i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/rollcall-snowboarding-you-know-who-you-122295/)

OneManArmy 01-02-2006 11:17 PM

rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

well...32 inches in the last 24 hours. another 18 tonight. Another bit tomorrow.

I'm thinking tomorrow night I'll be on the road.... WOOT!!!!!!

eastbaysubaru 01-02-2006 11:46 PM

Too bad it couldn't have been a little colder last week. Thursday was SIIIICK but other than that, it was a blow out. Tomorrow would probably be ridiculous, but work is calling and I have no choice but to answer, especially since I took last week off. Oh well :(

-Brian

stg2lgcy00 01-03-2006 12:35 AM

I'd be down but I'm starting my first week at CSUEB so I'm gonna be busy.

jewpac42 01-03-2006 12:43 AM

Im going to Reno tomorrow, I might try and hit the slopes on Wednesday but I dont know.

HomerJay 01-03-2006 06:32 AM

I'll be there Friday and it's getting a lot colder. WOOT!

Yin 01-03-2006 08:58 AM

lol i just got back from reno/tahoe. we were stuck up there for 5 days. all roads were closed. good news is that theres a lot of new snow!

wrxn'sx 01-03-2006 12:02 PM

Was at a friends cabin in Arnold for New Years weekend. Tons of fresh at Bear on Sunday, too bad they closed everything except for the kiddie lifts due to wind around 10:30 or so. Still had fun as I'm still a novice boarder.

MVWRX 01-03-2006 12:09 PM

Last year I tried and never met up with you guys...this year I'm recovering from a badly broken ankle I gave myself in Sept, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to start riding. I hope by the end of the season I'll be up there with you all...we'll see.

DEMENTEDWRX 01-03-2006 12:24 PM

gonna be some nice runs once it stops snowing!

subie OCD 01-03-2006 12:40 PM

dad got me 4 passes to sugar bowl this xmas, Im stoked

bluwrxwgn 01-03-2006 12:59 PM

You know I'd be down if I was working and had money bro. Hopefully I can convince my parents to let me get that season pass. If not, I'll just have to get some of those 2 or 3 day passes.

OneManArmy 01-03-2006 01:51 PM

justin..yeah...do 2/3 day passes....but do the math and maybe they'll swing a bit and you two can cover the rest...shoot I'll kick in what I have..haa.

figure this....... $500....divided by $38 that's what....14 days and it's paid for. If think you can do 14 days or more it'll be worth it. If not then just do the 3 day passes and roll with it. plus you get 15% off all the crap in the store and they are actually carrying stuff like burton and sessions this year and I think you get 10% off food. So it ads up.

If you can't get one this year get one next year. Buy it toward the end of this season. That's what I did last year. I got 5 days in on mine last year....plus this season so far...mine's paid for already. The rest of the year is free!!! woot.

as for me. Looks like I'm taking off tonight. Later. Get up to the cabin late tonight and ride for the next few days. Head home to spend the weekend with my girlfriend.

We definately have to set up our first iclub trip of the year soon. Thinking... 2 weeks or so.

ucbsti 01-03-2006 01:53 PM

I'll be at sierra again this weekend

My buddy has a free cabin around heavenly, so ill be crashing there and heading to sierra

Season pass is the way to go, $269 for the season, good every day at sierra and a few blackout days at northstar. Ive gone 4 days so far, 2 more this weekend, so its already paid for itself and then some

bluwrxwgn 01-03-2006 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=ucbsti]I'll be at sierra again this weekend

My buddy has a free cabin around heavenly, so ill be crashing there and heading to sierra

Season pass is the way to go, $269 for the season, good every day at sierra and a few blackout days at northstar. Ive gone 4 days so far, 2 more this weekend, so its already paid for itself and then some[/QUOTE]

A season pass to Bear is $500 right now. I should have bought it last year like Ray did. Damnit it. lol

Calsoldier 01-03-2006 02:01 PM

Just got back from tahoe yesterday (South Lake Tahoe), and it was impossible to ski/snowboard because the snow was coming down so hard you couldn't see 3 feet ahead of you. I'll be back up on Wednesday hopefully.

Oleg

subabu05 01-03-2006 02:12 PM

I <3 fresh tracks

ucbsti 01-03-2006 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=bluwrxwgn]A season pass to Bear is $500 right now. I should have bought it last year like Ray did. Damnit it. lol[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty high, id rather take a pass to heavenly or kirkwood for $310

subabu05 01-03-2006 03:08 PM

^^^^ werd kirkwood is the business

Wrxneffect 01-03-2006 03:15 PM

Since this is the snowbard thread I'd thought I post this here. I've got an all day adult pass to Bear Valley if anyone wants it for $35. I was there last weekend, New Years weekend, and couldn't go on Sat becasue they closed the lifts but decided to go sunday, eventhough it was only the bunny slopes. Unfortunately for me, as I was getting on the Super Cub lift, the chair came down on my brand new 06 mission bindings and snapped them. I was really pissed and talked to the management and they are replacing my bindings with brand new ones and since I only got one run in they gave me a free one day pass to make up for the one I bought, so if anyone is gonna go up to Bear Valley you can have that pass for $35. I'm located in the SF.

