i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   My WRX Saved my life today (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/my-wrx-saved-my-life-today-145247/)

Arya 09-13-2006 05:00 PM

My WRX Saved my life today

Before i tell my story I just want to say that the WRX is a machine sent by god because if it wasnt for this cars handling/breaking I would be dead right now.

The story begins as im driving home from school which already sucks since there was a huge accident and it took about 3 times longer than usual. All is well until I get to the turn to go into my house. here is a diagram of what the road looked like before the event took place

<- My Turn
| | Lane A|Lane B|Shoulder|
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |

I am in Lane A about to change lanes to get into my lanes when ahead this woman in an SUV happens to ****ing realize that she passed her exit. So instead of making a U-Turn at the light like a normal person she breaks as hard as you can, shredding rubber and smoking a storm and turns to her left.

She hits the car to her left in the process. 2 Cars. Then the car 3 cars in front of me was a teenage girl talking on her cellphone who didnt even have her LICENCE (She had a permit AND was driving a friend) wasnt paying attention and nailed the rear end of the first idiot ladys car. The chrysler the permit girl was driving looked like this 0=====0. Now it looks like 0==0. Thank god she was OK.

So there is 3 cars and after that two more cars hit because one of the cars skidded out into lane B (All of this is taking place in Lane A/My turn lane). So there is now 5 cars in an accident and im the only one left. Because I actually [b]PAY ATTENTION[/b] unlike some of the people who could have easily avoided the accident, I summoned the powers of the allmighty subaru to save my ass.

Like a gift from the heavens my wrx sensed my need. I jerked the wheel to the right as hard as i could and then passed all of the other broken cars up ahead by 1CM. No exxagaration at ALL. i got to the shoulder of the road while breaking as hard as i could. The funny thing is while the tires screeched there was no smoke at all from the tires haha (Good ol Subaru). I came to a complete stop...well to be honest i stalled...but wouldn't anybody after a situation like that haha?

I ran out of my car to check if all of the people were all right and thankfully they were. Just 3 teenage girls crying on the phone to their parents about the fact that they crashed their brand new escalade and hummer (Except for the chrysler permit girl) a redneck guy and a soccer mom.

After that i started up my car and cut from the shoulder to my turning lane...by the time i got home i think i was sweating buckets and shaking...but in a way i felt proud of myself for avoiding the accident.

But MOST of all I am thankful for my WRX. If i was still driving my POS 94 Nissan Sentra, i dont think i would be alive today. God bless Subaru for making such an awesome car that saved normal [b]GOOD[/b] drivers like myself.

Sorry for the essay but I just wanted to let you guys know in our community that our cars ROCK and be thankful for having a great vehicle every time you drive

-Arya

ipozestu 09-13-2006 05:15 PM

glad to hear you made it out unscaved. I would chalk up this win to YOU and being attentive while you were driving. Not the car. Although the subaru is capable of amazing things. The best safety feature on a subaru is it's ability to avoid accidents all together. Your "oh -hit reaction" sounded spot on. Kudos, be safe. Oh, wanna go for a run on the twisties now?JK:D

Khooda 09-13-2006 05:16 PM

Good to know that you made it out of this one safely. And it's a good thing you were aware of your surroundings. Maybe you should join the Army? =P Just kidding.

illogical 09-13-2006 05:18 PM

My WRX has save me from the stupidity of others on 2 occasions. I love my car and forsee many Subaru purchases in my future. Glad you're safe :-)

flipmode 09-13-2006 05:57 PM

the subaru has saved me aswell, but not as bad as the one you had

you might need to reward your suby for saving your life.

pwn 09-13-2006 06:01 PM

I think an oil change as you aproach your 1000 miles mark should suffice :). Again, props for avoiding an accident, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! He lives just like a mile or two from me :P. Accidents and fires everywhere in my area today...

Arya 09-13-2006 06:52 PM

[QUOTE=flipmode]the subaru has saved me aswell, but not as bad as the one you had

you might need to reward your suby for saving your life.[/QUOTE]

Oil change it is for my baby =)

wimprezax06 09-13-2006 07:00 PM

like the comercial said "airbag saves life, subaru's AWD saves airbag =]"

VRT MBasile 09-13-2006 07:01 PM

Glad to hear you and your Suby survived. Actually I'm kind of glad to hear that this happened becaue now there are 3 more teenagers that might pay a little bit of attention next time. Luckily no one was hurt and its sad people who were paying attentin had their property damaged while the girs learned a lesson

specb 09-13-2006 07:14 PM

Suby did not save your life but this accident was not written in your destiny. Not even subie can change the destiny

VRT Gump 09-13-2006 07:17 PM

and now we can all complain because some stupid dumb bi***es were paying more attention to there oh so important phone calls and
1. almost ruined a Suby
2. got into an accident so other young people (under 30 for insurance) will have there rates slowly increase.

+1000 for you paying attention and not getting into an accident.

Seoul 09-13-2006 07:24 PM

ROFL @ " redneck guy and soccer mom" . good story though :>

yayitzian 09-13-2006 07:39 PM

hahah sounds like something out of final destination or something lol. crazy story

A.V.E. 09-13-2006 08:15 PM

i think your car only played a little role in this, i honestly think your attentativeness on the rd ahead of you played the major role. its always good to know how your car reacts in certain situations such as this.

glad you and the rest of the party came out of it unharmed.

-Ave

Arya 09-14-2006 04:57 PM

Thanks for the support guys. Great to be alive haha =P