i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   The Official: All Things Phone Thread (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/official-all-things-phone-thread-238848/)

stupidchicken03 02-09-2012 04:06 PM

this is the list of bloatware that i froze to save some battery/memory

Amazon Kindle 2.0.5.103970165
Books 1.5.2
CarDock 1.0
Device Setup 1.0
Email 2.3.5
Email Accounts 0.9
Email Authenticator 2.3.5
FixedEmail Authenticator 2.3.5
Flickr Authenticator 2.3.5
Guided Tours 2.3.5
Help Center 2.3.5
Home screen tips 1.0
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence 2.3.5
InPocket 2.3.5
LastFM Authenticator 2.3.5
Linkedin Authenticator 2.3.5
Messaging 2.3.5
MOTOPRINT 2.0.0.93
MotoSignatureApp 1.0
My Music 2.3.5
News 2.3.5
Orkut Authenticator 2.3.5
Photobucket Authenticator 2.3.5
Picasa Authenticator 2.3.5
Skyrock Authenticator 2.3.5
Slacker 3.0.546
Social Location 6.01
Social Messaging 2.3.5
Social Messaging Service 2.3.5
Social Networking 2.3.5
Social Sharing 2.3.5
Social Status 2.3.5
Twitter Authenticator 2.3.5
Universal Inbox 2.3.5
Universal Inbox 2.3.5
V CAST Tones 4.5.13
Verizon Location Agent 2.0.0.82
Verizon Video 6.1.34
Video Editor Lite 3.2.0.5
VideoSurf 2.0.0
VZ Navigator 7.2.0.421
Work Contacts 2.3.5

Had some others frozen (yahoo stuff) but it was force closing my contacts. So i unfroze them all and will have to narrow down what one causes the issue.

EDIT:
removed an app from the list due to causing SMS issues. :)

EDIT2: Unfroze a few more. Got home last night and my HDMI mirroring to my tv wasnt working. After some reading and process of elimination, got it working again :)
(list updated)

burnyou2 02-10-2012 11:55 AM

Ok folks! Pick me a new phone! I'm with at&t, not the best I know but I have unlimited data and don't want to change to verizon and lose that. I've had the iPhone 3gs for some time now (2 years) and it's dying. The battery is shot, and it drops apps and calls midway a lot lately. I would like a ton of memory, if possible. So, my questions are: Other than iphone, what else is out there? Do non apple phones work with iTunes? I have roughly 50GB of music so the more I can fit on it the better.

C/n: I need a new smart phone. Has to be with at&t. Whats good?!

dresk 02-10-2012 12:30 PM

You guys see this? Although it's T-Mobile, it's not a bad price.

[url=http://deals.t-mobile.com/vday-free-phones]Valentine's Day Sale[/url]

stupidchicken03 02-10-2012 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=burnyou2;3202970]Ok folks! Pick me a new phone! I'm with at&t, not the best I know but I have unlimited data and don't want to change to verizon and lose that. I've had the iPhone 3gs for some time now (2 years) and it's dying. The battery is shot, and it drops apps and calls midway a lot lately. I would like a ton of memory, if possible. So, my questions are: Other than iphone, what else is out there? Do non apple phones work with iTunes? I have roughly 50GB of music so the more I can fit on it the better.

C/n: I need a new smart phone. Has to be with at&t. Whats good?![/QUOTE]
If you get an android phone, you can install Google Music on your computer and phone. Its a clowd service. Upload your first 20,000 songs for free to the cloud. Then you can open your Gmusic app on your phone and its esentially your ipod without taking up memory on your phone.

There are a few 3rd party apps ive heard about for the iphones for Gmusic, bu they are not consistent at woking.
[QUOTE=dresk;3202995]You guys see this? Although it's T-Mobile, it's not a bad price.

[url=http://deals.t-mobile.com/vday-free-phones]Valentine's Day Sale[/url][/QUOTE]

Starting today at Vz:
Droid 4 is released
double your data is back (pay for 2GB of data and get 4)
Droid Razr are buy 1 get 1 free

stupidchicken03 02-10-2012 08:57 PM

So as we all know.. last billing cycle i used over 100GB of data.

Today i went in and dropped off my parents plan, my wife dropped Sprint and we started our own plan. I made sure that my unlim data was staying with me.

So everything was taken care of and while we were setting up my wifes new phone, she picked up the Droid 4, the rep who was helping us said he had to take care of something urgent on our plan. Ummm ok...

So after the phone was done i walk over to him and ask whats up. He said the unlim data didnt stick annnnnnnnnnnnd ive got an overage charge from data.

The

Biggest

Overage

Charge

He's

Ever

Seen.

It was just over $52,000 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I didnt believe him so he turned the screen and showed me. I BEGGED if I could take a pic but his manager was right next to him and he said no :(

But in the end it was taken care of and ive still got my unlim data :lol:

rau 02-10-2012 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=stupidchicken03;3200757]Droid 4 is supposed to be released either Thurs or Fri :)

My wifes gunna pick that up.

Not fair tho because its only going to be $199 and i paid $299 for the Razr :lol:[/QUOTE]

$99 on Amazon new/ $149 upgrade

stupidchicken03 02-10-2012 11:44 PM

yea i got it for $149 with my discount. Phone, case, car charger for like $214 or something like that

rau 02-11-2012 10:25 AM

ATT doubles their upgrade fee in 24 hours. Better use your upgrade now.

stupidchicken03 02-11-2012 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=rau;3203381]ATT doubles their upgrade fee in 24 hours. Better use your upgrade now.[/QUOTE]

wtf are they doing over there :crazy:

Steven@Coach 02-11-2012 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=burnyou2;3202970]Ok folks! Pick me a new phone! I'm with at&t, not the best I know but I have unlimited data and don't want to change to verizon and lose that. I've had the iPhone 3gs for some time now (2 years) and it's dying. The battery is shot, and it drops apps and calls midway a lot lately. I would like a ton of memory, if possible. So, my questions are: Other than iphone, what else is out there? Do non apple phones work with iTunes? I have roughly 50GB of music so the more I can fit on it the better.

C/n: I need a new smart phone. Has to be with at&t. Whats good?![/QUOTE]

If you're going Android check out the Note, HUGE screen, LTE, and should be getting ICS soon. As far as storage size, I really don't pay attention to that, I have all my music up on Google music and stream it to whatever device I am using.

rau 02-11-2012 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=Steven@Coach;3203401]If you're going Android check out the Note, HUGE screen, LTE, and[B]overseas models[/B] should be getting ICS soon.[/QUOTE]

The US will have to wait a while. Plus it's still going to be Touchwiz-raped. So it will look like the current GS2 regardless

dresk 02-11-2012 11:57 PM

Went in to T-mobile to see how their "free phone" deal was working but it's nothing that exciting. They ended up bumping up the prices of their phones, requiring that you pay for them and then get a mail in rebate. You still have to pay $20/mo for the "deal" for 20 months so really, you're still paying the normal price for the phone.

Should have seen that coming.

stupidchicken03 02-12-2012 12:30 AM

wow what fail

blade369 02-12-2012 02:25 AM

What do you guys think of the new nokia windows phone coming out for att? I'm thinking about trying it out when it is released. I currently have my atrix and i think it is awesome. Just the bonus for the fingerprint scanner. ^^

stupidchicken03 02-12-2012 09:39 AM

My brother in law had one of the recent windows phones. He basically got it just so he could log into his XBL account and do little things.

I personally didnt really like the feel and layout of the phone. Functions and controls were kinda weird, but thats just me. I dont really stay current on Win phones and I have no idea if they have done any type of overhaul lately.