-J

andyC 01-03-2006 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=HomerJay]I'll be there Friday and it's getting a lot colder. WOOT![/QUOTE]

me too! where ya going?

boardoholic 01-04-2006 02:01 AM

whaddup, bruddah Ray!

i've been outta commission for a few weeks. i fractured my wrist @"Boring Hill." it was such a fluke, man. on their smallest rail, just two hours into the day, w/ a good 3 or 4 to go. i fall off toward my backside & put my hand down to "catch" myself. i thought it was just a sprain, so i take a couple more runs before heading to 1st aid. surprise! surprise! pulling off the glove & raising my jacket sleeve reveal that it's a more than a li'l sprain.

bah! long story...short. i get splinted up @the ER in truckee. sign the 05/06 broken wrist banner of shame. drive to my buddy's in reno. pop some vicodin. wake up the next day & ride for 5 hours @mt. rose, another place w/ a bear valley kinda vibe. i had ridden there once before but only as an ultra-newb.

i've been jones-ing to head up since, but i'd much rather have this cast off just to be safe. it comes off next tues. just in time for a li'l 2-day run in south lake on wed & thur.

keep us posted dates for the this season's 1st i-club trip to bear.

btw, whaddup, justin! you, too, li'l jefe!

P R A Y _ F O R _ S N O W

HomerJay 01-04-2006 06:41 AM

Ouch, maybe I should start wearing wrist guards? ;)

Oski 01-04-2006 08:06 AM

[QUOTE=andyC]me too! where ya going?[/QUOTE]

I'll be going up on Friday also, if I can get my lazy butt to wake up at 4am. Think I'm going to Northstar.

ucbsti 01-04-2006 09:18 AM

[QUOTE=HomerJay]Ouch, maybe I should start wearing wrist guards? ;)[/QUOTE]

you better get the hot pink ones

bluwrxwgn 01-04-2006 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=boardoholic]whaddup, bruddah Ray!

i've been outta commission for a few weeks. i fractured my wrist @"Boring Hill." it was such a fluke, man. on their smallest rail, just two hours into the day, w/ a good 3 or 4 to go. i fall off toward my backside & put my hand down to "catch" myself. i thought it was just a sprain, so i take a couple more runs before heading to 1st aid. surprise! surprise! pulling off the glove & raising my jacket sleeve reveal that it's a more than a li'l sprain.

bah! long story...short. i get splinted up @the ER in truckee. sign the 05/06 broken wrist banner of shame. drive to my buddy's in reno. pop some vicodin. wake up the next day & ride for 5 hours @mt. rose, another place w/ a bear valley kinda vibe. i had ridden there once before but only as an ultra-newb.

i've been jones-ing to head up since, but i'd much rather have this cast off just to be safe. it comes off next tues. just in time for a li'l 2-day run in south lake on wed & thur.

P R A Y _ F O R _ S N O W[/QUOTE]

What up man. Damn that sucks about your wrists. But yea, there will definitely be an i-club trip this year.

MVWRX 01-04-2006 10:50 AM

Just ride with your hands in fists...best thing I ever learned in a snowboard class. Then you punch the snow when you fall, which is a lot better than slapping it for your wrist.

subie OCD 01-04-2006 12:40 PM

mmmm vicodin

bluwrxwgn 01-04-2006 03:06 PM

Wrist guards cost like $18. They are worth it. The only time I wear mine is if I'm gonna be hitting some jumps or something. Otherwise I don't wear them.

Lowball 01-04-2006 04:51 PM

I'm I the only one who got the 2 free tickets from Subaru to Kirkwood on 1/7 & 1/8 for the Master The Mountain event?

I'm going on 1/8 if anyone wants to meet up.

Lowball

old school photo from back in the day...please don't laugh ;)

HomerJay 01-04-2006 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=Lowball]I'm I the only one who got the 2 free tickets from Subaru to Kirkwood on 1/7 & 1/8 for the Master The Mountain event?

I'm going on 1/8 if anyone wants to meet up.

Lowball

old school photo from back in the day...please don't laugh ;)[/QUOTE]

Subaru hates me. I've purchased two new subaru's and I'm on their website yet they give me nothing but spam. F*** subaru. I'm buying toyota next time. Oh wait! Darn it.

boardoholic 01-06-2006 12:47 AM

yeah, honestly, it looks like i'll be picking up a pair this weekend. i'm gettting my cast taken off just before hitting up sierra & heavenly next wed & thurs. i'll probably start putting milk in my camelbak, too. ;) for that added peace of mind. heh heh

[quote=MVWRX]Just ride with your hands in fists...best thing I ever learned in a snowboard class. Then you punch the snow when you fall, which is a lot better than slapping it for your wrist.[/quote]i usually do this, too. i guess i'm getting lazy or took it for granted. i was seriously caught off-guard when i fell off. such a flukey kinda thing, man.

