Kona Brewing Co: Pipeline Porter Kona Coffee Beer

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by mbquarts
my fav Hawaiian brew...you can find 4 packs at bevmo.

Pics a little small to read. Can you give us some more details on it? Also, that glass is sweet!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
Its Maui Brewing Coconut Porter...very smooth and strong flavor. Best when ice cold...of course!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Kona Pipeline Porter, does NOT pair well with:
Alfredo pasta
Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 PM

Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
Bump picking some of this up tomorrow hopefully!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:17 PM

Car Info: WRX
Yup, good stuff! Had a six pack's worth over the last couple months.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:39 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
The wife and I went to the Kona Brewery when we were in Honolulu a few months ago, they had like 8 different beers (of course we had them all). Loved every single one.

When I saw the Pipe Line Porter here a few weeks ago, I had to buy a couple 6 packs. Such a good dark beer, almost like drinking a alcoholic coffee. They really need to up production and bring more varieties over to the mainland.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:03 AM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
The wife and I went to the Kona Brewery when we were in Honolulu a few months ago, they had like 8 different beers (of course we had them all). Loved every single one.

When I saw the Pipe Line Porter here a few weeks ago, I had to buy a couple 6 packs. Such a good dark beer, almost like drinking a alcoholic coffee. They really need to up production and bring more varieties over to the mainland.
<-----I iz jealous
Old 12-10-2010, 12:05 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
haha, I first got the recommendation for this beer from this thread a couple years ago and last week i was hanging out with brucelee and i picked up some of this stuff as it is awesome and he thought he had never had it and loved it. A handful of days later, this thread pops back up. Too funny.

Pipeline Porter is available each year during the winter time. Bevmo carries it as does safeway.

On an even better note, Cafe Biere in Emeryville has it on tap right now and happy hour is only $3
Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ish
haha, I first got the recommendation for this beer from this thread a couple years ago and last week i was hanging out with brucelee and i picked up some of this stuff as it is awesome and he thought he had never had it and loved it. A handful of days later, this thread pops back up. Too funny.

Pipeline Porter is available each year during the winter time. Bevmo carries it as does safeway.

On an even better note, Cafe Biere in Emeryville has it on tap right now and happy hour is only $3
Yeah, when I read this thread all the memories came back! It's been a while since I had that stuff and the taste was familiar, I just couldn't remember where I have had it before... Then this thread came up and it all came back to me. Damn, I forgot how good this beer is! Thanks Ryan for re-introducing it back to me, and thanks for bumping this great thread!

It was pretty funny that this thread came up right after we hung out and I was like "What's the name of that beer again?", and it sounded so familiar but Ive had so many different beers since then its hard to keep track, especially since this is seasonal and Ive only had it a handful of times. I need to stock up on a nice supply.

PS: Ryan, we still need to go celebrate your birthday, although like 5 months late, lol. Call me anytime you're free and we'll do it!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Kona Pipeline Porter, does NOT pair well with:
Alfredo pasta
Haha... no it doesn't

The Pipeline Kona is seasonal... only comes out around winter time. Now even Safeway carries it.

It's strong coffee flavor is great... if you're in the mood for it. Its taste is nothing like a regular beer so make sure "coffee" is compatible with whatever you're drinking it with. When you "feel like a beer", Pipeline doesn't do it... too much coffee.

But, if you're chillin and just want a bev... if beer + coffee sounds good to you then Pipeline is great.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Just had a six pack....pretty good stuff to chill to and smoke to...
Old 12-10-2010, 11:16 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Just go back from BevMo a few hours ago. Stocked up on some Longboard and Pipeline, as well as a few bottles of Wydmer's and a bottle of plum wine. good to go