i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Just saw a Limited (grey) Sti being towed on 2 wheels (plate #5J??343) (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/just-saw-limited-grey-sti-being-towed-2-wheels-plate-5j-343-a-203997/)

huck 05-13-2009 02:27 PM

Just saw a Limited (grey) Sti being towed on 2 wheels (plate #5J??343)

Like I said, just saw a Limited (dark grey) Sti being towed on 2 wheels (plate #5J??343) down Harrison St in San Francisco. At 1:40pm today.

May have just been an 06-07 WRX but pretty sure I saw the black Brembos as it rolled by... with alarm going off too.

I tried to get a photo but my iphone wouldnt boot up fast enough. Will gladly come forward as a witness of damages if needed.

XkrazyAsianX 05-13-2009 02:29 PM

that is some bull****. towed on 2 wheels?

VRT MBasile 05-13-2009 02:30 PM

Unfortunately if it's towed "at the owners expense" I think the towing company is waived of responsibility for damages. I hope I am wrong though.

Subarus should come from the factory with the AWD warning sticker. Whoever makes those (I forget the username) should patent them and then sell it to SOA.

Yin 05-13-2009 02:31 PM

^ hokusai

wrxisthebest 05-13-2009 02:32 PM

[quote=VRT MBasile;2610087]Unfortunately if it's towed "at the owners expense" I think the towing company is waived of responsibility for damages. I hope I am wrong though.

Subarus should come from the factory with the AWD warning sticker. Whoever makes those (I forget the username) should patent them and then sell it to SOA.[/quote]

but the towing company should be smart enough to know that when a Subaru is called in to be towed a flat bed is needed.

woocabin 05-13-2009 02:51 PM

^ sadly, not all tow truck drivers are informed about Subarus

kspek 05-13-2009 02:55 PM

:( thats too bad for the sti.

VRT Gump 05-13-2009 02:55 PM

Towing at owner's expense should not waive the dumbass' lack of knowledge of vehicles and procedure.

huck 05-13-2009 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2610087]...Subarus should come from the factory with the AWD warning sticker. Whoever makes those (I forget the username) should patent them and then sell it to SOA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was Hokusai, and I have mine plastered over my VIN#. They can not miss it.

horsecut54 05-13-2009 03:07 PM

was it on the dolly wheels, (not sure what they are called but they jack the wheels up on to a structure with caster wheels)

I know I sound like a moron right now, but I don't really know how to describe it.

VRT MBasile 05-13-2009 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=huck;2610118]Yeah, it was Hokusai, and I have mine plastered over my VIN#. They can not miss it.[/QUOTE]

yup, mine is right in the bottom corner by the VIN.

Someone should call in and ask Len Tillem :lol:

huck 05-13-2009 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=horsecut54;2610131]was it on the dolly wheels, (not sure what they are called but they jack the wheels up on to a structure with caster wheels)

I know I sound like a moron right now, but I don't really know how to describe it.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Rear wheels rolling on ground. Center differential being destroyed.

Racenut 05-13-2009 03:16 PM

Alarm going off?

Repo? Maybe it's the banks problem now? Or whoever buys the car at auction....

VRT MBasile 05-13-2009 03:21 PM

Well, hopefully the owner has now learned one of the following
-"No parking" applies to you too
-The bank doesn't like it when you dont pay
(additionally, if an STI is out of your means, it is out of your means)
-You actually have to put coins IN the meter (although I don't think they'd tow for that)

JOEBOBBUCKET 05-13-2009 03:27 PM

if the alarm is going off it is most likely a repo. the grab and go, the dont even strap it down till the are a ways away strap it quick then take off. i have seen/heard them driving down the road like that before. i was next to the hooters in campbell one day and i pulled over to use my phone and i was standing outside my car and i heard a car alarm go off then i see a tow truck pulling a pretty new tacoma through the lot. he stopped right behind me and strapped the wheels down and took off with the alarm still going off. the front wheels were on the ground and turned so the truck was being towed down the road slightly sideways. it was rather funny. sucks to come out of hooters to find your car gone to find out it has been repo'd. the tow truck driver didnt really seem to care about the truck he was grabbing. it was just a snatch and go.