[quote=subie OCD]mmmm vicodin[/quote]YESSS!!!!! wow...i had never taken the stuff before. nice li'l feeling, but definitely not something to be hopped up on if ya need to drive in the mtn's.

OneManArmy 01-07-2006 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=boardoholic]whaddup, bruddah Ray!

P R A Y _ F O R _ S N O W[/QUOTE]

what up homie. You know you're always welcome at my crip.

Sorry for the break man. That's week. Least you got to ride.

I've been there done that. Shoot I did the same thing. Got up and my wrist was bent 90%...hand strait up from my arm. I yell at my bro to wait cause I thought I broke it. He just kept going. So I snapped it back down and road all day. Road all year actually. Figured out like 5 years later that I really did fracture it. chiropractor went to crack it and said...oh your broke your wrist...I said no. he said...um yeah...there's suppose to be a bone right here and stuck his finger into my wrist..haaa.

good reason I stay out of the parks these days. Booooo...boooooooo parks no good for fat old men with $1000 knee braces on..haaaaa.

OneManArmy 01-07-2006 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=boardoholic]yeah, honestly, it looks like i'll be picking up a pair this weekend. i'm gettting my cast taken off just before hitting up sierra & heavenly next wed & thurs. i'll probably start putting milk in my camelbak, too. ;) for that added peace of mind. heh heh

i usually do this, too. i guess i'm getting lazy or took it for granted. i was seriously caught off-guard when i fell off. such a flukey kinda thing, man.

YESSS!!!!! wow...i had never taken the stuff before. nice li'l feeling, but definitely not something to be hopped up on if ya need to drive in the mtn's.[/QUOTE]

when I blew my knee out I got a couple vicodin and went to the bar. Where a couple shots of whiskey and a beer later I was doing jumping jacks in the bar and about to grab my board and hit the slopes.......my brother came in and went....oh isht dude wtf are you doing!!!! sit down.

Mind you this was less than half an hour after they told me my leg was broken..... doc at first aid said it looked like I broke the top of my tipia.

OneManArmy 01-07-2006 06:23 PM

Last post them I'm outtie....gotta work at 9. (Anyone wants to come out to Molly Magee's in Mtn. View of Castro. Ask for Ray.....my last night working...quit last night)

anyways...update to my trip.

Tuesday night drove up..stopped at UCKK. 6 shots of espresso later (2 triple's) I hit the road at what.... 11:30ish?

I go smoken up the road and get to my cabin in arnold at 1:35pm. Cracked out of my mind I fall asleep at like 3am probably. Wake up at 7. Grab a quick bite to eat.....eggo's and OJ. hit the road and ride all day. FREAKIN SICK!!!!!!! Wed a.m. was dope. deep pow many many turns of untouched. Lets just say I was like the 4th person down tigger if anyone knows bear valley.

End of the day I'm riding one of my lesser know patties for the last run and I go into full back leg cramp cussing rampage. Sitting in the snow OB with nobody but my brother around thinking I'm hosed I pound a bottle of water and make a few killer turns and come out alive.

crash out around midnight. Wake up at 7am thursday. Eggs. toast. OJ. Hit the road. Ride all day. Warm as all hell outside. Still TONS of turns available. Did like 3 runs in my favorite spots...>I tell no lie when I tell you that my brother and I did 3 runs of oh....300 yards of untouched lines. Maybe more...probably more. (as jeff.jeff.cliff.justin...they've been there)

Friday I'm damn near dead when I wake up in the morning and I head up the road a bit later in the day after eggs. bacon. OJ. vitamin water.

Get up there and do some fire lines down the groomers until I find my brother at 2 in the afternoon...I came up about 2 hours late.....

We ride ride ride. Then blast out a couple of runs in the very wet powder in my favorite spot. Go home. I hit up tricity. Went to work. Started work at 9. Got home at around 3:40 am this morning.....

LONG FREAKING FEW DAYS!!! But so worth it.

