i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Looking for some help tearing down my WRX for part-out (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/looking-some-help-tearing-down-my-wrx-part-out-271119/)

Scoobyx 01-01-2019 05:30 PM

Looking for some help tearing down my WRX for part-out

Happy New Year everyone.

I am looking for an experienced wrench to help me part out my WRX.. It pains me to write this but I have not had any luck selling the car intact. I have an entire '05 STI drivetrain to swap in but after many years with the car it is no longer a priority, unfortunately. The car is not drivable currently so this would need to happen at my house in Santa Rosa. The interior is already stripped out so I am really looking for help taking the suspension and engine apart. Willing to pay a reasonable hourly rate or provide beer/food/. Here is a list of mods..Let me know! Thank you!

[b]2007 Subaru WRX Wagon [/b]
[b]Engine:[/b]
IAG Stage 3 plus Closed Deck 2.5L Block
Power Enterprise 800cc injectors
Aeromotive Fuel Rails
Radium Fuel Pressure Regulator
Radium Surge Tank w/ AEM Fuel Pump 320lph
Deatchwerks Fuel Pump 300lph in tank
Grimmspeed 3port EBCS
AEM Cold Air Intake
AMR 3” Turbo Inlet-
Blouch Dominator 2.5xtr 10cm 3” ceramic coated
PTP Turbo Blanket
Grimmspeed Up Pipe wrapped /Tial 44mm EWG
Tomei UEL Header heat wrapped
Grimmspeed Turbo Heat shield wrapped in gold foil
Process West Intercooler gold foil wrapped
TurboSmart Recirculating Bypass Valve
Grimmspeed P&P ceramic coated Intake Manifold
ZeroLift composite TGV deletes
Cobb Catless Turboback heat wrapped DP
Killer B Oil Pan, pickup and baffle
Greddy Oil Cooler w/ 175* Thermostat
Crawford AOS
Ron Davis Radiator with samco hoses
Grimmspeed Lightweight Crank Pulley
Grimmspeed Radiator Shroud
Grimmspeed Alternator Cover
Grimmspeed 160* Thermostat
Odyssey Light Battery with AMS Tie down
Grimmspeed Hood Dampers

[b]Brakes:[/b]Stoptech ST40 4 Piston 328mm Front
Subaru 2 pot Rear
Stoptech Slotted Rotors F/R
Carbotech Pads F/R xp10/8
Goodridge stainless lines
Grimmspeed master cylinder brace
STi Brake booster
STi Brake Master Cylinder
[b]Interior:[/b]
Cosworth Dash
Cobb shift knob
Sparco EVO II Seats
Sparco Steering Wheel
Custom half cage by TC Design
Custom Aluminum pedals
Rear Interior Stripped
Sound deadening removed
Stereo Delete

[b]Suspension/Drivetrain[/b]
Kartboy pitch stop
Vorschlag camber plates
Whiteline Sway bars 22/24mm
Whiteline Sway Links
Whiteline Heavy duty Sway mounts
Whiteline Tranny cross member bushings
Whiteline Steering rack bushings
TIC Fender cowl braces
Oswald Front bumper beam with tow hook
Oswald Rear bumper beam
Beatrush rear tow hook
Stock 5 speed drivetrain (broken)
AST 4100
TIC Lateral Link/Trailing arm bushings
5 speed Kartboy Short Shifter
Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit
Whiteline Roll Center/bump steer adjust kit
Whiteline Rear diff bushings
Whiteline Rear sub frame lockdown bolts
Whiteline Sub frame Outrigger Bushings
Cusco H Brace

[b]Wheels/Tires[/b]
OZ Allegerita 17x8 +45 5x100
Hankook Ventus c51 R 245/40/17
Muteki Lug Nuts
3/8mm hub spacers

BobatheSolo 01-01-2019 10:05 PM

[left]Heading down to SoCal on Thursday but I’d love to give you a hand when I get back if you still need it. Just moved to the area and I’d love something to do! Shoot me a message and we’ll figure something out. [/left]

sigma pi 01-02-2019 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=BobatheSolo;3664094][left]Heading down to SoCal on Thursday but I’d love to give you a hand when I get back if you still need it. Just moved to the area and I’d love something to do! Shoot me a message and we’ll figure something out.[/left][/QUOTE]
I am in So Cal and would like to do this but not going to Nor Cal. lol.

