i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   --OFFICIAL-- BAM Helper Sign Up Sheet! Sign up if you want to help @ BAM 9 (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/official-bam-helper-sign-up-sheet-sign-up-if-you-want-help-%40-bam-9-a-203411/)

brucelee 05-02-2009 06:31 AM

--OFFICIAL-- BAM Helper Sign Up Sheet! Sign up if you want to help @ BAM 9

Hello kiddies,

Now that I've tested the waters about what we're going to do, I want to get a list of people who want to sign up to be helpers during the event. I, of course have different tasks for people to do, so I've listed them below. DO NO SIGN UP IF YOU ARE GOING TO FLAKE! I am relying on you guys to help your fellow subie members out.

People who help during for the major tasks will be rewarded with a VIP member title!

Here goes:

[b]A)----Parking lot attendants[/b] I need a couple (2-3) people to get to the meet before the caravans arrive. You and your buddy will direct parking or organize the cars by make, so the GC's all in one are, pig nose in the other, etc. You will also be in charge of making sure that the vendor area is secured and no one but the vendors can enter. I will give you a sheet that shows how many cars each vendor gets to park in the VIP area.

[b]B)----Cooks[/b] This is by far the most important task of the whole event. Since we're BBQing we're going to need quite a few people to man the grills. Each person will cool for a MAXIMUM of 1 hour, I want the cooks to switch to the next person in like as soon as they feel even the slightest fatigue. Your duty is GREATLY appreciated! I've been there and manned that grill for a good 4 hours one year and it was tough! Others have done it even longer then I have! :eek: We need you guys! I think 8 cooks will be perfect!
1. [b]455h013[/b]
2. [b]Arcenik[/b] = w000t
3. [b]Roo[/b]

[b]C)----Events[/b] I need folks to bring some items that can be used for entertainment at the event. Anywhere from a football, soccer ball, to a whole volley ball net/ball. You're not limited to those items, be creative and bring ANYTHING that you think people may enjoy... Water Balloons? Super soakers? Krinkov (Jeremy) has been appointed as the event coordinator, he has some tricks up his sleeve and is going to bring some cool items, so if you need to ask anyone about something you want done at the event, please ask Krinkov! If you agree to bring a football (or whatever), your name will be placed below with the item you signed up for next to your name. That means you are officially signed up to bring that said item! Don't sign up unless you are serious!
1. [b]Gibz[/b] = Horse shoes
2. [b]FASTCHR[/b] = "something fun"
3. [b]I<3subie[/b] = not specified

[b]D)----Setup/Unloading[/b] I need a crew of people that can show up quite a bit early to help set things up (tents, sun shades) as well as unload two truck fulls of food and drinks. You need to show up an hour and a half before the first caravan arrives.
1. [b]Rescuer[/b]
2. [b]saqwarrior[/b]
3. [b]Roo[/b]

[b]E)----Ice monkeys[/b] As you all know, every year its hot as hell and we don't have refrigerators up there, which means that we need a ton of ice. I need some folks to sign up for "ice duty". That means that you can arrive at whatever time, could be early, could be on time, could even be late, and you need to bring $10 worth of ice, I will repay you on the spot for your troubles.
1. [b]Gibz[/b] = $15 worth of ice
2. [b]porTURBOer[/b] = $15 worth of ice
3. [b]NorCalSubie07[/b] = $10 worth of ice

[b]F)----Car Show Organizer[/b] I need the help of someone who can take charge of the 9th annual BAM car show. This car show is going to be the biggest yet, and its very important to people. Basically you're going to need to start some threads first starting with nominations, then a poll to narrow it down to half, and then another to narrow it down to 5 cars. Once we have the 5 cars we will do an BAM audience vote to see who wins the said car show, I think it will be more fair then having judges, and winner gets a prize. I will PM whomever chooses to step up to the plate and give you instructions on how to proceed. I'm allowing two spots just in case so we have a back up.
1. [b]I<3subie[/b] = Primary organizer for the car show
2. [b]A.V.E.[/b] = Secondary backup is needed because of the importance of this event!

[b]G)----Vote coordinator[/b]I need a couple people at least to do the voting work, basically what that means is that you will organize how people will vote for the car show. You will walk around with small pieces of paper and walk around and collect votes from as many people as possible. I figure 3 people would be enough to collect the votes in time and tally them after they are done collecting, and of course we will announce the winner of the event. I also want to announce how many votes each finalist got, so we'd need the numbers of every car.
1. [b]I<3subie[/b]
2. [b]AVE[/b]

[b]H)----Videographers[/b]I need a few people to take digital video footage of the event. I want to get as much footage as possible so that we can make a really kick ass video after! Anywhere to the cars in the parking lot, to people grilling, and of the girls voting for the cook off results! :D ;) If you're not familiar with video I will send you a PM with some basic tips for good shooting. I will need the footage after the meet is done (you can burn it or whatever and give me a disc)
1. [b]ldivinag[/b]

[b]I)----After party clean up[/b] Like the title says, we need a group of responsible people who are willing to stay after the festival and clean up what the slobs left. We pretty much destroy Mt Hamilton and its really embarrassing and a damn shame. Lets not be those people, and if we want to come back we need to keep it clean. The more the merrier.
1. [b]Ballz[/b]

I know this seems like a lot of work, but each job doesn't take long at all really, thats why I want more people to sign up, so we can ease the work load off others.

