i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Fumoto valve has been leaking from the VALVE (while in closed position) wtf? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/fumoto-valve-has-been-leaking-valve-while-closed-position-wtf-110338/)

stg2lgcy00 08-31-2005 03:54 PM

Fumoto valve has been leaking from the VALVE (while in closed position) wtf?

Like the title says. Originally I was using the blue gasket that came with the Fumoto valve but it kept seeping out. So last oil change I decided to use a OEM crush washer. It did the trick, no more leaking from around the edges. But now it drips very slightly from the valve itself even while in closed position. I didn't over torque it to the oil pan, I follwed the instructions so I don't get why this is happening. I tried letting some oil out to see if there was maybe a particle stuck in the valve causing it to leak but it did nothing, any ideas?

ipozestu 08-31-2005 04:06 PM

The nipple may be lose in the body. Try to tighten the nipple.

Onizuka 08-31-2005 04:19 PM

Weird, when I put mine on, it didn't leak at all from the blue gasket and it hasn't ever leaked. I'll have to check my valve on my next oil change to make sure it's not leaking from any area. If it does... it's back to the oem crush washers & drain plug.

HomerJay 08-31-2005 04:28 PM

I've never had a problem w/ mine either. They are warranteed. I'm sure they would replace it.

brucelee 08-31-2005 04:28 PM

Make sure you have it tightened all the way... It has to click to be in the locked position, otherwise it will leak. Happened to me too.

ucbsti 08-31-2005 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]The nipple may be lose in the body. Try to tighten the nipple.[/QUOTE]

yeah, just twist the nipple :D

stg2lgcy00 08-31-2005 09:19 PM

I ordered mine w/ out the nipple. Its plenty tight against the oil pan and its clicked all the way shut so... iono...

ipozestu 08-31-2005 09:43 PM

Ok not the nipple. The side of the valve where the oil comes out that is actually threaded. That is how they get the ball in there. Hence ball valve. Hole the body of the valve with an open end wrench and place another wrench on the outer most edge of the valve where the nipple would be. Try tightening that. I'm just shooting in the dark here from working with other types of ball valves. Chances are likely that it's shot. They the vendor know and they should be able to get you a new one.

ipozestu 08-31-2005 09:43 PM

I do love to say nipple in as many posts as possible. Nipple nipple nipple :banana:

stg2lgcy00 08-31-2005 11:12 PM

Lol, thanks for tip.... I'll probably just have them get me another one. I'm hoping not to do another oil change on my car b4 the swap. So while my car is down I'll have a chance to take care of it. I'll use the drain plug for the first 3k of my conversion.