Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
trolol?
Old 02-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
trolol?
nah forreal tho I should really try to get rid of that thing.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:34 AM

Car Info: 2015 FXT
Haha I still have my AT&T Galaxy S3... Im due for an upgrade just not sure what I want. Definitely not the iPhone 6 only because I have one for work, so either the Note 4 or see if I can hold out for the GS6.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by rupees88
nah forreal tho I should really try to get rid of that thing.
I know you are, but I thought the Nexus was only GSM?

So sigma has ATT or similar, not VZ
Old 02-04-2015, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
I know you are, but I thought the Nexus was only GSM?

So sigma has ATT or similar, not VZ
shhh don't tell him what he doesn't know
Old 02-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Churro Aficionado

Old 02-04-2015, 10:04 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
I have Tmob. I couldnt afford Verizon anymore
Old 02-09-2015, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I am still using my iPhone6. For me, it's just fine because I don't really do much with my phone and it always has to work (on call and stuff). My Nokia Lumia 1020 came back to life after I fully reset it and it did a bunch of updates. The camera started working again and since I liked it so much, I decided to try it again. I just carried it with me and used it on WiFi for anything I would normally use my iPhone for (camera, checking apps, etc). It was pretty glitchy and then the last straw was when I came into a room and saw two friends and tried to take their picture and it just flat would not do it. So, I guess I am going to stick with the iPhone. I have to admit I miss the camera on the Lumia - mostly indoors and low light situations - and I did like the way I could customize the desktop. The iPhone is just a grid of apps.

I came in here to ask about the Galaxy S models though. My pops has a Galaxy S3 and he really likes it, but it just did this weird thing where the screen does not come on any more but the phone works. He was asking me if he should upgrade to a later model but I guess he read some bad stuff about the S4 and did not know much about the S5. He really likes his S3. Seems like he should just find a used S3 right? Let me know if there is anything way better about the new models if someone can chime in.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I am still using my iPhone6. For me, it's just fine because I don't really do much with my phone and it always has to work (on call and stuff). My Nokia Lumia 1020 came back to life after I fully reset it and it did a bunch of updates. The camera started working again and since I liked it so much, I decided to try it again. I just carried it with me and used it on WiFi for anything I would normally use my iPhone for (camera, checking apps, etc). It was pretty glitchy and then the last straw was when I came into a room and saw two friends and tried to take their picture and it just flat would not do it. So, I guess I am going to stick with the iPhone. I have to admit I miss the camera on the Lumia - mostly indoors and low light situations - and I did like the way I could customize the desktop. The iPhone is just a grid of apps.

I came in here to ask about the Galaxy S models though. My pops has a Galaxy S3 and he really likes it, but it just did this weird thing where the screen does not come on any more but the phone works. He was asking me if he should upgrade to a later model but I guess he read some bad stuff about the S4 and did not know much about the S5. He really likes his S3. Seems like he should just find a used S3 right? Let me know if there is anything way better about the new models if someone can chime in.
The S4 was a 'refinement' of the S3, while the S5 was selling mostly on the name alone. It's definitely one of the more popular flagship Android phones out there, however I'd probably look at the Note line, or the LG G3 before I picked up an S5.

The S6 is rumored to be a complete refresh/redesign so we'll see what happens when that comes out.

People also are pretty happy with the Moto X and the Nexus 6, which is basically a bigger screened Moto X
Old 02-10-2015, 07:44 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6

The S4 was a 'refinement' of the S3, while the S5 was selling mostly on the name alone. It's definitely one of the more popular flagship Android phones out there, however I'd probably look at the Note line, or the LG G3 before I picked up an S5.

The S6 is rumored to be a complete refresh/redesign so we'll see what happens when that comes out.

People also are pretty happy with the Moto X and the Nexus 6, which is basically a bigger screened Moto X
Got the wife a G3. Its dope.

I'm still on my Nexus5. Still works great.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Churro Aficionado

Still on my note 3 and been totally happy with it.

There is a bad *** phone coming out soon and if it's everything they say it is.... Awesome. I'll link it once I'm back in the office.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

Yeah I have been very happy with my Nexus5 as well. First phone I haven't flashed a rom on or changed too much other than rooting it.

I really hope Google refreshes the N5 this year because I'd like to stay under the 5' screen size.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:51 AM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza L
My Note 3 is still doing the job for me currently, been looking at new stuff but really haven't found anything that stands out from the current offerings!
Old 02-10-2015, 09:10 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

I had mine down to the bare frame last night. N5 is back up and running.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:11 AM
9 to 5 mod

Yeah I have been very happy with my Nexus5 as well. First phone I haven't flashed a rom on or changed too much other than rooting it.

I really hope Google refreshes the N5 this year because I'd like to stay under the 5' screen size.
I went to a Oneplus One. The N5 is the perfect size. I dont think phones should be any bigger than that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official: All Things Phone Thread