New GoKart track in Santa Clara. "K1 Speed"

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 PM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by 0 4 P S M W R X
Small world. 04GG / NorCalPaintball- Do you know Paul V. and Dean S.? I definitely remember James... haha.
yes, I know all those guys but haven't spoken to them in years. Paul V? Bing? and his bro Mike? haha, yeah, I remember all those guys, great guys. I'd love to say hello.

Dean S is I believe the head mgr at Le Mans now, they took him when they left SpeedRing(the owners that is) . I heard he is married w/ kids now?! I believe some other guys now also work/manage Go Kart Racer as well.

I unfortunately don't get to drive much anymore though, but still have all my gear! I also go by the Dixon outdoor track also quite often as my team sometimes has scrimmages with a team called Ambush out in Davis right behind the track. That track looks pretty fun also.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 10-19-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by 0 4 P S M W R X
Small world. 04GG / NorCalPaintball- Do you know Paul V. and Dean S.? I definitely remember James... haha.
and James and Dean were in the safety video hahaha, hard to forget.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by NorCalPaintball
yes, I know all those guys but haven't spoken to them in years. Paul V? Bing? and his bro Mike? haha, yeah, I remember all those guys, great guys. I'd love to say hello.

Dean S is I believe the head mgr at Le Mans now, they took him when they left SpeedRing(the owners that is) . I heard he is married w/ kids now?! I believe some other guys now also work/manage Go Kart Racer as well.

I unfortunately don't get to drive much anymore though, but still have all my gear! I also go by the Dixon outdoor track also quite often as my team sometimes has scrimmages with a team called Ambush out in Davis right behind the track. That track looks pretty fun also.
Dean is no longer with Lemans Karting. I am not 100% sure, but I think he might be working at K1 now.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:04 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Yeah, Paul D was the one I worked with and I saw him about 2 weeks ago. James...haha always a character.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by cyyeo
Dean is no longer with Lemans Karting. I am not 100% sure, but I think he might be working at K1 now.
well, I'm going to have to go and stop by tonight then! (depending on how the WS is going)
Old 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
Yeah, Paul D was the one I worked with and I saw him about 2 weeks ago. James...haha always a character.
yes! Paul D was a good guy. I remember he had a Dodge Daytona v8 or something, thing was beastly. yeah, James was a great guy also, designed that track!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Car Info: '05 LGT Ltd.
We went to SpeedRing when I worked at Exodus, nice place. Shame that K1 doesn't use the same surface, it was really nice. Tempted to check it out anyways, since the location is awesome.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
https://www.clubspeedtiming.com/k1sa...rack=1&Days=30

Jansen were not top 10 anymore, must go back. lol
Old 10-19-2011, 04:16 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by NorCalPaintball
yes! Paul D was a good guy. I remember he had a Dodge Daytona v8 or something, thing was beastly. yeah, James was a great guy also, designed that track!
Yep. I forgot to ask him about that car when I saw him, it was a Daytona Turbo.

When I went to Le Mans last year, it was pretty much the same track as Speedring with a few slight variations.

My favorite thing was actually after hours when we ran the course backwards.... You had to learn it all over again!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz
https://www.clubspeedtiming.com/k1sa...rack=1&Days=30

Jansen were not top 10 anymore, must go back. lol
it should show what kart they were in... imo

cause there's just so many variables, some karts turn better left than others, some better rights, some just push on every turn, some have oversteer, some have better top end, some have a poop brake, etc.

it should also show how many laps they ran in total. Give me a kart for 3hrs, my times will get better, that's for sure.

let's go smash those times fellers!

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 10-19-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:53 PM

hahah, I think James designed that track too.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:57 PM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
I've been to the K1 in Irvine. It was the ****! So much fun!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:47 PM

Car Info: 07 black piggy STI, 1996 Integra LS
Down for a meet! Probably gonna check it out this weekend.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:24 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
i remember the red bull driver search at SpeedRing. didn't bother trying as i wasn't even close to fast enough.

btw, this isn't where SpeedRing was. SpeedRing was 2900 Mead and K1 is 2925, so basically across the street. i thought the electric karts are way too forgiving vs. the gas powered ones.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by JZ oo7
i remember the red bull driver search at SpeedRing. didn't bother trying as i wasn't even close to fast enough.

btw, this isn't where SpeedRing was. SpeedRing was 2900 Mead and K1 is 2925, so basically across the street. i thought the electric karts are way too forgiving vs. the gas powered ones.
yes, there was some good competition, I used to run those there.

yes, I went last night, it's across the street and down a bit, where the Coit used to be. The places that took over SpeedRing's spot are still there, the trampoline place and the exhibit place. Even our track surface is still there!

my review (I didn't drive though):
track - very wide, not too technical, concrete surface, barriers don't lift, pits are always closed during races

karts - electric, looked like some of them didn't like to turn either right/left, one that I saw, looked like it had a low front right. Any accident or spin-out (yellow condition), they slow everyone's karts. no neck braces, bring your own gloves, prob don't wear any helmet worth$, cause it can hit the bar behind you. Pretty wierd, my first experience w/ electric karts, I love the sound of motors roaring (imo) over electric. But... they almost sound like mini F1 which was sort of a novelty, and def agree that they look more forgiving (more bottom end power) the people I saw driving last night were running high 22's, and weren't even close to hitting apexes, like 3ft off of them. I think I saw one blue flag wave the entire time I was there, no black flags. the karts have a reverse as well, which was interesting.

venue - very nice, seems like they spent wayyy too much $ on this set-up, there also looked like there was more people working there than actually racing, which could be a problem financially. People were very friendly and professional.

looks like fun, we should def get a meet going there or something.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 10-20-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Quick Reply: New GoKart track in Santa Clara. "K1 Speed"