i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Looking for a 94 or older impreza wagon (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/looking-94-older-impreza-wagon-43698/)

S-Squared 01-04-2004 07:32 PM

Looking for a 94 or older impreza wagon

lookin for a 94 or older wagon,
bad motor and trans is preffered doing a drivetrain swap is the idea.
lookin for somthing on the C*H*E*A*P :D

if anyone knows of/has anything please let me know!

thx

-Nate
S-Squared

British Banger 01-04-2004 10:08 PM

Good luck, that's a rare car that your after :) Look outside of cali, and there is a TON of them up in Tahoe.

James

Nick Koan 01-04-2004 10:19 PM

Nate, I'll look up in Tahoe for you. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

S-Squared 01-04-2004 10:24 PM

Cool thanks guys,
I MAY have found one, its a 2wd , not that I care, I have all the drivetrain from a legacy turbo to put in it hence the need for a 94 or earlier for smog legality. I will go check it out this week if its still there.

oooo cant wait, hybrid ej22T in a light little wagon. should be fun.

-Nate
S-Squared

Speed Element 01-04-2004 10:52 PM

Depending on the engine your putting in you shouldn't need to be worried about the MY of the vehicle as long as the engine going in is newer and all the emissions equipment is in place per the year of manufacture of the engine. I believe this is how the EJ20 swaps have no problems when visiting the state ref although I am sure the I-Speed.us guys can elaborate more on this topic.

Mike

S-Squared 01-04-2004 11:05 PM

You are right, the engine has to be of the same year or newer ( I went through this alot when I was doing freelance honda builds/tuning ) the engine that is going in though is technically a USDM legacy turbo engine ( even though it is really only using the block ) . But since they only made those engines till 94 I need a 94 or older to meet emissions standards.

thanks man!

-Nate

Zoeb2s 01-04-2004 11:06 PM

Even if there was a smog issue with the MY wouldn't it be 95 since thats the last year of OBD1?

Speed Element 01-04-2004 11:13 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by S-Squared [/i]
[B]You are right, the engine has to be of the same year or newer ( I went through this alot when I was doing freelance honda builds/tuning ) the engine that is going in though is technically a USDM legacy turbo engine ( even though it is really only using the block ) . But since they only made those engines till 94 I need a 94 or older to meet emissions standards.

thanks man!

-Nate [/B][/QUOTE]

What ECU are you using to control it? If your using one of your EcuTeK reflashes then what year the block or engine is would not matter would it?

Mike

S-Squared 01-04-2004 11:19 PM

Haltech for this application.

actually, to get the bar label I need to run it with the stock ecu, after that I will throw in the haltech since I have already made a early plug and play adapter for the obd cars.

-Nate

Speed Element 01-04-2004 11:21 PM

Oh...

If the rest of the engine is frankensteined you could use a newer ECU reflashed to get through the ref though I assume thus opening up your options on the MY of the car, or have I missed something?

Mike

S-Squared 01-04-2004 11:52 PM

in my experiance up here the Ref will look at the engine code stamped in the block. Its just a little easier this way since the wiring is darn close etc. Although if this one I found does not work out I may go through the re-wire of a wrx type drop and accidentally drop some grease on the ej22 engine code ;)

-Nate

S-Squared 01-05-2004 11:20 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 02BlackWRX [/i]
[B]Even if there was a smog issue with the MY wouldn't it be 95 since thats the last year of OBD1? [/B][/QUOTE]

The Smog Ref only cares about MY not the obd1-obd2 issue, that would make logical sense but it is calif smog ;)

-Nate

Kostamojen 01-05-2004 07:49 PM

Did you see the one in the Sac Bee?