SnoHumper 01-08-2006 05:10 AM

sno is tight

STi-FTW 01-08-2006 08:32 AM

I got back from a midweek trip jan 4-6. My friend's family had a giant house at northstar. It was sorta depressing how warm and slushy it was. They only had one park open and none of the good rails :( I think I ended up drinking at the house more than boarding.

t-rex grrr 01-08-2006 12:35 PM

i have a snowboard for sale if anyone's interested...it's a shaun white 155 w/ bindings and it's in the bay area classified section

princesschels22 01-08-2006 04:33 PM

tricity is going to out business tia. heard it on live 105 this morning. im headed to sierra tomorrow, anyone going and want to meet up call cell, pm or im me. :)

boardoholic 01-08-2006 05:24 PM

ray, you & your bro are some lucky-@$$ punks! 3 straight days of charging. i'm so jealous. it's been just over 4 weeks since my last turn, so i'm jones-in' bad. luckily, i take care of my fix this wed & thur! woohoo!

oh, wassup to you, too chels! congrats to you & james, btw. have fun tomorrow @sierra. i should be hitting that up on wed, then heavenly on thurs.

stg2lgcy00 01-08-2006 06:02 PM

I wanna head up once I'm not sick anymore, felt like crap this whole week. Oh and I think Judd Bales wants to come along also...

svo+wrx 01-08-2006 06:28 PM

Bay Area Ski Bus is the way to go when you dont have a lisense lol... 100$ for bus ride up breakfast lift ticket and bus ride back. such a good deal im going the 15th to Sierra at Tahoe
________
[URL="http://medicalmarijuanacard.info"]Medical Marijuana[/URL]

MVWRX 01-09-2006 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy]Last post them I'm outtie....gotta work at 9. (Anyone wants to come out to Molly Magee's in Mtn. View of Castro. Ask for Ray.....my last night working...quit last night)[/QUOTE]

DUDE I wish I had known that before. I live at California and Escuela, I go downtown 3-4 nights a week...usually Merv's for the prices. Damn it, and now you quit...oh well.

Daredevil 01-09-2006 01:18 PM

i've been up 6 times so far this season

it'd be awesome to meet up with some people from i-club though :)

ucbsti 01-09-2006 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=Daredevil]i've been up 6 times so far this season

it'd be awesome to meet up with some people from i-club though :)[/QUOTE]

So have I

say a few modded WRXs and a STi in the northstar parking lot this weekend

bluwrxwgn 01-09-2006 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy]Last post them I'm outtie....gotta work at 9. (Anyone wants to come out to Molly Magee's in Mtn. View of Castro. Ask for Ray.....my last night working...quit last night)

anyways...update to my trip.

Tuesday night drove up..stopped at UCKK. 6 shots of espresso later (2 triple's) I hit the road at what.... 11:30ish?

I go smoken up the road and get to my cabin in arnold at 1:35pm. Cracked out of my mind I fall asleep at like 3am probably. Wake up at 7. Grab a quick bite to eat.....eggo's and OJ. hit the road and ride all day. FREAKIN SICK!!!!!!! Wed a.m. was dope. deep pow many many turns of untouched. Lets just say I was like the 4th person down tigger if anyone knows bear valley.

End of the day I'm riding one of my lesser know patties for the last run and I go into full back leg cramp cussing rampage. Sitting in the snow OB with nobody but my brother around thinking I'm hosed I pound a bottle of water and make a few killer turns and come out alive.

crash out around midnight. Wake up at 7am thursday. Eggs. toast. OJ. Hit the road. Ride all day. Warm as all hell outside. Still TONS of turns available. Did like 3 runs in my favorite spots...>I tell no lie when I tell you that my brother and I did 3 runs of oh....300 yards of untouched lines. Maybe more...probably more. (as jeff.jeff.cliff.justin...they've been there)

Friday I'm damn near dead when I wake up in the morning and I head up the road a bit later in the day after eggs. bacon. OJ. vitamin water.

Get up there and do some fire lines down the groomers until I find my brother at 2 in the afternoon...I came up about 2 hours late.....

We ride ride ride. Then blast out a couple of runs in the very wet powder in my favorite spot. Go home. I hit up tricity. Went to work. Started work at 9. Got home at around 3:40 am this morning.....

LONG FREAKING FEW DAYS!!! But so worth it.[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget the picture of your buttcrack. lol

OneManArmy 01-09-2006 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]DUDE I wish I had known that before. I live at California and Escuela, I go downtown 3-4 nights a week...usually Merv's for the prices. Damn it, and now you quit...oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'm staying on as an on-call person. basically just to pick up the occassional shift. Once every few weeks or what not.

I'll still be drinking down there as well.

do you drive a silver sedan? I've seen one a few different times in the general area of merv's.

surprised you haven't seen my wagon down there....or justin's for that matter. He used to work there as well.

MVWRX 01-09-2006 02:43 PM

It is crazy I haven't seen your cars...I have a wagon too, CGM 05. Right now I have a handicap thing because I broke my ankle though. I'll keep an eye out for other wagons down there.

gooder77 01-09-2006 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=ucbsti]So have I

say a few modded WRXs and a STi in the northstar parking lot this weekend[/QUOTE]

I was there yesterday. There were quite a few subies out. I was totally envious since I didn't take my car up. Weather was perfect!

bluwrxwgn 01-09-2006 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]It is crazy I haven't seen your cars...I have a wagon too, CGM 05. Right now I have a handicap thing because I broke my ankle though. I'll keep an eye out for other wagons down there.[/QUOTE]

I worked at Molly's from last october to August. I occasionally see other Subaru's in the parking lot, but nobody ever says hi or post's up in the sighting thread. So I just figure that they aren't on the site. But yea, you'd either see Ray's white '04 wagon or my Blue '02 wagon.

