i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/rollcall-snowboarding-you-know-who-you-122295/)

boardoholic 03-22-2007 11:51 AM

Autobots, Unite!

[quote=OneManArmy]...the 31st and 1st.[/quote]
[size=3][b]Arnold/Bear Valley Wagon Trip: Episode III[/b][/size]

Hey fellas! Ya know who ya are... what's going on w/ this?!? I know this is really short notice, but Ray proposed this date in a post weeks ago. [i]**EDIT: [url=https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1787801&postcount=717]Here's[/url] Ray's initial suggested wknd.**[/i] We've gotta get a trip in before the season's over! My guess is they'll be closing on Sun, Apr 15th, if not the wknd before, which is Easter Sunday.

Justin? El Jefe? Li'l Jefe? Steve?
Autobots, Unite! [i][size=1]<--- movie hype tie-in... don't ask[/size][/i]

ipozestu 03-22-2007 12:39 PM

Cliff, I don't see it happening for me this year. I have to work on Sat. Maybe I could get up there that night. Kind of iffy. Yase and I are heading to OR this monday 26th. Then we head back up to OR on the 6th. We'll see if there is anything from the man(Ray) and go from there. We really did piss poor in terms of planning this year for this. I needed at least a month notice.

stg2lgcy00 03-22-2007 12:45 PM

I still really wanna go but I'm trying to recover from a sprained ankle as of now. This one was close to how bad my worst sprain was. I'd have to see by the beginning of next week if my ankle will be able to handle snowboarding.

ipozestu 03-22-2007 12:47 PM

Well if all else fails; we could always go get liquored up.:D

ASpec818 03-24-2007 10:38 PM

so Northstar *kinda* sucked today. hard ice, melted snow=water puddles, rough terrain. i might go back up to tahoe next weekend to board one last time. can anyone suggest a resort that still has good snow?

also, which resort has a lot of longer runs? ive been to most but dont remember which ones have the runs that take forever to finish.

flatline 03-24-2007 11:24 PM

alpine still has amazing snow

i happened to love northstar today, then again i wast the jerk splashing everyone riding through the puddles =)

gotta make the most out of the situation!

boardoholic 03-25-2007 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]Cliff, I don't see it happening for me this year. I have to work on Sat. Maybe I could get up there that night. Kind of iffy. Yase and I are heading to OR this monday 26th. Then we head back up to OR on the 6th. We'll see if there is anything from the man(Ray) and go from there. We really did piss poor in terms of planning this year for this. I needed at least a month notice.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... looks like we all had/have some issue or another this season. Plus, it didn't help that we had a below average snowfall year. (Aside: It's great that we got a storm coming thru tomorrow & Tues. It should be close to a foot when all is said & done.) At least a couple of us were able to do that quick run up there earlier in the season. Next year we'll obviously do a better job w/ getting dialed in & have a blast out there once again. Can I get an "Amen!" for a keg fr: Snowshoe?!? :D

[quote=stg2lgcy00]I still really wanna go but I'm trying to recover from a sprained ankle as of now. This one was close to how bad my worst sprain was. I'd have to see by the beginning of next week if my ankle will be able to handle snowboarding.[/quote]
Take care of that ankle, bruddah! Ya still got some serious skating to be had all spring & summer long. I know I'm gonna freebord a lot more than I ever had in the previous "dry" months... 3 or 4 times is just a shame. Where are my priorities! :rolleyes:

[i]Keep your eyes peeled b/c I have a feeling that Ray & Jordan will try to do a SEAL-team-style surgical strike up to Arnold on the last wknd. Call it Spidey-sense.[/i] :p

boardoholic 03-26-2007 10:16 AM

So it looks like we won't be squeezing much outta Tuesday's storm, so I'm looking to head up tomorrow. (I originally had a Wed & Thur trip in mind.) I may stay up there overnight & ride Wed as well. Who's down?

Hit me up, powderhounds! Max(Daredevil)? Eli(scarface)? I know a buncha y'all are on Spring Break right now. Whaddaya say?

OneManArmy 03-26-2007 10:36 AM

cliff...getting snow today, tonight and a bit tomorrow. I'd say anywhere from 7-12 inches total....weather folks are saying 6-8.

definately be worth riding wed...I would if I could.

As for our trip> I'm planning on heading up for sure the last weekend of the season so maybe we do it that weekend. Think it's the microbrew deal up there so even if the snow sucks we can mess around and have some beer.

boardoholic 03-26-2007 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy]...As for our trip> I'm planning on heading up for sure the last weekend of the season so maybe we do it that weekend. Think it's the microbrew deal up there so even if the snow sucks we can mess around and have some beer.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... I figured that most resorts would be closing on the wknd of the 14th & 15th. I'll try to roll up there on Sat if you're definitely gonna be up there. I promised my nephews that I'd take them up to Sierra either Thur the 12th or Fri the 13th. Then I've also gots tix to the A's-Yankees game on Sun the 15th. Keep me posted. I'll do the same.

boardoholic 03-29-2007 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy]cliff...getting snow today, tonight and a bit tomorrow. I'd say anywhere from 7-12 inches total....weather folks are saying 6-8.

definately be worth riding wed...I would if I could...[/QUOTE]
OMFG!!! They got around 12-18 on Mon, then 8 throughout Tues!