Scoobyx 01-02-2019 10:18 AM

[QUOTE=sigma pi;3664098]I am in So Cal and would like to do this but not going to Nor Cal. lol.[/QUOTE]

Well if you make it up North let me know!

[QUOTE=BobatheSolo;3664094][LEFT]Heading down to SoCal on Thursday but I’d love to give you a hand when I get back if you still need it. Just moved to the area and I’d love something to do! Shoot me a message and we’ll figure something out.[/LEFT]
[/QUOTE]

That works great Boba, Im not a tight schedule, would like to start plugging away when possible. I'll send you a PM to follow up. Have a great trip down South.

-Scooby

BobatheSolo 01-02-2019 02:10 PM

[left][QUOTE=Scoobyx;3664100]Well if you make it up North let me know!

That works great Boba, Im not a tight schedule, would like to start plugging away when possible. I'll send you a PM to follow up. Have a great trip down South.

-Scooby[/QUOTE]

Sounds good! I should be back on Sunday. I’m not working right now so I have time on both week and weekend days. Took a look at your parts list after I volunteered and I’m sure you’ll be making some money off of me too lol. [/left]

Scoobyx 01-03-2019 06:12 PM

[QUOTE=BobatheSolo;3664101][left]

Sounds good! I should be back on Sunday. I’m not working right now so I have time on both week and weekend days. Took a look at your parts list after I volunteered and I’m sure you’ll be making some money off of me too lol.[/left][/QUOTE]

Nice, sounds good! Just wait until you see how CLEAN everything is. All the parts look brand new.

Part out thread coming soon everyone.

BobatheSolo 01-09-2019 04:22 PM

So... lost my motor on the way home from LA. Probably won't be able to make it up to help for a bit.

Scoobyx 01-09-2019 04:30 PM

[QUOTE=BobatheSolo;3664149]So... lost my motor on the way home from LA. Probably won't be able to make it up to help for a bit.[/QUOTE]

Ah man sorry to hear it.

I do have a brand new IAG built closed deck longblock that will be coming out of the car. Just sayin'! ;)

BobatheSolo 01-09-2019 05:12 PM

Lmao I'm sure I couldn't afford it right now considering I don't have a job yet. PM me a price though. Who knows, maybe it's within my budget lol.

OneManArmy 01-11-2019 11:48 PM

Damn lots if good stufd. I'll come gelp you tear it down.

xhengmanx 01-20-2019 04:54 PM

Curious on how much tryinf to sell the car complete? Never seen a listing. I hate seeing cars get parted out if it's still a perfectly goodcar ..

Scoobyx 01-21-2019 08:46 AM

[QUOTE=xhengmanx;3664202]Curious on how much tryinf to sell the car complete? Never seen a listing. I hate seeing cars get parted out if it's still a perfectly goodcar ..[/QUOTE]

It unfortunately has a broken stock transmission but I have the complete 6sp 5x114 swap in hand. It also would need a new tune as the Link ECU is gone. With a little bit of work this thing is ready to roll- its just not a priority for me any longer.

I figure I can make at least $25k parting everything out but it would be a pain in the arse and I don't have a lot of extra time. I would take ~$15k for everything as it sits. I have spent well over $40k in parts alone.... Not including the cost of the car or labor. :yuck:

Scoobyx 01-21-2019 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the full list. First column is what I paid, 2nd column is what I would ask at approx 25% off. All parts, including engine are in like new condition. Car has seen very few track days. I intended on going full on time attack wagon style, but we all know how life happens..