i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   I have a Few BOV Q's (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/i-have-few-bov-qs-63133/)

Fatal Velocity 06-17-2004 03:24 PM

I have a Few BOV Q's

Ok so im in the market in Getting a BOV, I think im gonna go riceish on this one so I want it to be loud, HKS, RFL.

So my Q's.

1.what do you guys recommend I get for my WRX?

2.Does anyone happen to have a BOV, XS RFL or HKS that they are willing to sell today or tomorrow? I need it soon that is my only restraint, and Used for good deal. let me know.

If you happen to have one or know who can get one today or tomorrow, I would appreciate it if you called me and let me know cause I will be leaving my PC @ 4. My number is 209-918-1616
-the name is john if you didnt know.

Ex-ricer 06-17-2004 03:55 PM

TXS RFL. Buy one today. You can thank me later.

dan avoN7 06-17-2004 04:01 PM

be careful with the RFL. My friend and i traded bov's for a day just to hear a different sound. The rfl make the car sorta stumble when letting off the throttle. I didnt try any different shims or whatever u can do to that bov because it was his and i was only having it on for a day. With the HKS i didnt have any problems.

DJTEN4 06-17-2004 04:07 PM

i have an hks one i will be selling soon... lemme know

kspek 06-17-2004 04:47 PM

i had both the hks and rfl. i like the rfl better how much you looking to purchase one for? i might sell my rfl.

OLMEK 06-17-2004 05:20 PM

I had an HKS, and it wasn't as loud as I thought. I wouldn't recommend one, especially since my scoob felt sluggish and had an even worse low rpm lag while I had it on, but to each his own.

I would probably get a GFB, they were loud and less expensive.

-OLMEK

zumnwrx 06-17-2004 05:37 PM

the biggest down side to having a bov is the gas it uses up along with the no power gains...

i figured that i lost about 35 miles on each tank just having the bov on... sorry but right now with gas prices the way they are and the amount of driving im doing the sound aint worth it for me..

edgar, :)

WRX Rush 06-21-2004 05:49 PM

zumnwrx:

Did you have one that was pumping 100% atmosphere ? I haven't noticed much difference in gas milage for the last year that i have had my GFB hybrid BOV set at 50/50. Thanks

WRX Rush

zumnwrx 06-21-2004 05:55 PM

yeah i had the hks one.. 100% atmosphere

edgar, :)

Domino 06-21-2004 06:05 PM

what a great idea! lets put on a part that lowers performance so my car makes a cool sound. how much do these things cost? i want one

AzN121184 06-21-2004 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=dan avoN7]be careful with the RFL. My friend and i traded bov's for a day just to hear a different sound. The rfl make the car sorta stumble when letting off the throttle. I didnt try any different shims or whatever u can do to that bov because it was his and i was only having it on for a day. With the HKS i didnt have any problems.[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about!? who's this friend you speak of? :P

outferno 06-21-2004 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=Domino]what a great idea! lets put on a part that lowers performance so my car makes a cool sound. how much do these things cost? i want one[/QUOTE]

Why does it matter man? It's his car.

Signed,
Charlie

Ex-ricer 06-22-2004 01:36 AM

TXS RFL = PSSHHHHHOOOOOOOFFFFFF!!!
HKS = *chirp*

And to whoever the hell Domino is, do you even know what a BOV is?