Multiple Deaths in San Bernardino, Calif., Mass Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 02:05 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Angry Multiple Deaths in San Bernardino, Calif., Mass Shooting

First of all; my condolences to the victims and their families...

Multiple Deaths in San Bernardino, Calif., Mass Shooting - WSJ

Authorities were searching for up to three suspects on Wednesday after numerous people were wounded, at least some fatally, during a mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., law enforcement officials said.

“There were multiple casualties and confirmed fatalities,” San Bernardino Police Department Sgt. Vicki Cervantes told television station KCAL. Multiple people entered a conference room and began shooting, she said.
Second of all;

If only that state had strict protectionist gun control laws this would never...oh wait...
If only there were very strict background checks and mandatory waiting periods...oh wait
If only all assault weapons were banned...oh wait...
If only there were high capacity magazine restrictions...oh wait...
If only concealed and open carries were illegal to keep guns from public spaces...oh wait...
If only there was highly organized police force ready to respond and take down shooters without fail to protect citizens before anyone died...oh wait...

The shooting took place in a conference room of the Inland Regional Center, according to Marybeth Field, the president of the center’s board. The facility provides services to more than 30,000 developmentally disabled people and their families, according to its Facebook page.
So you have enough able bodied staff and personnel for a center of 30,000+ people and all are so pussified as to quietly huddle waiting to get shot instead of just overwhelming the 1-3 shooters and preventing further mass loss of life? What's the worst that will happen? You will get executed anyway?

“The president has been briefed by his Homeland Security Advisor Lisa Monaco about the shooting in San Bernardino and has asked to be updated on the situation as it develops,” a White House official said.
Hmm there must be a black kid in the mix that he can claim to be his potential son during an anti-gun rally talking about how these types of mass crimes don't happen in other 1st world civilized countries...Oh. ****. WAIT... Where was he then or when an 5x illegal immigrant used Pier 14 and a white chick as his personal shooting gallery?

They have been playing this NON-STOP at my work lunch and break spaces...where all of my coworkers keep gathering and talking about how this is unacceptable, why does anyone need "assault weapons" and why aren't they outright banned yet...

/RANT
Old 12-02-2015, 02:40 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
I understood they were saying long guns were used too. Uh, people tend to notice someone walking around with a long gun. You didn't "sneak" these things into a conference room.

sorry for those affected by yet another stupid firearm related incident. Firearms aren't the issue. Idiots who happen to have them are.

Last edited by 04GG; 12-02-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
Originally Posted by 04gg
i understood they were saying long guns were used too. Uh, people tend to notice someone walking around with a long gun. You didn't "sneak" these things into a conference room.

Sorry for those affected by yet another stupid firearm related incident. Firearms aren't the issue. Idiots who happen to them are.
i don't own a gun and really don't care or them, but i agree with you 100% guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
sorry for those affected by yet another stupid firearm related incident. Firearms aren't the issue. Idiots who happen to them are.
Yup. Agreed. Somehow this continues to escape people.

At one point I got annoyed and asked wouldn't blaming guns for killings be akin to blaming a computer for getting fired because a project was not done correctly?
Old 12-02-2015, 03:59 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Name:  spoons_zpsnrkn4z4f.jpeg
Views: 19
Size:  21.4 KB
Old 12-02-2015, 04:32 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
I'm starting the think the constant media coverage and glorification of this kind of crap is making it so much worse. Its just planting the idea into any feeble mind watching it and they say "oh ****... I can do that too".

I'm a huge supporter of free speech and press, but this seems to be an unintended artifact of that system.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
My cousins office is less thsn 10 miles frome there. She gets help for her son through that place. Snd her coworkers wife works there.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
I'm starting the think the constant media coverage and glorification of this kind of crap is making it so much worse. Its just planting the idea into any feeble mind watching it and they say "oh ****... I can do that too".

I'm a huge supporter of free speech and press, but this seems to be an unintended artifact of that system.
Agreed as well. Most popular/mainstream media is in the business of selling ads and making money not reporting facts. They sensationalize, shock value and bestow celebrity status whatever flavor of the month topic (which often just get cycled through). I always have WSJ and NPR running in my background and it funny to see what makes their front pages throughout the day versus CNN and Fox on our common area TVs.

The worst part is that many people have gotten complacent, eat it up and want more of it, which creates a death spiral. I feel like they subconsciously need some type of drama or purpose to live for, which is why they look to these programs (and reality shows) to provide it to them.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
My cousins office is less thsn 10 miles frome there. She gets help for her son through that place. Snd her coworkers wife works there.
Oi! I hope they are okay?!?! Talk about small world!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I am so glad my work doesn't care if I carry or not.

This **** is going to continue to happen tell someone gets their head out of their asses and understands an armed society is a polite society. Crime won't happen when a perp has no clue just how many free citizens are armed and ready to stop him/her.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:36 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Cuz bad guys get guns legally from the store... lol
Old 12-02-2015, 07:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Reports are showing 14 dead now. That's ridiculous. A ****ing place for the most needy in our populace to seek help and they attack it like that.

Anyone know who the hell did this yet?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
This really sounds like a professional hit that went sideways.
...but who orders a professional hit at a center for mentally challenged?

Side note - did anyone else know the LAPD was carrying Mini-14's ?

Old 12-02-2015, 08:07 PM
General Pimpin'

A recovered weapon? Or maybe the dudes a sniper and that's what he likes at closer range? Hell if I know.

It doesn't sound like a "normal" mass shooting where someone just goes nuts or is nuts... etc.

3 guys. Masks and gloves to hide identity. Vests. Get away. They clearly planned on getting away and more than likely hitting more than one place. I'm not saying it's Isis but it does sound like what went down in Paris. Where there were multiple teams and multiple targets.

I don't think it was some sort of "hit" but it was definitely planned. I guess 2 are dead after a chase.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning

Agree.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lowend
This really sounds like a professional hit that went sideways.
...but who orders a professional hit at a center for mentally challenged?
A) Does not sound very professional if it went this sideways
B) Criminals will always take path of least resistance regardless of reason. If firearms are so evil, why do all these shootings take place in gun free zones instead of gun ranges and police stations?

Last edited by LxJLthr; 12-03-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Multiple Deaths in San Bernardino, Calif., Mass Shooting