i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Life after S-03s? BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 ? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/life-after-s-03s-bfgoodrich-g-force-t-kdw-2-a-119807/)

laurex 12-04-2005 09:00 PM

Life after S-03s? BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 ?

For people who had the S03s and switched to BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 or vice versa, any input as to roadnoise, comfort, etc? I currently have the S03's and am looking for new tires. I'm really used to the great handling of the S03s and am wondering what I am giving up for benefiting from the following choices:

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 (SUMMER)
[url]http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+KDW+2[/url]

or

P Zero Nero M&S (ALL SEASON)
[url]http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero+M%26S[/url]

thanks!

suby_dude 12-04-2005 09:09 PM

i'd throw in proxe4s in that mix if you're looking @ performance all season. you get a lot of bang for the buck w/ that wheel.

good luck

-sd

jdadour 12-04-2005 09:27 PM

how about the hankook ventus rs2! i switched from 225/40/18 bridgestone S0-3's to the hankooks at 235/40/17, and there is a definite performance increase along with the hankooks being $100 cheaper per tire.

-jon

Impala SS AutoX 12-04-2005 09:37 PM

Second the RS2 recommendation. Great tire and a steal for the price!

crashnscar 12-04-2005 10:07 PM

have s03s right now, switching to hankook rs2 z212's whenever i they get ordered (hopefully this week)

jdadour 12-04-2005 10:23 PM

yeah the hankook rs2's are sweeping over the subaru nation like a storm right now. its pretty much the new hot tire on the market. not a lot of reponse on how long they are gonna last yet from anyone, but it will probably be like any performance tire.

-jon

STi-owns-evo 12-05-2005 01:36 AM

If you're looking for something to perform as well as the S-03 don't even think of the PZeros. They're all season tires so they'll never stick as well as a dedicated sport tire. If you're not too worried about price, try the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s.

From what I've heard about the RS2s they're gonna last maybe as long as Azenis Sports are lasting, so don't expect too much life out of them. Just make sure you're not buying these because of the trend people are falling into like the ES-100 trend...

yayitzian 12-05-2005 02:43 AM

i had the s-03's then switched over to the BFGoodrich g-force t/a kdw2s.

they freakin rock, have longer treadwear and they are totally predictable. they are nice n sticky too. i totally love these tires, plus the tread looks pretty mean. also, they rock in the rain, just like S-03's

tire rack only has them up to Y rated, but i got myself a set of ZR's, i dunno really what the difference is...my car can't go that fast anyways haha

gh0st shad0w 12-05-2005 07:47 AM

I have the Eagle F1's and will be switching to the RS2's after I wear these out. The F1's aren't as good as I thought they'd be especially for the price these tires are freaking expensive.

Group B 12-05-2005 10:30 AM

I switched from the SO-3s to the new Yoko Advan Neova AD-07, and they are better in the rain and even moreso in the dry, than the SO-3s.

I thought that the S0-3s were some of the greatest tires, and they are rather good, but these new Advans are much better yet.

yayitzian 12-05-2005 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=Group B]I switched from the SO-3s to the new Yoko Advan Neova AD-07, and they are better in the rain and even moreso in the dry, than the SO-3s.

I thought that the S0-3s were some of the greatest tires, and they are rather good, but these new Advans are much better yet.[/QUOTE]

how is the treadwear on that?

dynamicprojeKtz 12-05-2005 11:50 AM

if you want to spend a little more...throw in the michelin pilot sport ps2's. great tire in the rain and dry. i would say they handle and perform almost identical to the s03's. if i had the money, i would buy another set of the the ps2's, but since im poor now, im going to settle for the hankooks rs2's because those look like very good tires for the money.

doodoobrown 12-05-2005 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=jdadour]how about the hankook ventus rs2! i switched from 225/40/18 bridgestone S0-3's to the hankooks at 235/40/17, and there is a definite performance increase along with the hankooks being $100 cheaper per tire.

-jon[/QUOTE]

+1

switched from S-03s to RS2s... damn good tire!

Impala SS AutoX 12-05-2005 01:55 PM

FWIW, the Hankooks RS2s and Advan AD-07s stick pretty similar in the dry (and either one is a good bit better than the S-03). The AD-07 is a definite step up from either the S-03 or RS2 in the wet (it's probably the best "WRX/STI-sized" 3-season tire out there now in the wet).

Downside = pricing on the AD-07 is about DOUBLE that on the RS2!!!

Worth noting that the AD-07 won STX at the SCCA Solo Nationals this year (on a WRX)....and it was VERY wet (i.e. standing water and lots of it!) the first day. Hankooks also did surprisingly well considering how cheap the tires are...

Akira-R 12-05-2005 02:04 PM

I've got a set of the RS2's and they seem good. Haven't had the chance to test it out yet. I also have a set of A032r's waiting for a cheap set of rims. Those I've used and have awsome dry/wet traction, wet being good in the early stages only.