i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Post a *PIC* of your latest purchase.. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/post-%2Apic%2A-your-latest-purchase-203691/)

Superglue WRX 12-18-2009 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=wombatsauce;2777233][IMG]http://photos.wombatsauce.com/albums/old.audio/images/img_4638.jpg[/IMG]

JVC MX-90 "Compact Component System" for the bedroom. The pic only shows one speaker since the other one is on the other side of the shelf to the right. I wanted one of these when they were new in 1992 (yep) and they cost around $1200 and I was 14yrs old. Found this one which was stored since then, came with the receipt, all paperwork and remote w/ the original batteries in it (still works!). This thing looks like brand new, and any fingerprints on it are mine. I am sure 99% of the people on here will think I am nuts for getting this but I really like older audio gear and as corny as it sounds, they don't make them like this anymore. Any smaller systems today look like something that would be used to launch a space ship. This one is normal, and sounds great. Has bandpass subwoofers built into the speaker boxes and they are bi-amp'd. Anyways...[/QUOTE]

WOW! It has Auto Reverse and a digital equalizer :SHOCKED: !!!!!

Did you put in an old Boyz 2 Men album to test it out? :dance:

... seriously though, I like that system.

Superglue WRX 12-18-2009 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Powerblock 5.0 series

Adjustable dumbbell set 5-50lbs

[ATTACH]138529[/ATTACH]

wombatsauce 12-18-2009 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=Superglue WRX;2777391]WOW! It has Auto Reverse and a digital equalizer :SHOCKED: !!!!!

Did you put in an old Boyz 2 Men album to test it out? :dance:

... seriously though, I like that system.[/QUOTE]

Dude - it has DUAL Auto Reverse with Dolby B + C!!!! The EQ is nutty, it learns/saves curves for each input and will even track volume and such (eg, for radio I usually only listen to NPR so the curve is set to optimize speech).

I dusted off some Def Leppard for this bad boy. But seriously both my wife and I have some old tapes from daaaaays ago and a lot of it we can't find (she's into Swedish "dark metal" and some other random stuff) so the tape decks are pretty cool. Except for the whole rewinding thing - I had forgotten how much that sucks!

I pulled apart the speaker cabs today and cleaned/dusted/tightened everything. I think I need to stick some polyfill in the ported side of the bandpass subwoofers because there is a lot of air noise at higher volume through the weird "labyrinth" port thingus.

ruehl 12-18-2009 02:56 PM

[img]http://chesterwhisky.com/images/jack-daniels-single-barrel-lg.jpg[/img]

Superglue WRX 12-18-2009 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=wombatsauce;2777397]Dude - it has DUAL Auto Reverse with Dolby B + C!!!! The EQ is nutty, it learns/saves curves for each input and will even track volume and such (eg, for radio I usually only listen to NPR so the curve is set to optimize speech).

I dusted off some Def Leppard for this bad boy. But seriously both my wife and I have some old tapes from daaaaays ago and a lot of it we can't find (she's into Swedish "dark metal" and some other random stuff) so the tape decks are pretty cool. Except for the whole rewinding thing - I had forgotten how much that sucks!

I pulled apart the speaker cabs today and cleaned/dusted/tightened everything. I think I need to stick some polyfill in the ported side of the bandpass subwoofers because there is a lot of air noise at higher volume through the weird "labyrinth" port thingus.[/QUOTE]

Too cool. You don't see stuff like that being used anymore. I always ended up with the cheapo $50 fleamarket stereos with like 10 watts and analog everything. Guess it's hard for a 12 year old to complain about his free ghetto blaster.

kspek 12-18-2009 03:40 PM

[IMG]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL651/3657621/22801292/379796287.jpg[/IMG]

Gibz 12-19-2009 06:33 AM

Trying out the iPod touch. Bought two 32g ones tonight and it's pretty cool. Have to get used to the keyboard lol type way slower now and make hella errors lol

brucelee 12-19-2009 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=Gibz;2777662]Trying out the iPod touch. Bought two 32g ones tonight and it's pretty cool. Have to get used to the keyboard lol type way slower now and make hella errors lol[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're a friggin BALLER. Every time I see you post you're like "Yeah, I just bough 11 wii's with 57 games.." :lol:

The i-touch was interesting for me at first and now I dont use it at all. I have the first gen and I only used it for wifi. :(

Gibz 12-19-2009 08:11 AM

rofl i bought 1 wii and 11 games lol a couple months ago i got a ps3 but only 1 game for it. The ipod touch i got one for bryan and i for xmas and his bday lol not baller haha. I just never bought the gadgets in the past so i am late to the game haha.

[quote=brucelee;2777673]Dude, you're a friggin BALLER. Every time I see you post you're like "Yeah, I just bough 11 wii's with 57 games.." :lol:

The i-touch was interesting for me at first and now I dont use it at all. I have the first gen and I only used it for wifi. :([/quote]

brucelee 12-19-2009 09:39 AM

[QUOTE=kspek;2777419][IMG]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL651/3657621/22801292/379796287.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Whoa dude, I know you didn't buy all of that at once because you can't buy more then 1 pistol every 30 days (which is the dumbest law ever)... Which one is new? What pistols are those? From left to right, looks like a Glock 17, an XD-9, and a glock with dual tone of some sort? Hard to tell from that pic...

What are the specs on your AR's? Are those the bastardized CA versions, or are they preban?

East Bay STI 12-19-2009 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=brucelee;2777302]VERY NICE!!! Love the underfolder action... Same as I used in Bosnia (AK-47S)! :D[/QUOTE]

You mean sidefolder? Lol I am going to Chabot today to test it out finally!

-Gio

brucelee 12-19-2009 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=East Bay STI;2777697]You mean sidefolder? Lol I am going to Chabot today to test it out finally!

-Gio[/QUOTE]

Whoops, I totally meant to say side folder, not under folder... I didn't even realize my mistake until you just said something... lol

kspek 12-19-2009 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=brucelee;2777696]Whoa dude, I know you didn't buy all of that at once because you can't buy more then 1 pistol every 30 days (which is the dumbest law ever)... Which one is new? What pistols are those? From left to right, looks like a Glock 17, an XD-9, and a glock with dual tone of some sort? Hard to tell from that pic...

What are the specs on your AR's? Are those the bastardized CA versions, or are they preban?[/QUOTE]

PPT i could have bought it all, 1 smith and wesson 40 and the other 2 are xd40's. sorry camera phone pictures haha.

all 223/556 cali 10 round no funners.

stupidchicken03 12-19-2009 02:52 PM

damn

kspek 12-21-2009 11:57 AM

Draco will be here in a few days! then the 10 day dros. woot!