~Justin

boardoholic 01-10-2006 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=stg2lgcy00]I wanna head up once I'm not sick anymore, felt like crap this whole week. Oh and I think [b]Judd Bales[/b] wants to come along also...[/QUOTE]
yo, li'l Jefe!
i totally forgot about good ol' Judd. even more hilarious @the burger joint where the guy behind the counter went to school w/ him. hope ya feel better soon. looks like i'm only able to do a one-day to sierra on thurs now. folks are dropping like flies for the double-down action. ah...it's ok though. now i could spend half o' wed @tri-city esp. since i got there a shade before 8 last nite & they were closed. get better kwik b/c the snow & the sliding will be insane for the next 6+ weeks! yes, you heard it here first!
catch ya later!

OneManArmy 01-10-2006 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=boardoholic]yo, li'l Jefe!
i totally forgot about good ol' Judd. even more hilarious @the burger joint where the guy behind the counter went to school w/ him. hope ya feel better soon. looks like i'm only able to do a one-day to sierra on thurs now. folks are dropping like flies for the double-down action. ah...it's ok though. now i could spend half o' wed @tri-city esp. since i got there a shade before 8 last nite & they were closed. get better kwik b/c the snow & the sliding will be insane for the next 6+ weeks! yes, you heard it here first!
catch ya later![/QUOTE]

speaking of season passes....wait til' you see the name on mine!!! haaaa....

I'm gonna try to work out a date to go up.....gonna try for like...2 or 3 weeks from now.

Can't do it around the first of feb though..it's the ladies bday and she'd cut a finger off for that one. or hit my leg with a hammer ala' misery so I can't ride anymore.

What's a good weekend for your cliff, jeff, jeff, justin..etc.

Jeff...keep in mind the bday party deal at your place and whatever I work up for meg.

WRXdavid 01-10-2006 11:53 PM

anyone going to northstar on thursday? i'll be out there in an 02 psm with a cf hood and an 04 wagon.

06suba 01-11-2006 11:43 PM

im goin up to my cabin for the weekend.. goin boardin at sierra on saturday and heavenly or kirkwood on sunday.. i drive an 06 2.5i.

i go up every weekend if anyone's down to board

06suba 01-11-2006 11:46 PM

^^^^but i really only want to board with someone GOOD.^^

the occasional 420 is cool also.

riptide2 01-12-2006 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]DUDE I wish I had known that before. I live at California and Escuela, I go downtown 3-4 nights a week...usually Merv's for the prices. Damn it, and now you quit...oh well.[/QUOTE]

I live in the California-Latham ghetto as well... I've seen quite a few Subarus around. Next time I'm at Molly's I'll be on the lookout.

OneManArmy 01-12-2006 01:00 PM

bah. Looks like I probably have one more shift to cover. I'll be there either to work or drink Sat.

OneManArmy 01-12-2006 01:02 PM

oh and you guys that live down there.......do you know what happened a few weeks back. It was around 2:30 or so and I am on my way home...get passed by a butt load of cops. I get to the chevron get gas. They surround the parking lot by the hotel. Some van smashed into the in and out and was still sitting there. Driver on the run. bunch of fire and para over at the jack and the box and what not. They caught the guy. I saw that on my way out.

bluwrxwgn 01-12-2006 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy]oh and you guys that live down there.......do you know what happened a few weeks back. It was around 2:30 or so and I am on my way home...get passed by a butt load of cops. I get to the chevron get gas. They surround the parking lot by the hotel. Some van smashed into the in and out and was still sitting there. Driver on the run. bunch of fire and para over at the jack and the box and what not. They caught the guy. I saw that on my way out.[/QUOTE]

Somebody smashed into the In and Out?

06suba 01-12-2006 01:20 PM

[QUOTE=bluwrxwgn]Somebody smashed into the In and Out?[/QUOTE]

what city was this in?

MVWRX 01-12-2006 02:06 PM

Mtn View, corner of Grant/237 and El Camino (right?)

