i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   RIP ldivinag (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/rip-ldivinag-252065/)

EDGEmotorworks 06-17-2013 03:03 PM

This is very saddening! R.I.P. from the Edge Motorworks family. :(

OneManArmy 06-17-2013 03:52 PM

How's his family paying for the services and all that jazz? They taking donations? Need help?

Gibz 06-17-2013 05:00 PM

OH NO!!! I talk to him all the time on facebook and I didn't know this happened :( May he rest in peace.. I am shocked :(

oshrizak 06-17-2013 05:05 PM

I'm a bit hesitant writing on this as well but like always I pay my respects. RIP and even though I never met him seems like he's helped and been a great asset to the community.

TheFozz 06-17-2013 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=Concillian;3413199]Remember him well from the old Krispy Kreme days.

RIP Leo.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that just made me smile in a nice way. We can't do that anymore with people like they are now. I miss those. How many times where we'd think we were gonna get booted to only have him or me know the Officer that was visiting us from either of our High School's.

boardoholic 06-17-2013 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=psoper;3412704]His family posts on Facebook don't go into much detail;

Friends of Leo, Leo passed away peacefully in the late afternoon of 6/14.
Leo's memorial will be on Sat, 6/22 @11am. First Presbyterian Church of Newark. [B][COLOR="Red"]33450[/COLOR][/B] Newark Blvd. Newark 94560. [url=http://www.newarkpres.org]First Presbyterian Church of Newark[/url]. For more info, please contact James Divinagracia (cousin).

Afraid I won't be able to make it, but maybe some of you guys who knew him can...[/QUOTE]
Just a headsup that there's an address typo. The church is actually located at 35450 Newark Blvd. 33450 puts you at the Hwy 84 onramp. I'm not on fb, so if that's copied from his cousin's post, someone might want to relay that. I did a quick check, and it seems firearms message boards he frequented also has the incorrect address.:ohwell:

boardoholic 06-17-2013 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=TheFozz;3412849][QUOTE=boardoholic;3412836]We chopped it up about Cal State [U]Hayward[/U]...[/QUOTE]
Fixed that for him, local's joke.[/QUOTE]
Nice, esp. since that's one of the things we chuckled about in our short convo that day.

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;3413314]How's his family paying for the services and all that jazz? They taking donations? Need help?[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering about this, too. Although I only talked w/ him in person a couple times along w/ the occasional exchange on the forums, I'd like to contribute what I can.

I've already got a Tahoe trip w/ my buddies going on this wknd. And knowing that Leo was an outdoor enthusiast into 4x4'ing & camping, I'll be sure to take in a moment of true appreciation w/ him in mind while up in the mtn air w/ my close friends.

Again, condolences to his family. May you rest in peace, Leo.

TheFozz 06-17-2013 09:47 PM

Thus why I posted it's at the corner of Cedar and Newark Boulevard, across the street from O'Reilly's and Big-O Tires.

[QUOTE=boardoholic]Nice, esp. since that's one of the things we chuckled about in our short convo that day.[/QUOTE]

sybir 06-18-2013 01:42 PM

Jesus. RIP, Leo. We're going to miss you around here :(

TheFozz 06-18-2013 04:07 PM

Edit: Clearing up some Church mis-communicaton.

rau 06-18-2013 04:08 PM

Wait........ WHAT!?

OneManArmy 06-18-2013 04:20 PM

WTF?

Someone has got to clear this up. That would be great news for us but either way still a tragedy for that family.

TheFozz 06-18-2013 04:40 PM

Edit: Clearing up some Church mis-communicaton.

psoper 06-18-2013 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=TheFozz;3413752]Why I went and talked to who I talked to after looking at the name on the service schedule.

[url=http://www.newarkpres.org/events/calendar/]Calendar « First Presbyterian Church of Newark[/url]

Facebook, misquotes, internet, hopefully Leo is indeed OK. Either way, Prayers are still sent.[/QUOTE]

Also from Leo's facebook page:
"My cousin Leo G Divinagracia passed away on Friday. I called him Manog Ter. He was 46 years old. He was kind and giving. Selfless and caring. He was patient and easy going. ..."

I think many in his family referred to him as Ter or Terry.

If you were a facebook friend of his, go check for yourself, everything posted there pretty much confirms it.

And Fozz, I posted your contact stuff there on a thread from his cousin, but I'm not a friend of James, and don't have any direct contact info, so that's about all I could do for you.

OneManArmy 06-18-2013 05:25 PM

[QUOTE=psoper;3413772]Also from Leo's facebook page:
"My cousin Leo G Divinagracia passed away on Friday. I called him Manog Ter. He was 46 years old. He was kind and giving. Selfless and caring. He was patient and easy going. ..."

I think many in his family referred to him as Ter or Terry.

If you were a facebook friend of his, go check for yourself, everything posted there pretty much confirms it.

And Fozz, I posted your contact stuff there on a thread from his cousin, but I'm not a friend of James, and don't have any direct contact info, so that's about all I could do for you.[/QUOTE]

That strikes a cord with my brain somewhere. I think you're right on that.