i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Got Cited For CVC 21655.5(b) (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/got-cited-cvc-21655-5-b-193493/)

R-Dub 10-22-2008 05:57 PM

Got Cited For CVC 21655.5(b)

:doh: :doh:

I was in the HOV lane for ~200ft to pass a group of drivers doing 35mph (I understand its rush hour - but there was no one in front of them for 7 or 8 car lengths).

Stupid move, but you live, you learn.

My big question (I checked Ticket Assassin) is will this appear as a point on my licenses. I don't mind the fine (I intend on going to court for the discount though) I just don't want a point on my licenses when I've kept my nose clean for 3 years now.

JasaJin 10-22-2008 05:59 PM

Yeah, it will be on your record. I believe you can do the class though so it wont show.

R-Dub 10-22-2008 06:00 PM

Even though it's not a moving violation? I'm not too concerned on the DMV record, I just don't want my insurance to increase after my last accident JUST fell off.

JasaJin 10-22-2008 06:02 PM

Ya, it showed up on mine. The crappy part about it though I went to the class and some how the insurance still found out about it.. I'm guessing the people from the class lost my paper showing i showed up or something?

Just go to court plead guilty and ask to take the class. They will reduce the fine and you will get to take the class.

flatline 10-22-2008 06:03 PM

call dmv and ask,

R-Dub 10-22-2008 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=flatline;2373627]call dmv and ask,[/QUOTE]

Thats a laugh - last time I called the DMV because they put a DUI on my record (long story) I spent 2 weeks calling at different times each day - same recording, put on hold...gave up after an hour.

East Bay STI 10-22-2008 06:05 PM

That sucks bro, I know I do that every once in a while to pass some dumas going hella slow when no one is in front of them too :(

-Gio

R-Dub 10-22-2008 06:08 PM

Well at least the officer was cool about it, he let go the fact that I have modified exhaust, a license plate cover (which is illegal? I had no idea), tinted front windows and front license plate delete.

jpdriver 10-22-2008 06:25 PM

Yes R-Dub it is a moving violation. I've taught traffic school for 20 years. Yes it will go on your record if you don't do the class. On average 1 point on your record will increase your insurance by 20% for the 3 years that it will be on your record.

jasajin.. it's your responsibility to get the certificate of completion to the court by your due date. Don't blame "the people from the class" for losing your paperwork. Also, they don't lower the fine for traffic school. In fact you will pay an administration fee for choosing the class option, typically $25-$40, on top of the fine. And my guess that the fine for using the diamond lane without the minimum number of occupants is going to be somewhere around $300. Just a guess.

kYLEMtnCRUZr 10-22-2008 06:31 PM

you mean the carpool lane?

Thats a point? damn i better stop passing people in it then lol

JasaJin 10-22-2008 06:32 PM

I didnt even bother to try and fight my ticket because who would believe me? What happened in my situation was I was in the middle lane and some jack !@# decided to swing over into my lane causing me to make a quick decision to shoot over into the diamond lane, it just so happens with my luck a police officer was in the middle lane not too far up.

Anyways that does not matter... I went to court said I was guilty they reduced my ticket and I took the class. As far as the paper work goes, there are like 3 copies if i remmeber right. 1 for the class intructor 1 for dmv or the court or what ever and 1 for your records. They tell you in the class they will take care of it for us. BUT how ever when i found out it showed up on my record i took in my copy to prove I went.

Thanks for clearing up his question though........

jpdriver 10-22-2008 06:49 PM

That sucks. There are a lot of crappy schools out there. I tell all my students to make sure they get the cert back to the court asap then after 30 days go to the DMV and get a printout of your record to see if someone screwed up. If so, show them your copy of the cert and they should take care of it or they should tell you to go back to court and show them proof of completion. If you mail it back to the court I always recommend certified mail/return receipt requested so you have proof that they got it.

And don't think that everything will be OK. Think about, you mail through the US Postal Service to a County Courthouse and they notify the State DMV. To me thats just too many government employees handling my paperwork.

nkghost 10-22-2008 08:06 PM

That's weird...my buddy just had the exact same non-moving violation and the point didn't get added to his record, just a fine, no traffic school. @_@

Spoolin415 10-22-2008 09:42 PM

You'll have to sign up for SMUG sensitivity training.

Ballz 10-23-2008 12:56 AM

Driving in the car pool lane doesn't give you a point. It's basically just like getting a HUGE parking ticket. (well, during car pool lane hours)