i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Exhaust setups that haven't gotten you pulled over? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/exhaust-setups-havent-gotten-you-pulled-over-223219/)

sjscooby 09-11-2010 11:55 AM

Exhaust setups that haven't gotten you pulled over?

Wondering what exhaust setups you guys have that haven't gotten you pulled over in the bay area. I had a stromung catless setup a couple years back and got state reffed. Would not like to go through that again but don't want to stick with a stock exhaust either.

Gibz 09-11-2010 12:01 PM

Stock :eyebrows:

glenspen 09-11-2010 12:03 PM

If you don't want police attention you can remove every cat and run any downpipe as long as you keep the stock rear muffler, that way the car will sound stock and you only really lose a few horsepower.

Even the Borla hush sounds loud enough to attract the wrong kind of attention.

tohsh 09-11-2010 12:06 PM

The Borla Hush is probably the quietest 3" exhaust on the market, yet is still significantly louder and very noticeable. If you don't want attention then run an STi CBE with a catless downpipe as mentioned above.

JelloChex 09-11-2010 12:07 PM

You can go somewhat stealthy by getting high temp paint and painting the exhaust black. It makes it much less noticeable from the rear of the car.

Shayhan27 09-11-2010 12:08 PM

Borla hush on a high flow dp and catless up. Its pretty quiet but still louder than stock.
It looks stock though which is I think a major advantage.

manhands 09-11-2010 12:08 PM

SPT is good to go, as is the Borla, those are your absolute Best options.

You can also go totally catless and remove the internals from the stock axleback, I did this and no cop ever questioned me.

A.V.E. 09-11-2010 12:09 PM

ive ran a few exhaust in the past and the one im currently running (TBE borla hush) is the one exhaust that has the least amount of attention.

painted black tips and dual exhaust gives it a stock look.

xhengmanx 09-11-2010 12:10 PM

I have a catless ewg upipe from grimmspeed with a tial 44mm ewg and a cusco jdm catless dp and a fujitsubo legalis r catback that hasn't gotten me pulled over yet. It quieter the the borla if I'm not on boost

woocabin 09-11-2010 12:11 PM

APS tbe, catless. drove by and next to cops, never got a second look.

EQ Tuning 09-11-2010 12:13 PM

I've had an APS catless TBE for a long time now and have never been hassled by cops. Although its not the quietest exhaust out there, it looks fairly stock.

The MadDad Whisper is the quietest catback I've seen to date that makes decent power as well.

-- Ed

iLoqin 09-11-2010 12:16 PM

Has to be the Borla hush, however it does buzz a bit when you hit mid RPMS.

verc 09-11-2010 12:20 PM

I've driven around with a catless borla hush for 7 years now without any cop ever giving me trouble about it.

I think some people are just unlucky. Because bottom line, if you come across a cop who cares about modded car stuff, he WILL pull you over and slap you with a state ref ticket no matter what exhaust you have. Whether you are catless or high flow cat, that is the MAJOR determining factor in how loud your car is, no matter which catback you use.

resty_kun 09-11-2010 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=EQ Tuning;2935946]I've had an APS catless TBE for a long time now and have never been hassled by cops. Although its not the quietest exhaust out there, it looks fairly stock.

The MadDad Whisper is the quietest catback I've seen to date that makes decent power as well.

-- Ed[/QUOTE]

yeah from what i've seen the maddad whisper is the quietest, i wanted it for a while but i ended up getting a greddy sp2 which is also fairly quiet

pignoseWRX 09-11-2010 12:42 PM

more or less what glenspen said...

TurboXS stealthback mated to an STi axleback.
although my RS*R Ex-Mag (not ex-mag gt2) never got any hassle from the police either.