OneManArmy 01-13-2006 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]Mtn View, corner of Grant/237 and El Camino (right?)[/QUOTE]

yeah

subie OCD 01-18-2006 09:34 AM

Went to sugar bowl on Sunday and it was beautiful, almost a perfect day. Fresh snow, sunny, no wind, short lift lines and not too many people on the mountain...it was great. ALthough traffic was crappy! Driving from Concord to Sugar Bowl took over 4 hours, and the way back was nearly 5 hours, I zonked out and slept 12 hours when I got home

kimbo63 01-18-2006 01:08 PM

I'm in Snowbird right now :D

It's a blizzard out there!!! :eek:

bringndefinitio 01-18-2006 04:03 PM

cant wait to head out to tahoe this weekend with all this new snow comming

BlingBlingBlue 01-18-2006 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=subie OCD]Went to sugar bowl on Sunday and it was beautiful, almost a perfect day. Fresh snow, sunny, no wind, short lift lines and not too many people on the mountain...it was great. ALthough traffic was crappy! Driving from Concord to Sugar Bowl took over 4 hours, and the way back was nearly 5 hours, I zonked out and slept 12 hours when I got home[/QUOTE]

Dude, I hate you. I was going to roll up there with a buddy but then we realized Monday was a Holiday and figured it would be a mad house. At least the crappy traffic softens my pain a bit!

subie OCD 01-18-2006 04:26 PM

OK, to ease your pain even more, I lost 4 free passes that my dad gave me. Flat out gone...Im gonna see if they are refundable/exchangable or something, I dunno. It sucked because I had everything planned, then come morning Im like W T F ?

oh well

MVWRX 01-18-2006 04:38 PM

^^Worse than that, my brother's roomate at Davis bought a double whammy pass. Before he even used it once, he compound fractured his ulna and will be out for the season. I feel for the guy, that's a crap load of money and fun down the drain.

bringndefinitio 01-18-2006 05:20 PM

ouch that does suck!

boardoholic 01-18-2006 05:34 PM

All right, all right, settle down, folks. Anyone else get the feeling that we're playing out the scene fr Lethal Weapon 2 where Rene Russo & Mel Gibson are one-upping each other w/ battle scars? That means y'all are a couple posts away fr one serious nekkid romp in the snow!

I'm sorry, that's just wrong on so many levels! My bad. My bad. So, ahem, back to topic ... what was it? Beer? Juggies on Trampolines? Racing up Pikes Peak? ah... yes...

Who's down to get their shred on tomorrow? I was thinking of doing a day-trip on Sunday, but I'd rather watch me some football then. Plus, I've got this work dinner to go to. Anyway, the Nat'l Weather Svc forecasts some serious dumpage fr this current storm that began last nite. Close to a foot & half at the upper elevations! I was thinking o' Sugar Bowl or Kirkwood. Oh, I was hoping to tag along w/ someone looking to head up since I drove up my buddies last Thurs. I'll chip in for some petrol, of course.

Any fellow powderhounds out there? I'm an advanced/intermediate boarder in San Jo near SJ State. Shoot me a pm.

ipozestu 01-18-2006 05:57 PM

Ah Cliff, how are you man? Ray and I were talking about going up this weekend. I have to give him a call and see what's up. Football sounds good though. I'd go with you tomorrow but, I think I will finally be able to pick my car up. So no can. Mon. looks good too. Hey have you given it any thought about the weekend romp at Ray's? I was thinking the second week of Feb. The third week all of the kids are out of school. Which means hibernation waiting for hibernation. Chime in ******!!!!

HomerJay 01-18-2006 06:03 PM

YEAH! I'll be at Heavenly this weekend. They just opened up a night terrain park. :D

boardoholic 01-18-2006 06:08 PM

!Hola, Senor Jefe! Yeah, I pm'd Ray my thoughts for a trip for his "i-club renowned" powder stashes. ssshhhh. We mustn't give away all the goodies. Remember... them freshies are oh-so-delicate and remain that way by our determination to keep them that way. heh heh. That 2nd wknd is ideal for me, too. He knows and, of course, you know that Holiday wknds blow at the resorts as far as crowds go. If I don't find anyone to head up w/ tomorrow, I may have to head over to the Duke tonite to have a Stella. It's been a while, bruddah!

ipozestu 01-18-2006 06:20 PM

Cool, Jeremy just twisted my arm, I think I am going to go to the Duke too.

slow04wrx 01-18-2006 11:42 PM

i'd be down to go, but i only go to kirkwood, i don't fux with dem bammar ski resortz

bluwrxwgn 01-19-2006 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]Ah Cliff, how are you man? Ray and I were talking about going up this weekend. I have to give him a call and see what's up. Football sounds good though. I'd go with you tomorrow but, I think I will finally be able to pick my car up. So no can. Mon. looks good too. Hey have you given it any thought about the weekend romp at Ray's? I was thinking the second week of Feb. The third week all of the kids are out of school. Which means hibernation waiting for hibernation. Chime in ******!!!![/QUOTE]

You guys know I'm down for the second weekend in Feb.

doughboy 01-19-2006 09:48 AM

anyone going soon? i'm dying to go...

