The Gives-You-Chest-Hair Chopper, Bobber, or Otherwise Custom Motorcycles Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Car Info: Reason
Originally Posted by 03'EyeBug
^ That's my favorite one so far buzzword, super clean and classy.

Yeah - I dig it! It's a decent mix of old and new technology. I think the front disc + modern avon-style tires look a bit out of place, but not enough to make me not like it.

Also, the euro-style bobber that fizay posted made me drool - I think that's the first modern sportster bobber I've seen and liked.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Let's see if I can get away with posting this...

I am sure that it falls under the "some all-billet crap piece some dip**** celebrity overpaid for" but I really like the minimal stying of it. No fancy crap all over the place, just simplicity. I also think that I may have an infatuation with rubber. I love wide tires, and the wider the better. The first thing I notice on any vehicle is the tire width. If I see wide tires, I know they mean business.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 08-12-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:03 AM

Car Info: Reason
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Let's see if I can get away with posting this...

I am sure that it falls under the "some all-billet crap piece some dip**** celebrity overpaid for" but I really like the minimal stying of it. No fancy crap all over the place, just simplicity. I also think that I may have an infatuation with rubber. I love wide tires, and the wider the better. The first thing I notice on any vehicle is the tire width. If I see wide tires, I know they mean business.

Definitely not my favorite offering from Exile, but I've been a fan of their aesthetic for 10 years. I'd still rather build my own bikes, but if I HAD to buy one, it'd probably be from them.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:23 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Not as old or as fancy, but its a 1980 HD Sturgis. I built it a few years back, well, did a frame up rebuild on everything and got it running again. Kinda proud of it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-07-2010, 08:24 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
^^ In the spirit of the new season of SoA
Old 09-25-2010, 06:02 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
yay or nay, BAIC?

Looks like something a goth-**** recon scout would ride in Hellboy.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:02 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
oh hell yeah...not a fan of flat engines when you have to ride some tight single track...*tall rock around blind corner* oops too late!

but totally rad

ive always wanted to ride a flat bmw on the road, lower center of gravity and all

there are other builders who put knobbies on the rear of every type of build almost
Old 02-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
some 40 years ago.....not much has changed, eh?

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com...ach-bike-week/
Old 02-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Lurk
Magpul Ronin

Whoa! Magpul, as in THE Magpul that you and I are so familiar with? Or is it a different Magpul? I had no idea they were going this route!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by fizay
yay or nay, BAIC?

I don't even like motorcycles (well, I like them but I don't ride them because I'm addicted to speed and I know I will die) but that cycle is SICK!!!! I would have kids with it.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by burnyou2
Not as old or as fancy, but its a 1980 HD Sturgis. I built it a few years back, well, did a frame up rebuild on everything and got it running again. Kinda proud of it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Wow, that brings back some memories! The first HD I ever rode was my favorite to this day - my dad's '80 Sturgis that I helped him rebuild. I will have to see if I can track down pics of it.

Thing is though, yours has the later (I think '91) Sturgis tank stickers and the 80 also had a kick-start - was it removed? It was the first to have kick start and the electric start. The Sturgis (the 1980 model, not the 1991) will probably always be my favorite. I seriously love all the black chrome and black powder parts on it. Also the engine was all black wrinkle with the fins bare, but a lot of people swapped in the chrome motors or just the heads for looks. Personally I prefered the all black/orange look to the bike.

Awesome to see another one!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
yay or nay, BAIC?

That thing is so awesome, I wanted to see the photos quoted once more. Reminds me of the 2WD motorcycle I saw in the Teknikmuseet in Stockholm. Have to find pics of that one too - it was pretty crazy.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
To appease all crowds, and because it's just bad *** seeing someone run 10/10ths through such a track

I'm not sure how to describe that video....scary, exciting....funny (the commentary was amazing). Either way it was a pretty breathtaking 9.5 minutes. Thanks for that.

Watching that made me realise why so many people die at the IOM TT every year...one mistake and your into a brick house or tree without a rollcage...crazy
Old 02-18-2011, 02:31 PM

My ***** are only big enough to ride a dual sport or dirtbike. Guess I don't trust myself. I think the deal of being able to have as much fun in a slow car as a fast one is exponentially increased when it comes to motorcycles.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by glenspen
I'm not sure how to describe that video....scary, exciting....funny (the commentary was amazing). Either way it was a pretty breathtaking 9.5 minutes. Thanks for that.

Watching that made me realise why so many people die at the IOM TT every year...one mistake and your into a brick house or tree without a rollcage...crazy
Holy ****! Agreed! IOM = on that bike!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Gives-You-Chest-Hair Chopper, Bobber, or Otherwise Custom Motorcycles Thread