i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   How do I get rid of mobile iclub on my iphone?? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/how-do-i-get-rid-mobile-iclub-my-iphone-227603/)

subie OCD 01-20-2011 05:29 PM

How do I get rid of mobile iclub on my iphone??

I normally view iclub as a normal internet page on my iphone but the other day I decided to try out the mobile version... don't like it. How do I go back?

LOL_VTEC 01-20-2011 05:42 PM

I went to the bottom if the moble page, theres an option for Normal viewing. Clicked that and ever since it's been normal. I appreciate the I-club staff working on cool things like but there's nothing better than surfing I-club than normal desktop view. :)

JelloChex 01-20-2011 05:52 PM

Mobile versions of pretty much EVERY APP I've seen tend to SUCK! If I can't do all the same stuff that I can do on a desktop then the APP really isn't worth my time IMO.

DerekB707 01-20-2011 05:55 PM

haha, sucks doesn't it. I tried it for a day and went back too. :)

brucelee 01-20-2011 05:58 PM

I can't surf the web via mobile view. I HATE it, not just the i-club mobile view, but for ANY website.

subie OCD 01-20-2011 06:22 PM

[QUOTE=LOL Vtec;3010514]I went to the bottom if the moble page, theres an option for Normal viewing. Clicked that and ever since it's been normal. I appreciate the I-club staff working on cool things like but there's nothing better than surfing I-club than normal desktop view. :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir!

LOL_VTEC 01-20-2011 06:32 PM

[QUOTE=subie OCD;3010545]Thank you sir![/QUOTE]

Dam, I have bad grammar and missing wording in my post. I have to proof read my postings now..

Dam iPhone spell/grammar check :lol:

dSpec 01-20-2011 06:37 PM

I-Club needs an iPhone and Android app :).

tohsh 01-20-2011 06:40 PM

I'm not able to switch to classic on my android phone :[ I hate the mobile i-club

VTRZA 01-20-2011 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=tohsh;3010553]I'm not able to switch to classic on my android phone :[ I hate the mobile i-club[/QUOTE]

yes you can, it's in the phones browser settings. Uncheck view mobile version if available

stupidchicken03 01-20-2011 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=tohsh;3010553]I'm not able to switch to classic on my android phone :[ I hate the mobile i-club[/QUOTE]

Go to iclubs home page.

Then in the address bar type in:
about:debug

then hit enter.

-Then go to your "menu" button and click "more"
-Scrool down to "settings"
-Then scroll all the way down to "UAString" and select "desktop"

Once you do that, back out of all the options till you get back to iclub. Then refresh the page and the normal view should come up.

Only thing that ive noticed, is even tho my UAString is now set at "desktop" whne I reopen my browser and go back to iclub, it returns to the mobile version :confused:

So i go thru the steps again, and when i get into UAString it is still on desktop but i just click it again then refresh the page.

So i guess for now thats better than no desktop view at all :lol:

SR20steve 01-20-2011 09:16 PM

Phones are fast enough now that mobile sites are pretty much worthless and just annoy me.

stupidchicken03 01-20-2011 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=SR20steve;3010633]Phones are fast enough now that mobile sites are pretty much worthless and just annoy me.[/QUOTE]

Yup pretty much

tohsh 01-20-2011 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=stupidchicken03;3010630]Go to iclubs home page.

Then in the address bar type in:
about:debug

then hit enter.

-Then go to your "menu" button and click "more"
-Scrool down to "settings"
-Then scroll all the way down to "UAString" and select "desktop"

Once you do that, back out of all the options till you get back to iclub. Then refresh the page and the normal view should come up.

Only thing that ive noticed, is even tho my UAString is now set at "desktop" whne I reopen my browser and go back to iclub, it returns to the mobile version :confused:

So i go thru the steps again, and when i get into UAString it is still on desktop but i just click it again then refresh the page.

So i guess for now thats better than no desktop view at all :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is what I have to do every time. Pretty lame.

stupidchicken03 01-20-2011 09:27 PM

Hoping some more Android users can chime in :)

[url]https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226619[/url]