Just test drove an EVO X 2011, I'm in love. Anyone want an STi?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 04:14 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by G_Ride
^ Or he was that unlucky.
Only BL is that unlucky...
Old 02-27-2011, 05:33 PM

Car Info: 2002 something
You should buy one and drive around at 3am in a short sleeve shirt with guns in your trunk and see how things turn out.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Only BL is that unlucky...
Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by WRrex
You should buy one and drive around at 3am in a short sleeve shirt with guns in your trunk and see how things turn out.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:33 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
I thought threads didn't get deleted on i-Club?

-Brian
Old 02-27-2011, 06:47 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I thought threads didn't get deleted on i-Club?

-Brian
they do not, they are just placed out of site of the general public when its deemed necessary by management.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
they do not, they are just placed out of site of the general public when its deemed necessary by management.
But I was on a roll!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 PM

BL should definitely buy an EVO so we don't have to hear him talk about how ****ty his STi is ON A SUBARU FORUM anymore. Then he can burden the EVO owners with his "misfortunes".

Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
But I was on a roll!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:22 PM

Which brings me to another point...

Did you test fit your guns into an EVO trunk? You definitely want to be prepared for Armageddon.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:18 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by antonch
Lol no, you rather sell it someone here because you want 3k more for it.
true.. Yo brucelee, thought you were off financialy really bad that you had to sell two of your guns to pay for your rent...buying another car wont help...
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
true.. Yo brucelee, thought you were off financialy really bad that you had to sell two of your guns to pay for your rent...buying another car wont help...
Yeah, right now isn't a good time for me to buy a car, I'm going through some rough times and I can pull it off if I sell my STi for around 23k (Lets just say someone owes me a lot of money and that will be in my hands within the month). If I can get the EVO for 31k, 0% financing and put 5k down, my payments would be like $150 a month which is totally doable since I just cut down on major expenses.

I want the EVO really badly, I've always wanted one. I love my STi but I'm just more of an EVO guy. The reason I bought my RS back in 99 is because the EVO wasn't available here. I'll always be a Subaru fan, just because I drive an EVO doesn't change anything. I bet I'll get tired of the EVO too and go back to the Subaru (who knows), but right now I want to do something for myself because I've gone through hell this past year. It all started when I broke my arm, then the rain just kept coming and coming.

I finally did something about it... I said 2011 was going to be my year. In the last month I've lost 23lbs, am lean, my back no longer hurts due to therapy, I'm working out with resistance training to get all my strength back. My goal is to have a baby brucelee by 2013, that's two years away. I have a house, I have a great wife and family, but have just had a lot happen this past year and it's time for me to get over it by doing positive things. Venting here helps me a lot, if you don't want to read it then don't click on my threads. What's so hard about that? You guys obviously enjoy reading my threads so why be negative about it?

If I get that EVO, I'm not joining some other forum... I've been here for 11+ years and have seen people come and go... I've met some of the best people in the world because of this forum. Yes, there are actually really great people here, sometimes it's just hard to find them because it's hard to joke on a forum (No body language, no gestures, it's just words and you can take them as you may).

If I get that EVO, I'll put i-club stickers on it. The founder of this forum is a great friend of mine and so are a lot of other members who have known me for a long time.

Can we please keep things positive and relax a bit. We're turning into NAZIOK and that's not what any of us want. We're all on the same team and it's time we started acting like it. I'm doing my best to deal with the things that have happened to me over the past year and yes sometimes Im grumpy and react to certain posts that I think are personal attacks on me or on one of my friends. I'll stop, I'll bite my tongue and take it all with a grain of salt, all I ask is that everyone else does the same. We used to be a family, now we're like NAZIOK's OT forum.

If you don't want to read what I write, there's an ignore button and you can ignore me all you want, I couldn't care less. Just know that my intentions are good and I mean no harm to anyone. Yesterday was a stressful day for me and I apologize for any ill doings. I wish I had never started that stupid Mt Hamilton thread.

Remember, in the end we're all on the same team. I've met some incredible people on these forums (too many to list) and that's what keeps me coming back. Lets chill with the negativity for the sake of entertaining yourselves and lets start treating each other like the family we used to be.

That's all I've got to say about that.

On another note, here's an X-RAY of my arm. (Compound fracture, both bones came out of the skin and were sticking out about 2". Most painful thing ever... ) The X-RAY speaks for itself. (I wish I had an X-RAY of my shoulder so you guys could see how f'ed it is, lol) (Some people didn't believe me when I told them I broke my arm and was in the hospital for 4 days, so here's the proof. I want to get the tattoo to cover the scars from the surgery)
Attached Thumbnails Just test drove an EVO X 2011, I'm in love. Anyone want an STi?-danielxray.jpg  
Old 02-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Oh, and yes, my guns will easily fit into the trunk of the EVO. Even though the battery and the wiper fluid tank is back there the trunk is still big enough to fit 10 AK-47's, so no worry about that.

Who wants to go shooting. I provide the guns, and you provide the ammo.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:54 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by aboothman
3rd motor by 80k? That was one of three things: you suck at maintenance, your tuner sucked at tuning, or you sucked at driving. 4th possibility, screwing with an MBC.
It was my old 04 STi, for anyone who knows me here you are all very familiar. First motor was spun bearing from running too low on oil (by the previous owner) around 30k ish from excessive oil consumption (ringlands?) he replaced the shortblock with another OEM shortblock and I bought the car. Tuned by GST FWIW.

2nd motor was a cracked number 4 piston ringland, and was tuned by GST with a "conservative tune". I replaced the motor with a built shortblock (wiseco pistons, ACL bearing, cometic HG's, arp head studs, 08 oil pump). And sold it with said motor leaking from literally every single seal that could possible leak. Although the motor did run fine.

So yea you could say I had some bad luck with the EJ motors. So basically the car needed a whole new shortblock every 30k or so considering I sold the car with 100k, how about that for maintenance:

30k service, check oil, coolant, manual trans fluid, and replace shortblock
60k service, replace shortblock and timing belt

Quick Reply: Just test drove an EVO X 2011, I'm in love. Anyone want an STi?