View Askew 01-19-2006 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=HomerJay]YEAH! I'll be at Heavenly this weekend. They just opened up a night terrain park. :D[/QUOTE]

Haha I'll be there next weekend. I love night boarding. :o

bringndefinitio 01-19-2006 01:04 PM

If one of my friends flake this weekend I have room for one more person in my wrx. Not sure where I'm boarding yet but I do have a cabin this weekend so I'll be somewhere in tahoe Saturday and heading back sunday.

doughboy 01-19-2006 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=bringndefinitio]If one of my friends flake this weekend I have room for one more person in my wrx. Not sure where I'm boarding yet but I do have a cabin this weekend so I'll be somewhere in tahoe Saturday and heading back sunday.[/QUOTE]

man, i wish i didn't have to leave town this weekend. otherwise, i'd pay for that slot to go up to Tahoe! :(

OneManArmy 01-19-2006 02:20 PM

bah....my brother's work schedule is screwing me all up now. Bah!!!!

anyone want to go ride with me friday and Sat. Maybe Jeff will head up for Sat.

I'm thinking of driving up tonight. Riding all day Fri. Not sure if I can ride all day Sat cause I have to be back in town that night...but I'm thinking I can get most of the day in....leave at like 2:30 or 3 or something like that.

Anyone care to join me?

I can pick you up anywhere from santa cruz to..umm......we'll say union city....then anywhere between there and arnold.

if you're south of watsonville you can meet me at my house and leave your car in my garage.

sooooo...how about it...anybody up? free place to crash. free board wax. possibly semi free food on friday night.

06suba 01-19-2006 02:22 PM

going up sat & sun if anyone would like to go with me... probably going to sierra or kirkwood

boardoholic 01-19-2006 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy]sooooo...how about it...anybody up? free place to crash. free board wax. possibly semi free food on friday night.[/QUOTE]
damn, Ray... I wish I could, but I'll be working. If anyone out there can do this, go for it. You will not be disappointed. Btw, OMA, so, are we setting Fri, Feb 10th thru Sun, Feb 12th, in stone for Arnold/Bear Valley: Part Duex? I've yet to put in a time off request @work. Lemme know.

Have fun, rippin' up there! Since I didn't hit up the slopes today, which I regret terribly, it looks like I'll be hitting up Squawllywood on Sun. They've got an online ticket special for only 35 buckeroos!

OneManArmy 01-19-2006 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=boardoholic]damn, Ray... I wish I could, but I'll be working. If anyone out there can do this, go for it. You will not be disappointed. Btw, OMA, so, are we setting Fri, Feb 10th thru Sun, Feb 12th, in stone for Arnold/Bear Valley: Part Duex? I've yet to put in a time off request @work. Lemme know.

Have fun, rippin' up there! Since I didn't hit up the slopes today, which I regret terribly, it looks like I'll be hitting up Squawllywood on Sun. They've got an online ticket special for only 35 buckeroos![/QUOTE]

Its looking pretty solid. Give me a day or 2 to get 100% confirmation but as of right now I'd say we're golden.

Got the go ahead on those days from you, jeff and justin. My bro is most likely in. So only one we'll be missing is lil' jeff but he's a maybe right now.

subie OCD 01-25-2006 09:42 AM

Sugar Bowl Pics

Here are some pics from Sunday

[URL=http://i42.imagethrust.com/p/229988/sugarbowl1_jpg.html][IMG]http://i42.imagethrust.com/t/229988/sugarbowl1.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://i47.imagethrust.com/p/229989/sugarbowl2_jpg.html][IMG]http://i47.imagethrust.com/t/229989/sugarbowl2.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://i41.imagethrust.com/p/229991/sugarbowl4_jpg.html][IMG]http://i41.imagethrust.com/t/229991/sugarbowl4.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://i48.imagethrust.com/p/230004/sugarbowl6_jpg.html][IMG]http://i48.imagethrust.com/t/230004/sugarbowl6.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://i44.imagethrust.com/p/230005/sugarbowl7_jpg.html][IMG]http://i44.imagethrust.com/t/230005/sugarbowl7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This was one of my favorite runs, straight and fast!
[URL=http://i46.imagethrust.com/p/230007/sugarbowl10_jpg.html][IMG]http://i46.imagethrust.com/t/230007/sugarbowl10.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

ucbsti 01-25-2006 10:20 AM

Out of commission for 2 weekends. Partial seperation of my collar bone on sunday, then took 6hrs to get home from sierra.

Staying away from sierra for the rest of the season, HWY 50 sucks ass coming back

subie OCD 01-25-2006 11:17 AM

Bummer! That sounds painful, although 2 weeks aint bad at all.

