Old 11-15-2016, 02:40 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Official: SF Giants 2017 Season Thread!

A fresh thread for the new season!!!!
Old 11-15-2016, 06:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Heard they're looking at J.D. Martinez. Seems like he'd be a decent fit. Hits for average. Has some juice in his bat.

Not sure what they'd have to give up to make it happen. He'd be a good addition but they really need to improve the bullpen.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:01 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Heard they're looking at J.D. Martinez. Seems like he'd be a decent fit. Hits for average. Has some juice in his bat.

Not sure what they'd have to give up to make it happen. He'd be a good addition but they really need to improve the bullpen.
exactly. Don't mind improving the outfield with some proven pop if it doesn't completely sacrifice the future. Would rather make sure to spend the money on a closer, preferably Melancon. If that comes thru we'd likely have more money left over than if we signed Chapman or Jensen...to allocate towards other needs.

Word is that Management want to give Parker and Williamson a chance to earn the outfield spot, seeing as how Duvall became the "one that got away"...what a first time All-Star who mashed 33HRs last year?!? Yeah and we got a whole month or so of Mike Leake who pulled a Beltran, and bounced outta here at his first chance. WTH. Well with the salary where it's at, maybe it's worth it giving them the chance to win a starting gig.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

I would prefer a closer first before we move towards other needs
Old 11-16-2016, 10:39 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
In.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by CHESTON
exactly. Don't mind improving the outfield with some proven pop if it doesn't completely sacrifice the future. Would rather make sure to spend the money on a closer, preferably Melancon. If that comes thru we'd likely have more money left over than if we signed Chapman or Jensen...to allocate towards other needs.

Word is that Management want to give Parker and Williamson a chance to earn the outfield spot, seeing as how Duvall became the "one that got away"...what a first time All-Star who mashed 33HRs last year?!? Yeah and we got a whole month or so of Mike Leake who pulled a Beltran, and bounced outta here at his first chance. WTH. Well with the salary where it's at, maybe it's worth it giving them the chance to win a starting gig.
Chapman would be great. Gonna be expensive though. He had a good year and won a ring.

Melancon and Jansen would be solid.

What about Neftali Feliz?
Old 11-16-2016, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Chapman would be great. Gonna be expensive though. He had a good year and won a ring.

Melancon and Jansen would be solid.

What about Neftali Feliz?
didnt follow what Feliz has done recently. So can't comment intelligently on that. If we're dredging second tier closing options, we could look at trying to pry Tony Watson away from the Pirates...he's got some decent results at the back of the pen after Melancon left...
Old 11-17-2016, 09:10 AM
General Pimpin'

Feliz had a really good start to his career then fell off. He'd be relatively cheap. He's still young. Has really good heat. Consistently above 95mph. He had a decent year this year but gave up too many HR's.

I think with a good coach he could improve his offspeed and develop a better KO pitch. And having a quality catcher will help his mind game... hopefully give up less HR's.

But he'd be a major liability at the plate.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by The Law
I would prefer a closer first before we move towards other needs
This, but please, no Chapman.

-Brian
Old 11-18-2016, 07:25 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
This, but please, no Chapman.

-Brian
I agree. While he has a very mean fast ball, his control isn't the best when he steps away from his fastball from what I saw during the playoffs. Plus his price tag that he's going to command as a free agent will be ridiculous since he won the world series and on the flip side, he almost lost the game 7 when he started throwing his other pitches. Then again, you could blame Joe Maddon for that one since he burned out Chapman's arm from having his closer throw over 50 pitches in the previous two games.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:14 AM

I agree. While he has a very mean fast ball, his control isn't the best when he steps away from his fastball from what I saw during the playoffs. Plus his price tag that he's going to command as a free agent will be ridiculous since he won the world series and on the flip side, he almost lost the game 7 when he started throwing his other pitches. Then again, you could blame Joe Maddon for that one since he burned out Chapman's arm from having his closer throw over 50 pitches in the previous two games.
well we could bid on him, if only to drive the price up for where he'll eventually land, like say the Dodgers?

lol
Old 11-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

well we could bid on him, if only to drive the price up for where he'll eventually land, like say the Dodgers?

lol
I would be ok with that to drive up the price for the dodgers.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:35 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

I need more Giants news
Old 11-22-2016, 09:17 AM

I need more Giants news
Yeah right?!

seems like, who is it, Seattle and Atlanta are being first lovers in this market. A a little sprinkle of Toronto, but fairly quiet in the West. Tho the A's traded away Valencia...
Old 11-22-2016, 06:46 PM

Talking Dragged over from 2016 thread...

Originally Posted by boardoholic

It'd be nice if I had that contract paying me!

Also, I need to get a jersey that say C HESTON on the back and I'd be so set at the ballpark. Hell I threw a no hitter didn't I?!?? Buy me a beer!

Dammit no space in the rotation for me right now. Bide my time unless a long man is needed. Is Peavy under contract for '17 or no? Youth wave is coming I think...
You mos def should get a custom jersey (or at least the T-shirt version) with that nameplate.
Originally Posted by sigma pi
It'd be nice if I had that contract paying me!

Also, I need to get a jersey that say C HESTON on the back and I'd be so set at the ballpark. Hell I threw a no hitter didn't I?!?? Buy me a beer!

Dammit no space in the rotation for me right now. Bide my time unless a long man is needed. Is Peavy under contract for '17 or no? Youth wave is coming I think...
Illuminati confirmed!
Yattaze, OYAGI!!!! Getting ready for 2017 YO, just hoping they get that CBA nonsense sorted so that the Hot Stove isn't impacted. We need a dam a$$ closer!!!

C

Quick Reply: Official: SF Giants 2017 Season Thread!