I just had [i]THE[/i] best powder day in a loooonnnngggg time. I rode Kirkwood Tues & yesterday (Wed). I am so glad I decided to ride Tue&Wed, instead of Wed&Thur. On Tues, we were on the 10th chair up the mtn. We kinda got screwed after the liftie crew set up the actual ropes & such. We were like the 8th&9th folks to show up for "first chair," so we should have been on the 3rd chair. It didn't matter too much since there were [u]completely[/u] fresh lines to be had for most of the morning. It was total bluebird til a shade before 11:00, then the clouds started to build & by 1:00 we had a scattered snow showers that continued through the nite. I dropped the Wave a few times & even dropped the "Hollywood" cliff along the Sunrise chair. It was just a damn schweet @$$ day of riding.

Unfortunately, Wed started out a li'l slow as far as getting all lifts open. No real clouds to speak of, but the winds were just howling up top. By 1:00, they were finally able to open up the Cornice chair. And there were still freshies to had. Ya just had to know where to find 'em & work for 'em. Luckily I made this trip out there w/ one of KW's part-time ski instructors, so he's familiar w/ that place. I, unfortunately, am not. I took a pretty bad digger late in the day yesterday. I was dropping off another rock, which had less coverage on it than anticipated. I clipped a li'l bump & I ended up doing a front flip off that thing. Plus, my left cheek smacked a part of the rock. I was extremely lucky that all I came away with is a VERY sore left gluteus maximus, a sliver of missing P-tex & a wounded ego. :p

Anyway, I hope some of y'all were able to take advantage of the bounty that Mother Nature has bestowed upon us powderhounds.

:D <----- [size=1][i]this smile doesn't even do justice as to what I wore on my mug for the past couple of days[/i][/size]

OwlBoogie 03-29-2007 01:09 PM

^^^ Nice! Going to sugar Bowl tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a good time like you had.

Krinkov 03-30-2007 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=boardoholic]OMFG!!! They got around 12-18 on Mon, then 8 throughout Tues!

I just had [i]THE[/i] best powder day in a loooonnnngggg time. I rode Kirkwood Tues & yesterday (Wed). I am so glad I decided to ride Tue&Wed, instead of Wed&Thur. On Tues, we were on the 10th chair up the mtn. We kinda got screwed after the liftie crew set up the actual ropes & such. We were like the 8th&9th folks to show up for "first chair," so we should have been on the 3rd chair. It didn't matter too much since there were [u]completely[/u] fresh lines to be had for most of the morning. It was total bluebird til a shade before 11:00, then the clouds started to build & by 1:00 we had a scattered snow showers that continued through the nite. I dropped the Wave a few times & even dropped the "Hollywood" cliff along the Sunrise chair. It was just a damn schweet @$$ day of riding.

Unfortunately, Wed started out a li'l slow as far as getting all lifts open. No real clouds to speak of, but the winds were just howling up top. By 1:00, they were finally able to open up the Cornice chair. And there were still freshies to had. Ya just had to know where to find 'em & work for 'em. Luckily I made this trip out there w/ one of KW's part-time ski instructors, so he's familiar w/ that place. I, unfortunately, am not. I took a pretty bad digger late in the day yesterday. I was dropping off another rock, which had less coverage on it than anticipated. I clipped a li'l bump & I ended up doing a front flip off that thing. Plus, my left cheek smacked a part of the rock. I was extremely lucky that all I came away with is a VERY sore left gluteus maximus, a sliver of missing P-tex & a wounded ego. :p

Anyway, I hope some of y'all were able to take advantage of the bounty that Mother Nature has bestowed upon us powderhounds.

:D <----- [size=1][i]this smile doesn't even do justice as to what I wore on my mug for the past couple of days[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

hey gonna be up at kirkwood this sat?

boardoholic 03-30-2007 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=Krinkov]hey gonna be up at kirkwood this sat?[/QUOTE]
Jeremy, I'm looking to go on Sunday to check out the Free-Skiing/-Boarding Event. Tomorrow, I'm going to the [b]A's[/b] game at AT&T Park.

I was able to cruise on a few runs w/ Eli(aka scarface) today at Sierra. Super warm out there. It got slushy quick.

Eli---
Too bad we weren't able to mash up a few more runs today, but I had a buncha people to herd together. I may be hitting up N* next week; I just gotta look at their reports & check on temp. predictions. But we'll definitely set up something next season (hopefully with MAS MUCHO snow). Btw, I got that last table on upper main totally dialed when cuttting into that side entrance halfway down. Even as slow as the snow was after you & Austin took off, you could pretty much point it & clear it. Later.

Daredevil 04-01-2007 03:52 PM

whats up people

ill be up at sierra tomorrow and tuesday (2nd and 3rd)

hopefully there's some snow left from the 30 inches they got :)