Daredevil 01-25-2006 04:58 PM

im going up thsi sunday and monday if anyone wants to meet up

i even have an extra season pass with vertical plus if you wanna use it for the day

ill be sierra on sunday and northstar on monday

OneManArmy 01-25-2006 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=Daredevil]im going up thsi sunday and monday if anyone wants to meet up

i even have an extra season pass with vertical plus if you wanna use it for the day

ill be sierra on sunday and northstar on monday[/QUOTE]

depending on the weather and a few other things I might just have to take you up on that.

krzyxrevver12 01-26-2006 02:50 AM

its raining and im broke.. so you know what that means... $10 student day at boreal for me.. haha.. be there friday afternoon - night and probably saturday too... white 03 wrx wagon... see anyone who's up there... peace

06suba 01-26-2006 03:51 AM

ill be at sierra sunday if anyone wants to go...

by the way, for those of you that go to heavenly there is a quick shortcut that takes u past all the traffic from sierra at tahoe.... it's a quick & ez one that will save a good 45 min.

HongKongBeef 01-26-2006 07:40 AM

spill the beans on this magical shortcut!

subie OCD 01-26-2006 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=Daredevil]

ill be sierra on sunday and northstar on monday[/QUOTE]
Be carefull lending out someone elses season pass! Last season my buddy lent his Heavenly pass to his gf's brother, and somehow got caught using it. He was cited/arrested(?) and they made a BIG deal about it. I think it was a $500 fine and he had to go back up from the bay to deal with it in court.

Daredevil 01-26-2006 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=subie OCD]Be carefull lending out someone elses season pass! Last season my buddy lent his Heavenly pass to his gf's brother, and somehow got caught using it. He was cited/arrested(?) and they made a BIG deal about it. I think it was a $500 fine and he had to go back up from the bay to deal with it in court.[/QUOTE]

my brother and hsi friend got caught doing what im doing, they suspended the vertical plus for a day and that was all

i've done it about 5 times with my friends and no worries, as long as you don't look like a damn newb you're fine

BlingBlingBlue 01-27-2006 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=06suba]by the way, for those of you that go to heavenly there is a quick shortcut that takes u past all the traffic from sierra at tahoe.... it's a quick & ez one that will save a good 45 min.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Pioneer Trail?

boardoholic 01-27-2006 09:09 AM

[quote=Daredevil]ill be sierra on sunday and northstar on monday[/quote]
[quote=06suba]ill be at sierra sunday if anyone wants to go...[/quote]
I'm hoping to hit up Sierra on Sunday as well. We're supposed to get about a foot tomorrow(Sat)! I'll be @Heavenly, and I suspect they'll probably be shutting down a lotta the upper mtn lifts due to high winds. The Nat'l Weather Svc is forecasting gusts up to 100mph. Yikes! So for Sun, I'm gonna do my damndest to Jedi mind trick my crew to do Sierra since $59 is awful steep for a 'discounted' lift ticket. Plus, the backside 'boulders' along El Dorado chair are sweet after some dumpage. I've got a couple other 'runs' I'll be keeping to myself for now.

Btw, I've got a stock silver bugeye wagon. I rock a moto-X style helmet and a light grey & red jacket. I'll be the one hoping not to refracture my right wrist. :D So, if any of us run into to each other, we just might have to trade secrets on our fave runs.

Have fun out there & be safe!

boardoholic 01-27-2006 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy]Its looking pretty solid. Give me a day or 2 to get 100% confirmation but as of right now I'd say we're golden.

Got the go ahead on those days from you, jeff and justin. My bro is most likely in. So only one we'll be missing is lil' jeff but he's a maybe right now.[/QUOTE]
!Hola, Ray! Didya get my pm? If ya decide to head to Sierra on Sunday, hit up my cell. Do ya still have my #? I have yours if it's still the same as last year. Shoot me a pm if it's changed.

Li'l Jefe: Do what ya gotta do as far as escuela & all, if that's why you're a "maybe". But the trip won't be the same w/o good ol' Judd! heh heh

Happy sliding, folks!

bluwrxwgn 01-27-2006 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=boardoholic]!Hola, Ray! Didya get my pm? If ya decide to head to Sierra on Sunday, hit up my cell. Do ya still have my #? I have yours if it's still the same as last year. Shoot me a pm if it's changed.

Li'l Jefe: Do what ya gotta do as far as escuela & all, if that's why you're a "maybe". But the trip won't be the same w/o good ol' Judd! heh heh

Happy sliding, folks![/QUOTE]

Me and Ray are both heading up. I just got the ok from the people's who lend me money. lol I'm not sure where we are planning on going since we might be doing sunday and monday. I can't wait, I haven't been up on season and I seriously need to get up there and clear my head.

ipozestu 01-27-2006 10:51 AM

I'll head up on Mon to meet you guys. Wherever you are.

gooder77 01-27-2006 02:49 PM

I'll be up at Sierra or Northstar next weekend. I'll have the rally pig sticker on my helmet

ryan

bluwrxwgn 01-29-2006 12:43 PM

I heard from Ray. Our trip for the second weekend in February is a go. He got the ok the other day from his folks to use the cabin.