Official: 2013 BAIC Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:44 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Seriously. Last week I didn't even realize it was sunday until night time at some point. LOL! This week... same thing. Just too damned busy. I spent about 3 minutes making sure my roster was full and that's the last time I looked at it... maybe thursday?

Detroit has been playing decoy with Bush and lying about his injuries for weeks now. Loosing Aaron Rodgers derailed all my teams. Got tired of filling holes going from number 1 and 2 guys at positions to number 15 guys. I don't even know if I won any of my games this week.

FXT... nice win man. Glad you got your $20 back. My team sure as **** didn't deserve it.

Who won the championship? Gagan you pull it off?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
GG Gagan. I had an awful week with injuries finally catching up to me overall. I don't think Ill win one of the 4 championships I was in but I more than doubled my money and had a 70%+ winning percentage amoung all my leagues so it was a pretty successful year.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ruehl
GG Gagan. I had an awful week with injuries finally catching up to me overall. I don't think Ill win one of the 4 championships I was in but I more than doubled my money and had a 70%+ winning percentage amoung all my leagues so it was a pretty successful year.
Well done.

Yeah I just checked my leagues. LOL! Terrible season for me this year. The Aaron Rodgers injury killed me because I was running him on all 3 teams. Funny thing... I went with him because he doesn't miss games. LOL! I knew he wouldn't be the number 1 QB this year but I figured he'd be consistent and I could build my team around that. So wrong.

8-6. Finished in 5th place. Number 1 scorer this week. LOL!. Pretty average team. This one got auto drafted for me and I ended up with a bunch of guys I didn't want. Then got blasted with injuries. Ended up with a hacked together team of. Funny thing is... I traded Romo and another guy to get Rodgers. Then I traded a couple other guys to get Romo back after Rodgers went down. Spent the whole season finding one game guys. Like this week... I picked up and started Cordelle Patterson. Also ran Charles Clay and Rainey. Flip flopped defenses all season. Weird one. Last week I was the number 2 scorer, this week number 1. Had I not played the number 1 scorer last week... well... different finish. LOL!

6-8 in 5th place in our league. The Rodgers loss KILLED my team as QBs were all sitting on rosters. Only one person would trade and we had a couple in active teams. Toss that in with the lying detroit tigers and Andre Johnson tanking it the last 2 weeks... bad timing. I propose a couple changes to our league next year.

1. Flex spot... RB/WR/TE.
2. If someone stops managing their team we give Gagan the green light to fill that persons roster on game day going with the highest projections. Either that or we gut their team and they run with junk players the rest of the year and it's free wins for everyone and those quality players sitting on their bench go to the waivers.
3. I'd like to do a live draft. Not like we sit there and draft on a board. But that everyone logs in and sits around on their phones and computers and drinks beer and yells at each other. Those that can't make it can still draft online like normal. Mainly... that'll make me actually make the draft. I think I had what... half a draft this year and last year. LOL!
4. kill kenny.

Congrats Gagan. You done good.

9-6. Champion.... unless Tony Gonzalez gets like 15 catches. 180 yards and 4 TDs. This one... this one I'm kind of proud of. It's a 6 player fun league but my buddy that I've played with for YEARS is in it and he's a tough guy to beat. Very high scoring and very equal teams. That team... I got HAMMERED by injuries and was able to pull it together down the stretch and make good moves to win.

Injuries...
Rodgers
Cobb
Jones
Shorts
Williams
Blackmon

Lost a few other guys for a few games here and there but those are just guys I lost to IR or might as well have been IR. That's just off the top of my head. I think I had a few others. This team I actually drafted so that's good.

I just couldn't keep WR's on the damned field and my QB situation was a nightmare.

I ran QB's 2 weeks in a row that got benched. Ended the year with Dalton and Cutler (Luck on the bench, 1 of 2 minor mistakes this week). I took a risk on Cutler because I was confident in my other match ups. That and I started Forte over Morris.

But hey... 1 championship out of 3. Not bad.

Our league it's a damned miracle I did as well as I did. Number 1 in points against. Number 2 in total points. Injured QB and I still had a shot at 3rd had I paid attention this week. I just kind of wrote it off when I lost my shot at the championship.

Next year should be fun. Hopefully we can weed out the inactives and replace them with active players.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Please don't kill me I enjoy living!
Old 12-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Thanks everyone!

It was a great year. Can't wait for next year.

This is how I finished out:
6 leagues. 5 playoff teams. 4 semi finals. Ended up with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. 4th, 6th and 14th in the rest.

I'll have $ sent to Kenny and Amar later today.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:12 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Just got back from my trip. Looks like I lucked out with a #3 spot.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Old School

Where did you go?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Just got back from my trip. Looks like I lucked out with a #3 spot.
Yeah... I noticed the last couple weeks it looked like you weren't doing all that much managing either. LOL!.

Congrats on the win. Looking forward to next year when I beat you all.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Where did you go?
Vegas and Ohio

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah... I noticed the last couple weeks it looked like you weren't doing all that much managing either. LOL!.

Congrats on the win. Looking forward to next year when I beat you all.
I wasn't as involved in the FA waivers this year. My team was pretty solid up until I lost Foster and then had a few weeks with key guys with concussions. Ofcourse that was the case with half the league. Lots of nasty team changing injuries this year. Lucked out on the Bell vs Bush matchup at the end.

I lost in my family league to my future brother inlaw by 1 freaking point. That one stung.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Yeah Bush and Rodgers made it really hard for me to win anything down the stretch.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Old School

I lost in my family league to my future brother inlaw by 1 freaking point. That one stung.
Older Brother-in-law or younger?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Older Brother-in-law or younger?
Younger, Older finished 4th and her dad finished 3rd.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Old School

Younger, Older finished 4th and her dad finished 3rd.
Man that's gotta burn...