i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   hand car wash in south bay? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/hand-car-wash-south-bay-163916/)

doodoobrown 05-29-2007 10:52 AM

hand car wash in south bay?

A combination of no time and laziness has made my wrx extremely dirty. Anyone know of a good hand car wash in the south bay?

:tia:
Ed

A.V.E. 05-29-2007 10:55 AM

classic car wash off 17 and hamilton

if you go to their website, they have coupons for 12.99 or something compared to almost 20 bucks for a wash.

Cashis 05-29-2007 10:58 AM

does the 12.99 include wheels, vacuuming, and inside of windows? :D

doodoobrown 05-29-2007 11:02 AM

thanks for the reply... is it a true 'hand only' wash or does it go thru a tunnel

Sharky 05-29-2007 11:12 AM

I have a friend doing Promotional deals for (personal) HAND carwashes w/ wax for like $40 a car.... if your interested PM me and ill give you his number.

lazybummm 05-29-2007 02:55 PM

I know this is not southbay, but in burlingame there is one where you go through a tunnel, instead of machines, however, you got four people in this "tunnel" soaping your car and then it runs to be sprayed clean and air dried before they dry by hand. if you exit broadway, its before the railroad tracks(turn left, right around mike harvey acura?).

Unit 91 05-29-2007 03:26 PM

I've been the the place by McCarthy Ranch. I think it goes through a tunnel (I'm not sure as I've never walked around back) but they do an awesome job.

blacktraxgirl 05-29-2007 05:17 PM

the one at macarthy ranch is a hand wash...well kinda...they do an awesome job tho. it goes thru a short tunnel but before the tunnel a guy preps it by spraying it down and then wipping it...then it goes thru some high pressure liquids and then when it comes out the rest is done by hand.

theres one on el camino in sunnyvale near mary & bernardo...they do a really good job also...its not completely hand wash but its the same as the macarthy ranch one but about half the price.

kYLEMtnCRUZr 05-29-2007 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=Unit 91;1875023]I've been the the place by McCarthy Ranch. I think it goes through a tunnel (I'm not sure as I've never walked around back) but they do an awesome job.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah you just walk inside and never noticed they had a full on track with cones
in a wet parking lot that they use your car to joyride around in!

NorCalDC5 05-29-2007 11:31 PM

ill wash your car, for reals. i do a good job and will charge less than any carwash.

microfiber towels and sponges, interior wash, exterior, windows, detailer, tires, wheels, everything.

03_Impreza_Al 05-29-2007 11:34 PM

[QUOTE=blacktraxgirl;1875132]the one at macarthy ranch is a hand wash...well kinda...they do an awesome job tho. it goes thru a short tunnel but before the tunnel a guy preps it by spraying it down and then wipping it...then it goes thru some high pressure liquids and then when it comes out the rest is done by hand.

theres one on el camino in sunnyvale near mary & bernardo...they do a really good job also...its not completely hand wash but its the same as the macarthy ranch one but about half the price.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen this car wash in mccarthy ranch. Where is it exactly?

[QUOTE=NorCalDC5;1875419]ill wash your car, for reals. i do a good job and will charge less than any carwash.

microfiber towels and sponges, interior wash, exterior, windows, detailer, tires, wheels, everything.[/QUOTE]

In a bathing suit too? =) jk

Unit 91 05-30-2007 07:07 AM

[QUOTE=kYLEMtnCRUZr;1875199]lol yeah you just walk inside and never noticed they had a full on track with cones
in a wet parking lot that they use your car to joyride around in![/QUOTE]
Never bothered me nor caused me to think twice about it. They always do an awesome job.

That parking lot is WAAAY too small to joyride in. Not to mention no one really wants to joyride my car. It's not exactly that type of ride.

resident smurf 05-30-2007 10:42 AM

[url]AJautodetailing.com[/url]

It's in SJ close to the airport. They do great work. Prices are a bit higher but you get what you pay for. $35 for a mini-detail, $45 for Express wax... etc. Wash is less, I think.

03_Impreza_Al 05-30-2007 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=resident smurf;1875819][url]AJautodetailing.com[/url]

It's in SJ close to the airport. They do great work. Prices are a bit higher but you get what you pay for. $35 for a mini-detail, $45 for Express wax... etc. Wash is less, I think.[/QUOTE]

Yah I saw their pricing a bit high. I'll have to fork out the money and get a good wax.

riptide2 05-30-2007 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=resident smurf;1875819][url]AJautodetailing.com[/url]

It's in SJ close to the airport. They do great work. Prices are a bit higher but you get what you pay for. $35 for a mini-detail, $45 for Express wax... etc. Wash is less, I think.[/QUOTE]

I took my car there once, and it came out looking like it was washed with a Brillo pad.

But then again, I haven't yet found a commercial car wash that can wash a black car without putting swirl marks in...