Official: SF Giants 2016 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:29 PM

This loss was 100% on Bochy. Should've never had Romo in the game to face a switch hitter/left handed hitter. And what did Bochy do? Brings in Romo to face a switch hitter in Zobrist. Should've just stuck with Law. I knew this game was going to be tied once Romo entered. Unbelievable...And for Bochy's tendencies, he goes with lefty/righty matchups. He completely abandons that with Romo in facing a switch hitter, then does it again with Will Smith facing a RH hitter.

And to top it all off, why take out Matt Moore in the first place? All the media guys are asking that question. Moore, for the most part, was dealin (except that one inning where he couldn't throw a fastball for a strike). 2 hits only, 10Ks. 120 pitches, but this is a do or die situation. Maybe should've left him in there...

Bullpen stinks. Unbelievable.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:42 PM

And one other thing: it's clear Samardijza should be 4th option. I think Moore's earned the 3rd spot in the starting rotation.

Samardijza's way too unpredictable. You never know what you're going to get with him. You could get 7 innings of solid pitching, then 2 innings of 5 earned runs the next.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
That was really rough.. **** man. My fb status last night: cantEVEN
Old 10-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Ugh.......my friends and I were all wondering why Moore came out as well.

Looking at the Free Agents for next year, the Giants will have a few million to spend. And Matt Cain needs to go.......paying him hella money for nothing......
Old 10-12-2016, 04:29 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by The Law
Ugh.......my friends and I were all wondering why Moore came out as well.

Looking at the Free Agents for next year, the Giants will have a few million to spend. And Matt Cain needs to go.......paying him hella money for nothing......
Ran thru this and there's only one spot open in the rotation. Prolly between ty Blach and Cain. Personally I'd give he 5th spot to Blach and then have Cain in he pen as a long man. And if Blach fails, move Cain back in to the rotation.

I matter what I hope we overhaul the pen. Some keepers that are youngsters but I have a feeling we won't see Lopez, Romo, or Casilla back next year. Guess they'll allocate those funds toward the closer. Like Will Smith, Law, Gearrin, and hopefully Osich as setup men.

Last edited by CHESTON; 10-15-2016 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Cuetos opt out is at two year mark
Old 10-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Give Me All the Miatas

Car Info: 2001 Miata
The issue with Blach from what I've read is he doesn't have swing and miss stuff he's more of a contact pitcher. Even though he was lights out in the PCL and in that game against the Dodgers most wonder about his long-term potential because most contact pitchers don't last too long once scouting reports get them figured out. I wasn't super thrilled with the way Smith pitched when I saw him in some games.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chris GTO TT
The issue with Blach from what I've read is he doesn't have swing and miss stuff he's more of a contact pitcher. Even though he was lights out in the PCL and in that game against the Dodgers most wonder about his long-term potential because most contact pitchers don't last too long once scouting reports get them figured out. I wasn't super thrilled with the way Smith pitched when I saw him in some games.
True, surviving in the Big Leagues is about adjusting time and again. IF you have excellent control and consistent "+" stuff, then you can survive. Woody did pretty good in a Giants uni, and of course the master of junk Greg Maddux did well pitching to contact. Okay, it's a stretch, but it all depends on how he responds to hitters adjusting to him. Exhibit A: Chris Heston.

still...waiting for the Hot Stove to get a-burnin'!
Old 10-14-2016, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
CLOSER

-Brian
Old 10-15-2016, 06:27 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Eh, bullpen been giving up stuff and that isnt new. Need new people. That game also had Crawford throw his 2nd ball trying to turn a DP into the dugout. Belt catches that at least it would have kept Will Smith in the game @ 5-4, 1st and 1 out. So many plays left out there. Moore is a keeper. Him with Bum and Cuetto looks great.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by CHESTON
Exhibit A: Chris Heston.
C Heston = CHESTON?

Chris, is this you? Who knew we had a pro baller player on i-club? LOL
Old 10-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Old 10-17-2016, 10:09 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Sigma: I thought the same when I saw Reggie's nickname invoked as one for MadBum.

And I'm actually a bit surprised you put his pic up considering Reggie's impact during the Yankees-Dodgers World Series showdowns in the late 70s and early 80s.

Though I was just a li'l tyke at the time, I clearly remember thinking Reggie was a "big cheater" (kid talk) for this...
yeah, only one Mr. October. You cant just recycle a name. Eh, we had that rivalry since the beginning of the teams. Yeah, if it was my team I would say its a hard and smart baseball play lol.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by boardoholic
C Heston = CHESTON?

Chris, is this you? Who knew we had a pro baller player on i-club? LOL
It'd be nice if I had that contract paying me!

Also, I need to get a jersey that say C HESTON on the back and I'd be so set at the ballpark. Hell I threw a no hitter didn't I?!?? Buy me a beer!

Dammit no space in the rotation for me right now. Bide my time unless a long man is needed. Is Peavy under contract for '17 or no? Youth wave is coming I think...
Old 10-17-2016, 10:11 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If the Giants get by them they'll win the WS.
I agree, NL will win the WS. The curse of the goat means, Dodgers win the WS
Old 10-17-2016, 10:15 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by CHESTON
Damn.

Bet lotsa changes coming to the bullpen this offseason. Hope we can find a nice closer.
DONT LOOK AT OUR JANSEN!!!! he is up for free agency this off season.

Quick Reply: Official: SF Giants 2016 Season Thread!