i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Predictions as to how much Stevens Creek Subaru will sell the STi for. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/predictions-how-much-stevens-creek-subaru-will-sell-sti-5623/)

brucelee 01-10-2003 11:13 AM

Predictions as to how much Stevens Creek Subaru will sell the STi for.

Assuming MSRP is 32k.

I predict 41k.

What do you guys say?

lol, those bastards.

Broken Arrow 01-10-2003 11:16 AM

Sounds about right!! Especially for their intitial alotment.

Slack 01-10-2003 11:16 AM

Since they tried to markup the WRX to 5K over msrp, I'll go with 7500 over MSRP.

olympicjosh 01-10-2003 11:18 AM

i got my 2003 wrx wagon there in nov. for 2k under sticker.

Broken Arrow 01-10-2003 11:26 AM

With that dealership they can manipulate the prices. If they sell a WRX below MSRP, they make it up with some else buying the vehicle at the suggested dealer asking price.

The place that I work at, the prices are low everyday. The service department sucks, but the WRX prices are great. I'm not saying we are the cheapest around, other dealers can match our prices, but the hassle you have to go through is a bit tiring. For us, just pick a car and off we go!!

bemani 01-10-2003 11:40 AM

where do you work at?

suby_dude 01-10-2003 11:57 AM

at this point, specially w/ a new release of a car that is in high demand.

why sell it at msrp?

if a sales guy can get 2-3-5 thousand and someone is willing to pay for it... i don't see anything wrong w/ that.

if i have 2 STI delivered to me... i wouldn't sell it at MSRP if some other guy is going to walk in and pay me more for it?!

i don't think its a crime to sell this car over MSRP.

Broken Arrow - if you only had 5 STI allocated for your store for the first month... you're telling me you are going to sell it at MSRP?

brucelee 01-10-2003 12:27 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by suby_dude [/i]
[B]at this point, specially w/ a new release of a car that is in high demand.

why sell it at msrp?

if a sales guy can get 2-3-5 thousand and someone is willing to pay for it... i don't see anything wrong w/ that.

if i have 2 STI delivered to me... i wouldn't sell it at MSRP if some other guy is going to walk in and pay me more for it?!

Broken Arrow - if you only had 5 STI allocated for your store for the first month... you're telling me you are going to sell it at MSRP? [/B][/QUOTE]

It's called greed Joseph.

PKduck 01-10-2003 12:46 PM

i am sick of hearing that crappy dealer....!!

PKduck

KnightRider 01-10-2003 01:17 PM

i think all dealers will have them marked up at least 3 grand

BADWRX 01-10-2003 01:39 PM

Actually, there are quite a few that are selling at MSRP. That one dealer on here said with a $500 deposit, you his Sales Manager would give MSRP. At MSRP, they are making a rake, but, that is fair...

I feel as though gouging (I.e. Stevens Creek, and Roseville) is unsat.

Personally, I am waiting for somebody to sell one used...then I will buy an STi.

Supposedly, Mitsu has prohibited it's dealers from selling at over MSRP...that is what I read on EvolutionM anyways.

JP 01-10-2003 05:05 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by suby_dude [/i]
[B]at this point, specially w/ a new release of a car that is in high demand.

why sell it at msrp?

Broken Arrow - if you only had 5 STI allocated for your store for the first month... you're telling me you are going to sell it at MSRP? [/B][/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true verdor.

Broken Arrow 01-10-2003 05:11 PM

Hey Guys,

Like I said, "2004 StIs at MSRP." Even if we have only 5 allocated to us.

I only got one of the 2 MazdaSpeed Proteges in and we are selling it at MSRP.

The other vehicles we sell at MSRP: Mustang COBRAs and Thunderbirds.

Green VAlley SUbaru
1200 Oliver RD.
Fairfield, CA 94533
707-421-3300

ASK for The Asian Ray

suby_dude 01-10-2003 05:17 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by brucelee [/i]
[B]It's called greed Joseph. [/B][/QUOTE]

greed?

its actually called the law of supply and demand in an open marketplace.

just like your car. you wanted 17k... but no takers... everybody was asking for 14.5... so if you got a lot of offers at 14.5 i would have to say the market value of your car is about that. why did you ask for 17k... greed? ofcourse not! its how selling works.

its actually why ebay is such a success.

let me give you another example young man.

when the PS2 first came out.... u go online and you can get your hands on one by 20-30% over retail prices... same w/ the new PS2 network adapter... selling @ ebay for more. again, another good example of supply and demand.

its not greed. its called smart adaptation in the market.

shure broken arrow can sell for MSRP.... at the first week of release ALL the STI are gone... except for which ones? yup! das rite.. .the ones asking 3-4 gran over MSRP... and i can assure you that someone will be buying it.

1WRX2NV 01-10-2003 05:49 PM

WOW!!!