Secret Sidewalk (WE'RE MEETING THERE TODAY, SUNDAY AT 7PM! BE THERE!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by soundwave
If brucelee is our guide I'll go. Lol

should we bring weapons? Jk
I'll totally be your guys guide. We should all park at my house and take a single car so that we dont look all suspicious with a ton of cars there. We need to go around some fence and hike a bit to get there.

Its really freaky at night, like big time... So lets do it at dusk or right before. Bring cameras, EPIC views!

Lets do it Sunday!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
yea i would like to go during the day first to scope the place out... i dont feel like falling down a gully
Lets go on Sunday before it gets dark, that way we can explore as it's getting dark.

So like Sunday at around 7:00pm?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by brucelee
Lets go on Sunday before it gets dark, that way we can explore as it's getting dark.

So like Sunday at around 7:00pm?
I would say im down but its like a 2hr drive for me

anyone wanna chip in for gas?
Old 08-15-2009, 02:20 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
I heard they're a lot of beef from the property owners,
Old 08-15-2009, 02:59 AM

Ive never experienced any of the owners, as long as we're respectful and quiet there should be no problem at all. There are two ways of getting in, one is by following the train tracks (much easier way), or we could hop a fence and pass through people's back yards which is a bit closer, but Id prefer not going that way.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:13 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Brucelee, One thing my Army buddy always tells me when I **** around and talk about ghost to him is this: " I can't ****ing shoot ghost man !" ahahahahahaah....which is true. =)
Old 08-15-2009, 07:25 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
So are we on for 7pm on Sunday?
What address are we meeting at?

I'm looking at directions online and cannot find this on Google maps. I see the trestle but have no idea where the sidewalk is or goes

Last edited by Lowend; 08-15-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:08 AM

Car Info: The 4 Train
Damn this has really got my interest now.. I would like to drive down and meet with you guys for a tour of it..

there are LOTS of creepy streets/places in the Sac area.. theres Dyers Lane, just google "dyers lane sacramento ca" and read some of the findings Ive been there myself about 3 or 4 times at night and HAVE seen a couple creepy/unexplainable things.

Then theres also this old *** creepy looking house with a strange history to it.. i actually did A LOT of research on the place and got in touch wiht some historians and gold old pics of the place/owners.

this is what the entrance looks like today

what it used to look like

original owner William Dana Perkins

the house

my friend took this pic one night when him and two/three other friends were exploring the house. There was NO ONE else in the house with them and they stayed together as a group. They didnt have a flash light so they continued to just take random pics to use the flash as a light... well they got home and loaded all the pics and got this in one of them

OMG, I want to see this house! Can you get to it fairly easily from hwy 80? I would probably go during the day tho, cuz I'm a fraidy-cat like that
Old 08-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by danielliez
OMG, I want to see this house! Can you get to it fairly easily from hwy 80? I would probably go during the day tho, cuz I'm a fraidy-cat like that
the first time i went there i was by myself and during the day.... i STILL felt creeped out! Ive been out there a total of like 3 times. Yes its not too far of a drive off 80.. either getting off at Taylor rd exit or Rocklin rd.

Cant really explain how to get there tho.. you cant see ANYTHING from the road. There are HUGE olive trees that surround the property to keep it hidden from ppl that dont know its there (kinda what it looks like in the first pic of me pulling up). You have to pull off the road, drive over train track and then a small dirt road to get to the entrance thing. Then drive down a semi twisty dirt road before you start to see the house.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:32 AM

Car Info: 96 gm(sold), 98 bk, 02 sf
the only way i've heard of getting there is the old canyon rd way and hopping the fence with a bunch of no trespassing signs. Personally I've never gone because I didn't want to get my car towed
I'm up for Sunday at 7 *gets spotlight and camera ready*
Old 08-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Churro Aficionado

wish i could make it
Old 08-15-2009, 10:42 AM

Car Info: White 05 STI and Silver 05 FXT
sounds fun let me know if you guys are going for sure im down to go
Old 08-15-2009, 10:55 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
let me know too! i want to go. ill borrow my friends machete. haha
Old 08-15-2009, 11:23 AM

Car Info: The 4 Train
the first time i went there i was by myself and during the day.... i STILL felt creeped out! Ive been out there a total of like 3 times. Yes its not too far of a drive off 80.. either getting off at Taylor rd exit or Rocklin rd.

Cant really explain how to get there tho.. you cant see ANYTHING from the road. There are HUGE olive trees that surround the property to keep it hidden from ppl that dont know its there (kinda what it looks like in the first pic of me pulling up). You have to pull off the road, drive over train track and then a small dirt road to get to the entrance thing. Then drive down a semi twisty dirt road before you start to see the house.

Do you know what the house is called? I Googled it and found "Aitkin's Ranch" as the name, but it says the mayor is living there
I pass thru Sacto/Rocklin area all the time, I wanna stop next time and check this place out. I can handle creepy in the day time, but not at night
Old 08-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by danielliez
Do you know what the house is called? I Googled it and found "Aitkin's Ranch" as the name, but it says the mayor is living there
I pass thru Sacto/Rocklin area all the time, I wanna stop next time and check this place out. I can handle creepy in the day time, but not at night
Yea it was originaly Aitkins.. it used to be home of Senator Ralph Dills... but the house has been empty for years. There was some strange stuff going on at the house.

Its a long read but worth it
http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/content?oid=34829

I might stop out there today after i stop by DBtuned (its like a 5-7min drive down Taylor rd from there)

Kinda sucks cuz when i was doing research on it I was calling the local PD and Fire Dept to try and get info on it. They said they were planning on tearing it down Last time I went out the pillars infront of the house were tore down, but idk if that was just vandalism or what

Took these pics July 9th
Name:  0709081114.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  51.8 KB
Name:  0709081115.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  77.0 KB

Quick Reply: Secret Sidewalk (WE'RE MEETING THERE TODAY, SUNDAY AT 7PM! BE THERE!!!)