i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   just put on my dp! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/just-put-my-dp-140207/)

scoobie8 07-17-2006 08:31 PM

just put on my dp!

so, I just finished putting on my shorty dp. was my first so dont know what to excpect. I used a crap load of pb sray and when i turned on my car and test drove it there was a little smoke comming from the area where I sprayed. Is this a normal thing , do I need to worry ? Could it be excess pb spray burnning off? Any help would be good, thanks

jdadour 07-17-2006 08:42 PM

yes it is the spray burning off. dont worry about it, as long as it goes away after about 20min.

Jakes02 07-17-2006 08:54 PM

lmao. i had such a hard time getting the DP bolts off that i had to spray them several times. i had a forest fire under my hood for a couple hours. well ...smoke not fire

scoobie8 07-17-2006 10:18 PM

ok, cool. I thought I had screwed something up.I dont think its smoking any more, just scared the crap out of me!

WRXakaBooSTi 07-18-2006 01:59 AM

was it just me, or were the bolts for the dp very easy to get off? (with exception to 1 bolt/nut that was on the bottom part of the turbo, it was hard due to its location). my car had 28k, never modded, and my bolts unscrewed with ease, without any type of spray. after hearing everyones stories, i expected a stuggle, but they were rather loose. wierd.

Jakes02 07-18-2006 02:15 AM

[QUOTE=WRXakaBooSTi]was it just me, or were the bolts for the dp very easy to get off? (with exception to 1 bolt/nut that was on the bottom part of the turbo, it was hard due to its location). my car had 28k, never modded, and my bolts unscrewed with ease, without any type of spray. after hearing everyones stories, i expected a stuggle, but they were rather loose. wierd.[/QUOTE]

mine were pretty stuck on. i have 80k . the worst bolts were on the heat shield!!!!! i don't wish that torture on my worst enemy

WRXakaBooSTi 07-18-2006 02:31 AM

[QUOTE=Jakes02]mine were pretty stuck on. i have 80k . the worst bolts were on the heat shield!!!!! i don't wish that torture on my worst enemy[/QUOTE]

oh, i forgot about that dam heat shield. but none of my bolts were stuck, just hard to reach sometimes.

Jakes02 07-18-2006 02:41 AM

i had 2 that stripped and the one at the bottom front passenger side was so hard to get to that i removed the airbox and had to reach across the side of the engine. i almost had to get the dremel tool out and cut the heads of of the bolts. i hate that heat shield, so i threw it away

WREXNFX 07-18-2006 07:55 AM

no stuck bolts on mine i changed downpipe 2 weeks after it was broke in so they came off pretty easy

scoobie8 07-18-2006 12:01 PM

yeah, it was easy to take apart and even easyer putting back together. this was my first major mod besides catback. All I have to say is that pb blaster spray works wonders!

sjice 07-18-2006 01:13 PM

make sure u put ur heatshield back on yo

verc 07-18-2006 02:49 PM

Breaker bar solves all problems muahahah....

scoobie8 07-18-2006 07:19 PM

[QUOTE=sjice]make sure u put ur heatshield back on yo[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I did put on my stock heat sheild back on just incase I get stopped by the police. Makes it look stealthy.