I know there are things I forgot, but thats the important stuff that will make this meet go much smoother! If you have a suggestion, please post it! :)

HOW TO SIGN UP: Just reply with what you want to sign up for, I will edit the thread and add your name, simple as that!

I want to thank each and every one of you for making this meet/festival such a success! I do this meet every year (minus last when I was getting married) because it makes you guys happy, and thats a reward in itself. I wouldn't do this for any other forum, i-club is much different and more close knit then any other group Ive seen. So here's to you, i-club! :D

Daniel

Rescuer 05-02-2009 07:06 AM

D. Setup/unloading

1. Rescuer

saqwarrior 05-02-2009 10:02 AM

+1 for setup/unloading.

455h013 05-02-2009 10:12 AM

Ill cook.

stupidchicken03 05-02-2009 11:04 AM

I would love to help out. But as of right now im not 100% sure ill be able to make it. Ill let you know if i can for sure help :)

ldivinag 05-02-2009 04:29 PM

no organizer for the female wet t/bikini contest?????

:(

brucelee 05-02-2009 04:50 PM

Thanks to those of you who signed up! It means a lot to me when people volunteer to help the BAIC community. It's folks like you who make this site great!

Come on guys and gals! Only 4 people signed up so far? That's pretty pathetic! These volunteers will dictate how this meet turns out, without help from you guys, this meet will suffer greatly as I don't have 45 arms and I can't be in two places at once.

As an incentive, for helping out, each person will receive a FREE raffle ticket for the annual raffle that takes place during the event. This year is going to be GREAT as we will have lots of cool prizes to win. So how's that sound?

[b][size=5]ONE FREE RAFFLE TICKET FOR EVERYONE THAT SIGNS UP AND HELPS AT THE MEET!!![/b][/size]

Gibz 05-02-2009 04:57 PM

For now you can add me to the list of bringing ice.. Since i have a tribeca i can haul some stuff up. Do we need to provide the coolers too?

Gibz 05-02-2009 05:00 PM

question about the water balloon part.. Are you going to be required to pick up all the broken balloon pieces? Most parks i have been to its been the rule so animals dont ingest them. If people are not willing to pick up the balloon pieces maybe balloons shouldn't be allowed. Just a thought.

as for the parking part.. I guess i have to park alone :laugh: as i am pretty sure i will be the only tribeca there haha.

Gibz 05-02-2009 05:02 PM

oh and for G) you said 3 people but only 1. 2. are in the list.

edit: For the games or activities what about horseshoes or lawn bowling? If people want to play horseshoes i can bring a set or two.

Ballz 05-02-2009 06:21 PM

What about a bike trials contest?!?

brucelee 05-02-2009 06:30 PM

^^^

I have two for setup and one for cook, which is 3.

For the water balloons, yes, everyone has to clean up their stuff at the end.

Horseshoes and lawn bowling sound GREAT! Bring them! :) Please :D

Also, the more coolers the better because we're going to have about 2,000 sodas/waters for people to drink. :eek: We're also going to have about 450lbs of raw meat! Just the meat! Now think about all the condiments, veggies, breads, beans, etc! hahah... It's gonna be fun hauling all that stuff up from Fremont... :lol: Its going to take at LEAST one truck and then maybe 5 or 6 subies full of stuff. This meet def isn't cheap, I can tell you that much! (Also, I always stay away from cheap food, I always get good quality costco raw meats like chicken breasts, boneless skinless thighs, tri tip, burgers, quality sausages, etc)

I<3subie 05-02-2009 06:49 PM

Add me to
C)----Events
F)----Car Show Organizer

porTURBOer 05-02-2009 07:37 PM

Hey Daniel, put my name up for being an ice monkey. If less than needed sign up, I can pick up more than $10 worth of ice day of.

LMK what else I can do to help like we talked about when I picked up your wheels.

saqwarrior 05-02-2009 09:53 PM

You didn't put "haulers" up as an option, but if you want to fill my car with stuff to haul up, I'm more than happy to help with that also.

Also, what about donations? I'd like to do my part towards paying my own way.