i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Roadside CHP emissions check, Santa Rosa! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/roadside-chp-emissions-check-santa-rosa-244100/)

Irish_car_B0mb 08-21-2012 09:33 AM

Roadside CHP emissions check, Santa Rosa!

Wtf, I've never even seen one of these in the northbay let alone Santa Rosa.

Are these things AWD dyno? If not do they wave you by or do they do an idle test. I passed my smog with 0 emission with my spt exhaust, but the current exhaust I don't believe it would pass. Greddy DD exhaust with Version 7 jdm sti dp. I can dream.

I saw 2 rice rocket lookin cars pulled over, What can they do if you don't pass the smog check? This is new to us north bay folks I believe.

I've never seen one up here before, only seen them in so-cal.

queeg9k 08-21-2012 09:34 AM

To my knowledge they are voluntary and all you have to do is decline the test.

eastbaysubaru 08-21-2012 09:37 AM

Yeah, no AWD dyno = no go. I would really like to see them targeting some of the crazy trucks up here if they're going to go after anyone. Straight pipe trucks and diesel trucks with "stacks" don't seem to get the same attention as a 150hp japanese car with an intake/catback. I wonder which one is dumping more CO into the air. Strange how that works...

-Brian

Ddraig 08-21-2012 09:47 AM

Hey Ryan, where did you see this at? My subie is sitting in the garage until I can clear the rock out of my driveway (landscaping), but it's good info to know about.

Irish_car_B0mb 08-21-2012 10:48 AM

Sebastopol Rd. right across the street from Guanella Autobody, about a block west of cook middle.

I did find that it wasn't an AWD dyno. Looks also like they are pulling over older model year cars, 90's and such. Scoped it out a few times today, doesn't mean they aren't pulling over anything newer, just haven't seen it.

kwiksilverwrx 08-21-2012 10:57 AM

Ya I just got wind of this too. Someone said they were impounding too but idk how that will work out

wombatsauce 08-21-2012 11:29 PM

Wow! That's sort of freaky. Wonder what happens if you fail.

nic3krnnamja83 08-22-2012 12:19 AM

Was on my way to work and I pulled around the corner and was surprised. I live a mile from it.

speed wrxer 08-22-2012 08:44 AM

California is way out of control! Whats next? They are slowly taking our freedoms away under the guise of ecological responsibility. Targeting automobiles instead of factories and such. Cars contribute next to nothing compared to industrial manufacturing plants and the like. If we don't start to push back it'll be to late. Santa Rosa is usually pretty chill as far CHP activity. The madness is spreading I suppose.

Overbear 08-22-2012 12:15 PM

Just remember, your answer is...

"No officer I do not feel at this time like partisipating. Am I free to go?" if he says anything else your answer is always "no thank you, am I free to go?"

faraco3 08-22-2012 01:11 PM

I just drove through one on SR-12 west of Middle Rincon Rd. Looks like the CHP officer is just doing traffic control and the CARB guys are the ones stopping cars and running the sniffer machine. They are wearing orange vests that say C.A.R.B. on them.

queeg9k 08-22-2012 01:35 PM

[quote=overbear;3282812]just remember, your answer is...

"no officer i do not feel at this time like partisipating. Am i free to go?" if he says anything else your answer is always "no thank you, am i free to go?"[/quote]

+1000000000

1JavaBlk_in_Sac 08-22-2012 04:27 PM

Sacramento is bad. I've heard about atleast 5-6 smog check points last few months in here

thejordan 08-22-2012 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=kwiksilverwrx;3282375]Ya I just got wind of this too. Someone said they were impounding too but idk how that will work out[/QUOTE]

usually you'll get a ref ticket. but if you don't have valid registration, insurance, drivers license, they can tow away your vehicle.

speed wrxer 08-22-2012 05:24 PM

C.A.R.B. has to be one of biggest money making scams in cali. Why have we done nothing about this type of sh**! How far are we from government mandated cameras in our homes so they can make sure we are not spanking our children too much or eating too much salt or fat? Sorry for the rant but these subtle advancements on our freedoms make me irate. I saw the one on hwy 12. Why the hell would you close down half the lanes on a hwy for some voluntary B.S. like this? Schools back in now and that section of road gets all retarded anyway. Mother Kalifornia is assuming control.