Nov 17: TMR Sears Point Charity Auto-x - $75 for 40+ runs

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
hmmm
Old 10-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by wwrx
Yeah, seems to be tight if the upcoming event will be similar to this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i30gIPa65bQ
Ummmm.....
Old 10-22-2012, 02:51 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
i just signed up. see ya guys out there
Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 05 18g LGT Wagon | Former 08 LGT Spec.B
For those that are going (vaj/flat/etc), are you guys going with a group of friends already, or you wanna meet up there and park together?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:28 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI (sold), 2013 STI, 2014 BURRZ
How newb friendly is the auto x? I'd like to learn how to handle my car better, and this seems like a good way to do it. Should I just man up and sign up or is there a better way to ease myself in to the whole high perf driving thing?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:15 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by dozenutts
How newb friendly is the auto x? I'd like to learn how to handle my car better, and this seems like a good way to do it. Should I just man up and sign up or is there a better way to ease myself in to the whole high perf driving thing?
Try to get an experienced driver to ride along with you to help you, as well as ask people for rides. Other then that, get as much seat time as possible.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by dozenutts
Just come out!

I'll +1 to seat time being the best way to get into driving. I'm not gonna get into which is better, auto-X or HPDE, they are different skills and some are more comfortable with one over the other.

Auto-X is good because there's no walls, so the risk of big dmg to your car is low.
Cons is most other traditional Auto-x events don't give much seat time. That's why this event is good because you can get alot of runs to practice and learn.

Another good thing about going in a group, is you have a chance to ride along with others, and get others to ride with you. That way you can see the line others' take, and you can get someone to give you tips during your drive as well.

I don't think i'll be able to do both HPDE and autox anymore, the coordinator said the working sessions in the afternoon will conflict with the HPDE sessions. If anyone wants a ride on the road course, everyone is welcome.

Last edited by LGT Mark; 10-23-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:39 AM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Originally Posted by LGT Mark
For those that are going (vaj/flat/etc), are you guys going with a group of friends already, or you wanna meet up there and park together?
Im down to meet up and park. I may have a friend with me but no big group. Stoked to get some seat time on this track!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 2005 STI (sold), 2013 STI, 2014 BURRZ
I think i'm going to try the auto x, and would also be down to meet up with others that are going. Gonna see if I can talk my friend into tracking his audi avant s-line wagon.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by vaj
Im down to meet up and park. I may have a friend with me but no big group. Stoked to get some seat time on this track!
same I will be there with a couple of my friends, still trying to get Snoopy408 to sign up, so we can all meet up in an area or something
Old 10-29-2012, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 03 Sonic Yellow WRX Sport Wagon
My buddy that does the ESCA autocross events with me said he and his wife had a great time at the last one so we're both going to this one. It'll be the perfect way to wear out the crappy Nitto NT01s that came on the wheels I bought this past Summer. Hope to see you guys out there.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 1988 Carrera & 2013 Carrera S
Originally Posted by vaj
Also down to meet up, no group either.

Can anyone confirm when the event starts/ends? Says 8AM:5PM on racesonoma.com but that applies to almost everything posted in their schedule.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Calsoldier
Also down to meet up, no group either.

Can anyone confirm when the event starts/ends? Says 8AM:5PM on racesonoma.com but that applies to almost everything posted in their schedule.
+1. I havent seen any additional info. And Im guessing all I need to run is my helmet.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 PM

Here's what I got for the HPDE:

Other Critical Event Time Information:
Gates open by approximately 6:00am
Registration opens by 6:30 am
Track goes Hot at 8:30 am
Track goes Cold at 5:00 pm

Waivers - All drivers and passengers will have to sign and submit the attached event waiver. Please print it in advance and bring the waiver to registration the morning of the event. Please sign in the registration process as we have to initial it as a witness. All individuals planning to be in a car on the track or Autocross course must be 18 years of age or older, and must sign the TMR waiver(s).

Tech Inspection - This is a self tech event, so please print out the atteched Tech Inspection Summary and bring it to the event pre-filled out. This will speed your process through the registration line in the morning.

Car Numbers - All cars must have numbers on both sides of the vehicle. Blue Painters tape is fine.

Food Services - Coffee, Muffins, Fruit, and Juice will be provided in the morning. Lunch is available at your expense from the on-site cafe.

Event Rules - All event and run group rules will be covered in detail at the mandatory drivers meetings. Please make sure you're on-site early so you can attend this meeting. Advanced & Mixed Drivers should be in the Registration line by 7:30am.

Photography - Still photography by Dito Millan at Got Blue Milk

Event Schedule - Please note that with this event we will be running 25 minute sessions throughout the day. The net result of this is (4) dedicated run sessions for individual run groups plus (2) 25 minute sessions at the end of the day for whoever is still around after 4:10pm. One of these is for 'A' and 'M' Drivers, and another is for the Point By Passing Groups B/C.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 AM

Car Info: BMW X5M. No more twinscroll LGT
I'll be at the HPDE in my Type R....looks like it's going to be a wet day out there.

Quick Reply: Nov 17: TMR Sears Point Charity Auto-x - $75 for 40+ runs