i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   The Official: All Things Phone Thread (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/official-all-things-phone-thread-238848/)

03_Impreza_Al 02-03-2012 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3199584]Dude, buy a laptop.. my god[/QUOTE]

yes.

stupidchicken03 02-03-2012 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3199584]Dude, buy a laptop.. my god[/QUOTE]

Ive got one.. But why have to lug it around in a backpack or case when I have my phone in my pocket... :lol:

stupidchicken03 02-06-2012 04:20 PM

Droid 4 is supposed to be released either Thurs or Fri :)

My wifes gunna pick that up.

Not fair tho because its only going to be $199 and i paid $299 for the Razr :lol:

Imprezard 02-06-2012 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I gotta say ATT 4G LTE data speeds on my GS2 Skyrocket are pretty fast. And this was only with two bars!
[ATTACH]115591[/ATTACH]

FXTbrah 02-06-2012 05:20 PM

Is there an app that automatically switches your data off and turns on wifi when in range? Hate having to do that everytime Im at my house/gfs house.

This is for an Android phone btw.

stupidchicken03 02-06-2012 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=wrxBRAH;3200815]Is there an app that automatically switches your data off and turns on wifi when in range? Hate having to do that everytime Im at my house/gfs house.

This is for an Android phone btw.[/QUOTE]

Moto phones are now coming with a stock function called "smart actions" and I LOVE it!

It does exactly what you're looking for.

There are "triggers" and every "trigger" sets off "actions"

a few of my faves are
Triggers: Phone screen off, phones has no movement
Actions: Turn off background data, turn off sync
saves a ton of battery

trigger: bluetooth recognizes my car stereo
Actions: Starts GPS, turns call volume down, starts pandora

examples
[youtube]omZzc3_0xJ8[/youtube]

Steven@Coach 02-06-2012 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=stupidchicken03;3200953]Moto phones are now coming with a stock function called "smart actions" and I LOVE it!

It does exactly what you're looking for.

There are "triggers" and every "trigger" sets off "actions"

a few of my faves are
Triggers: Phone screen off, phones has no movement
Actions: Turn off background data, turn off sync
saves a ton of battery

trigger: bluetooth recognizes my car stereo
Actions: Starts GPS, turns call volume down, starts pandora

examples
[youtube]omZzc3_0xJ8[/youtube][/QUOTE]

Sounds just like the app tasker,which is an awesome app.

stupidchicken03 02-07-2012 07:36 AM

[QUOTE=Steven@Coach;3200990]Sounds just like the app tasker,which is an awesome app.[/QUOTE]

Read thru the description and it sounds pretty damn similar. Only downside is that its $6.49 but on the upside, its saying it should work on most/all phones, unlike the smart actions that are just Moto phones.

and if you can find a leaked .apk well then its free :lol:

stupidchicken03 02-08-2012 04:09 PM

Trying to decide if i want to run

Safestrap
Bootstrap
or
ClockWorkRecovery

soo much reading

FXTbrah 02-08-2012 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=stupidchicken03;3201121]Read thru the description and it sounds pretty damn similar. Only downside is that its $6.49 but on the upside, its saying it should work on most/all phones, unlike the smart actions that are just Moto phones.

and if you can find a leaked .apk well then its free :lol:[/QUOTE]

Intredasting! I dont mind spending money on good apps but will that one allow me to do what Im looking for?

Jodice112 02-08-2012 05:14 PM

So can you root any android phone? Say if I had the Galaxy Note with ICS would I be able to root it right away?

stupidchicken03 02-08-2012 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=wrxBRAH;3202046]Intredasting! I dont mind spending money on good apps but will that one allow me to do what Im looking for?[/QUOTE]
From the description it sounds like what you're looking for
[QUOTE=Jodice112;3202050]So can you root any android phone? Say if I had the Galaxy Note with ICS would I be able to root it right away?[/QUOTE]

You can root any android.. it just depends on how much development follows certain phones. With my old Droid Pro, not a lot of ppl got it and thus there was far fewer ppl working to mod/hack it.

So depending on the phone and the OS version its on, will kinda determine what alls out there for "aftermarket support".

As far as the note, it hasnt been released stateside. So idk if theres root for it or not yet. There are Euro Notes out there and maybe some developers have taken those to get a start on US phones.

Whenever Im going to try something new on my phone, I search google and phone forums (especially XDA) for hours reading and rereading threads/how tos looking for what I want. Ive softbricked my phone before and there is normally a way back... but it requires more reading and searching, so why not just do it right the first time :)

stupidchicken03 02-09-2012 03:17 PM

I went with Bootstrap and Ive created a back up.

I also installed MyBackUpPro which will do a lot of the same, but it will also give you the option to freez/unfreez bloat ware. Does more than TitaniumBackup AND its a cheaper app (only the 2nd app ive ever paid for :lol:).

And for whatever reason, if either of those methods fail/dont work.. I can always use RSDlight and manually push a stock image to the phone with a fastboot file :)

rupees88 02-09-2012 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=stupidchicken03;3202023]Trying to decide if i want to run

Safestrap
Bootstrap
or
ClockWorkRecovery

soo much reading[/QUOTE]

I've heard most people going with CWR. I also went with it and it is pretty straight forward. Let me know how Bootstrap goes for you though.

stupidchicken03 02-09-2012 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=rupees88;3202514]I've heard most people going with CWR. I also went with it and it is pretty straight forward. Let me know how Bootstrap goes for you though.[/QUOTE]

Its just about the same thing.

BS and SS are just different methods of deploying CWR from what ive gotten out of it.

Come out tonight and ill show ya :)