i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   EAST Bay Area Roads (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/east-bay-area-roads-182715/)

MyNikonLens 04-09-2008 09:15 PM

one of my favorite roads ever, if you want to drive that far, is hwy 49 from auburn all the way around to Reno.

ptownBob 04-10-2008 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=MyNikonLens;2170034]one of my favorite roads ever, if you want to drive that far, is hwy 49 from auburn all the way around to Reno.[/QUOTE]

how far is that?

smokey25 04-10-2008 07:50 AM

Hwy 4 to Richmond from Martinez, take exit McEwen Rd, go right towards Port Costa :)

Lboogie 04-10-2008 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=smokey25;2170338]Hwy 4 to Richmond from Martinez, take exit McEwen Rd, go right towards Port Costa :)[/QUOTE]
looks fun to me! will have to try it sometime

kYLEMtnCRUZr 04-10-2008 10:07 AM

[QUOTE=subie OCD;2169671]Am I the only one that finds that funny?[/QUOTE]

I didnt find it funny. 30-60mph takes skill
60-90 mph takes balls. i dont care about how ballsy aka how stupid someone is.

any mtn road that has speeds up past 60 shouldnt be driven or raced.

All southbay people are like, "dude i raced dis guy on Skyline...blah blah im a douchebag..."
Who cares, Skyline has like 6 turns that are "35 mph" the rest can be taken past 75 and thats just pointless and proves nothing.
All Skyline is, is a drag race with a deer finish line.

Its same with racetracks. Imagine what cars would be X'd off the list as track cars if there were no straightaways! tracks shouldnt have straights.

Lboogie 04-10-2008 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=kYLEMtnCRUZr;2170476]I didnt find it funny. 30-60mph takes skill
60-90 mph takes balls. i dont care about how ballsy aka how stupid someone is.

any mtn road that has speeds up past 60 shouldnt be driven or raced.

All southbay people are like, "dude i raced dis guy on Skyline...blah blah im a douchebag..."
Who cares, Skyline has like 6 turns that are "35 mph" the rest can be taken past 75 and thats just pointless and proves nothing.
All Skyline is, is a drag race with a deer finish line.

Its same with racetracks. Imagine what cars would be X'd off the list as track cars if there were no straightaways! tracks shouldnt have straights.[/QUOTE]

x2 , Curvy mtn roads FTMFW!

subi4justin 04-10-2008 05:39 PM

just go AUTO-X... there are events out toward oakland and san fran all the time. don't risk other people's lives just to put a smile on your face

MyNikonLens 04-10-2008 06:16 PM

[QUOTE=ptownBob;2170315]how far is that?[/QUOTE]

to get to auburn is about 1:45, then from there it is a very long drive. almost 7-10 hours. i do photography so i stop quite a bit to take pictures. very beautiful wilderness.

wrxisthebest 04-10-2008 06:32 PM

hwy 49 is nice!

i live at the intersection of the two best raods in california, hwy 4 and hwy 49.. i was brought up driving mountain roads...

MyNikonLens 04-10-2008 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=subi4justin;2170977]just go AUTO-X... there are events out toward oakland and san fran all the time. don't risk other people's lives just to put a smile on your face[/QUOTE]

thank you very much for saying that. racing on the streets and on the highways is illegal for a very good reason. it is very dangerous. even if you don't care about your life, there are others like people on bicycles that are out there enjoying the roads as well. try to be on a bicycle one day and feel what they feel.

psoper 04-10-2008 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah- street racin's bad ...mmmkay?

At the same time, there are plenty of roads in the golden state that put a smile on your face without needing to be traversed at breakneck or illegal speeds.

Drive in control, respect those around you, (slow the heck down for bicycles) follow the law and driving back roads can be loads of fun.

But I also encourage participation at autocrosses, rallycrosses and track days, BTW if you haven't been to the Reno-Fernley Raceway,

[ATTACH]167043[/ATTACH]

a great opportunity is coming up;
[url]https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182792[/url]

Lboogie 04-10-2008 08:44 PM

Street racing IS bad...but track days arent avilable 24/7 like the open road ;)

Who said something about racing & illegal speeds on public roads officer?

kYLEMtnCRUZr 04-10-2008 10:12 PM

Reno Fernley has gotta be one of the best track designs ive seen. NO STRAIGHTS! besides the main straight.

from the videos i see, it has decent elevation. The track i make when i make one in 20 years is gonna have MAD elevation, like Bathurst Mt Panorama status!

[img]http://www.nzmustang.com/bathurst/Bathurst13.JPG[/img]

slow04wrx 04-11-2008 12:33 PM

east bay baby......let me give you a few...........pinehurst/skyline out in canyon by moraga/goes to hayward blah blah castro valley etc..........bunch roads over that way.......

reliez valley going out towards bear creek or towards pinole.........can't really think of anything else too amazing.

pinehurst etc=suby unbeatable thru there........if you like insane corners and a few crazy bumps this is the place.