a couple of months ago, I expect she'll have more suby-centric works later in her career, but I think that landscapes are probably her best stuff so far.

Roo 12-07-2006 12:58 PM

I have one of her photos...signed by the artist.

I bought it at a "Free Huck" auction.

You look closely, you can tell the vehicle in the picture must have been a GL wagon from the 70's.

RallyWagon 12-07-2006 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=BOOOST4]What types of photograpghs other than nature (per posted example) do you do?

Any suby-centric ones? I may be in the area this weekend.[/QUOTE]

My website states "Landscapes, whimsical roadside art, vintage cars". The photo that Roo is talking about would fall under both the Whimsical Roadside Art and the Vintage Car categories. ;)

At the moment my portfolio is mainly landscapes - both rural and urban, trees, flowers and the odd piece of roadside art that catches my eye. I have a ton of car photos from various events, but none of them are Subies.

If you're on Telegraph Avenue on Saturday do stop by and say hello. No pressure to buy - honestly.

Jane

Tele-Viper 12-18-2006 06:39 AM

Hi Jane, I met you yesterday. My girlfriend and I purchaced one of your spectacular photos of Mono Lake. We were the ones with Chihuahua. It was a pleasure meeting you...thank you for the photo.

Ray

eastbaysubaru 12-18-2006 02:56 PM

Couldn't make it to either date unfortunately. I too have some family stuff going on that takes precedence. I hope everything went well with the booth!

-Brian

RallyWagon 12-18-2006 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=Tele-Viper]Hi Jane, I met you yesterday. My girlfriend and I purchaced one of your spectacular photos of Mono Lake. We were the ones with Chihuahua. It was a pleasure meeting you...thank you for the photo.

Ray[/QUOTE]

Hi Ray,

It was a pleasure meeting you guys too! You're welcome about the photo. Mono Lake is one of my favourite places. Definitely worth a visit at any time of year. It's a special place. Do check out their neat webcams. [url]http://www.monolake.org/[/url]

Jane

[QUOTE=eastbaysubaru]Couldn't make it to either date unfortunately. I too have some family stuff going on that takes precedence. I hope everything went well with the booth!

-Brian[/QUOTE]

Hey Brian!

It was almost as cold as the Reno Rally yesterday. Could have done with some hot bacon in the sandwich! Definitely a learning experience. Major winds the first w/e. If it had not been for a couple of friends with sandbags I'd have lost a lot. Took a smaller, more windproof setup yesterday and did much better.

Jane