i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   I bought my first WRX yesterday!!! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/i-bought-my-first-wrx-yesterday-139663/)

Polish 07-10-2006 09:15 AM

[EDIT] I am a Subaru owner as of today!!!

I'm taking off a half day at work and going to take a look at a White 2004 WRX with 24,000 miles. It has the stock WRX spoiler. It is exactly what I am looking for.
I have 10k to put down on it and I am approved for 25k from my bank. I know most of you will say buy an STI but I don't want to pay the extra 5k and $50+ for insurance a month.

Wish me luck,
Leon

SUBY_6_STI 07-10-2006 11:09 AM

good luck

Polish 07-10-2006 03:52 PM

I bought it and I couldn't be happier. It is awesome. Can't wait to start doing stuff to it but for right now I am just going to enjoy it stock.

VRWRX 07-10-2006 04:23 PM

Congrats! Enjoy it as much as you can while it's stock. Then when you get bored, slowly start modding. Just do a little at a time so you can fully appreciate each thing you've done. Good luck!

mudman 07-10-2006 04:40 PM

get it re-flashed asap...feels like a different car.

Polish 07-10-2006 04:41 PM

First thing Im going to do is get the Cobb Access port. But Im going to try and wait a couple of months. I guess we will see if that happens or not.

VRT MBasile 07-10-2006 04:51 PM

welcome to the cult man! Your modding addiction will begin shortly :wiggle:

Cobb AP FTW too! Its one of the easiest EMS units to grow with

Polish 07-10-2006 04:53 PM

Thanks,

But i hate this damn craving for more. Why can't i just be content? Probally because it is no fun.

VRT MBasile 07-10-2006 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
in a little over a year I went from this:
[ATTACH]194607[/ATTACH]

to this:
[img]https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/MBasile/Fort%20Ord%20Test%20Shoot/DSCF0031.jpg[/img]

and I've also gained a few HP on the way :banana:

Polish 07-10-2006 04:58 PM

Nice ride!!!!

I'm pretty sure I will have alot done in about a year. After the access port, I'm going to do the uppipe, downpipe(catless, good ol New Mexico has no smog) and exhaust. So if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know. I know I can search and I will when the time comes to buy one.

RedStage 07-10-2006 05:09 PM

you in the military?
Navy here...I ask because I handle pay for some folks in Sunnyvale...and since you are registering in NM....

let me know.

VRT MBasile 07-10-2006 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=subaruwrx88011]Nice ride!!!!

I'm pretty sure I will have alot done in about a year. After the access port, I'm going to do the uppipe, downpipe(catless, good ol New Mexico has no smog) and exhaust. So if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know. I know I can search and I will when the time comes to buy one.[/QUOTE]

thats what I have power wise: helix catless UP & DP, borla hush CBE, and an intercooler y-pipe which didn't do much.

mudman 07-11-2006 09:21 AM

Another good first buy is a stiffer rear sway bar. They cost around $150 and are very simple to fit. It will completely improve the handling of the car and remove some of that nasty understeer.

Leave noisy exhausts and big wings till last because they just get you noticed by cops and they don't do anything for performance anyways, most of the power gains you will get will be from changing engine management (Cobb accessport is great) and removing the cats from the up-pipe and downpipe.

Polish 07-11-2006 10:34 AM

Ya I'm not going to do anything exterior wise except wheels and tires. I love the way it looks as it it. Though I am going to paint the stock side skirts. I had a civic previously with a body kit and CF hood and now I feel like that was just a waste of money.

All my money is going to performance whether it be motor, brakes, suspension, etc. Well I also need to put a good stereo system in it because music is my other passion.

Polish 07-11-2006 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=RedStage]you in the military?
Navy here...I ask because I handle pay for some folks in Sunnyvale...and since you are registering in NM....

let me know.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I work for NASA and I have been out here since January for a project. The project ends in September so thats when I'll be going back home.