i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/rollcall-snowboarding-you-know-who-you-122295/)

bluwrxwgn 02-08-2006 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]Me too. This is the reason I go to Sierra mid-week and never go to heavenly[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Never go to Heavenly. I've been there twice and both times I've been there the wind was so bad that even on some downhill sections it was forcing me to go slower. Plus it's flat almost everywhere.

boardoholic 02-08-2006 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=bluwrxwgn]Exactly. Never go to Heavenly. I've been there twice and both times I've been there the wind was so bad that even on some downhill sections it was forcing me to go slower. Plus it's flat almost everywhere.[/QUOTE]
Damn, y'all are a buncha haterz! ;) It's just as bad as the North Shore vs. South Shore around the lake. Haven't we learned fr BigE & Pac? hehe

"Can't We All Just Get Along?"

ok... before you say it, El Jefe, I'll shut up now.

ipozestu 02-08-2006 07:54 PM

I'm gonna say it anyway... STFU Cliff. LOL

OneManArmy 02-08-2006 08:02 PM

Bah. Tahoe. Who needs it. LOL!!!!!!

I like my small homey mountain with nice stashes and no lines......for now. They're making all kinds of changes. Bah.

Personally I hate heavenly. Too expensive. Too crowded. To tight ass. When the snow is good the mountain can be outstanding....if it was empty. But if the snow is good I'd rather go to homewood. Homewood rips when the snow is good. Or Sugar or Kirkwood.

So I'll see you guys in a couple hours and el dukeh. eh.

We'll have to set up this weekend and pick a couple dates for the options on the next one. When we get better snow...>I hope.

06suba 02-08-2006 11:17 PM

heavenly sucks... i got a season pass for x-mas there because its like a mile from our cabin but i dont like it at all... first of all the lines are horrible, its always crowded, you have to ride like 3 or 4 lifts just to get to the good stuff, AND there are flat spots everywhere!

06suba 02-08-2006 11:18 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]Me too. This is the reason I go to Sierra mid-week and never go to heavenly[/QUOTE]

i grew up in placerville (about 50 min from tahoe) so i always went to sierra mid week... but now im livin down here in SF and work m-f so I only make it up on weekends... but sierra is the best cuz the parks are good but you can also just cruise down the mountain and hit the trail jumps..

my fav. run @ sierra is sugar & spice to corkscrew to beaver.:D

ucbsti 02-08-2006 11:43 PM

Werd, sierra sucks in terms of lines, but I do like the trail jibs/jumps

Northstar is up there in lift lines, but getting in/out of northstar is 10x easier

06suba 02-08-2006 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=ucbsti]Werd, sierra sucks in terms of lines, but I do like the trail jibs/jumps

Northstar is up there in lift lines, but getting in/out of northstar is 10x easier[/QUOTE]

yea last saturday i had to park in Lot E!!!! (never had to park that far away before)...

ucbsti 02-09-2006 12:18 AM

not jus that, but getting out of the lot, then getting on 50, then getting down the mountain behind the yuppies going 35

06suba 02-09-2006 01:02 AM

[QUOTE=ucbsti]not jus that, but getting out of the lot, then getting on 50, then getting down the mountain behind the yuppies going 35[/QUOTE]

theres a shortcut to beat some of the traffic... u know it?

subie OCD 02-09-2006 09:21 AM

hehe, I think Im the only one that likes heavenly! Had a season pass there last year, it was a blast.

projectwrx 02-09-2006 09:28 AM

ive never heard of homewood until now. haha

yeah, sierra is ridiculous. my friend has a double whammy and only goes there on the weekdays before all the newbies crowd the place.

ipozestu 02-09-2006 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=subie OCD]hehe, I think Im the only one that likes heavenly! Had a season pass there last year, it was a blast.[/QUOTE]
I think so too.

Steven@Coach 02-09-2006 11:59 AM

It is possible I might be able to leave during the day tomorrow. Who else is heading up in the early afternoon?

boardoholic 02-09-2006 12:12 PM

[QUOTE=Steven@Coach]It is possible I might be able to leave during the day tomorrow. Who else is heading up in the early afternoon?[/QUOTE]
Hey, Steven!

Ray & li'l Jeff are meeting up in Tracy w/ Justin. I think they're leaving @noon. From Tracy, Justin will be taking his wgn w/ Ray shotgun. Li'l Jeff will be driving his whip as well b/c he's heading back on Sun after breakfast (such a dedicated college student!). I was gonna meet up w/ El Jefe & we were gonna roll up in the pimped out SRT2 fr Mt. View. I'm able to leave w/ the other 3 guys. I was only waiting til later so that he had company on the drive. If it looks as if you & Jeff could roll out together, maybe we can work something out so I roll w/ the other 3 fellers @noon.

Btw, this is Cliff.