i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   DMV Rant! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/dmv-rant-201730/)

brucelee 03-30-2009 02:30 PM

DMV Rant!

On Friday I went to the DMV during the slow hours, waited an hour and got to the window finally and was "greeted" by a really rude woman... I was showing proof of insurance for my car so I can get my plates. I brought a photo copied version of my insurance and she tells me that she can't accept it, then without giving me a chance to do anything, she pushes the "next" button and someone else comes up and she starts helping them! :mad:

I had to drive home and get my STi (drove another car) and wait in line AGAIN, this time I show my proof of insurance and have EVERYTHING with me, and guess what the lady tells me? "Oh sir, we don't do this here... You have to call a number and fax your proof out to them" and then gives me a card with the number on it. I was literally about to EXPLODE! I kept asking "Are you SURE you can't?" then she got all rude with me like the other lady!

I got REALLY mad and told her that she was a worthless cow.

I swear to god, the DMV is what hell must look like. It's on the top 5 places I hope get destroyed by a missile. :mad: I can't believe I waited a total of 3 hours just to be told that I can't do what I came to do.

Whats worse is the lady in the front that hands out numbers and gives info told me that I could show my proof of insurance there because I specifically asked her... She was probably just nodding "yes" because she can't understand a damn word of English and says "yes" in response to anything.

:mad: :mad:

I just faxed my stuff out to the other place which should take care of everything. If it doesn't, I'm going to be very mad. very very very mad.

JelloChex 03-30-2009 02:33 PM

DMV = DMI ( Department of Moving Idiots )

NorCalSubie07 03-30-2009 02:36 PM

yea it's god damn crazy how lazy the people who work there are, there jobs should be the once being cut and new hires there. I go to the the one that is farther away from my house rather than the one that is closer because its so much less people there and i actually once talked to a lady there that seemed like she was smart and nice, weird right?

MrMakesItRain 03-30-2009 02:37 PM

I've had pretty bad experiences at the DMV but recently they have been good on things as long as I don't show up during a high traffic time. Which DMV did you go to? My experiences at Fremont/Hayward are decent. People make mistakes I understand and if they just own up to it and apologize it would make all the difference. But then again some of the people there just treat you like the next number.

Unit 91 03-30-2009 02:44 PM

The DMV in Washington is nothing like here. Had to get a month tab for a rally car. Ran in... "I need a month tab." "Which month?" "Uhhh, September!" "Here ya go." Seriously, Eric with a K was inside for seconds with NO paperwork at all and they hooked him up. I wish the DMV was like that everywhere.

Rescuer 03-30-2009 02:45 PM

daniel needs a blog or twitter account

chinoyboi 03-30-2009 02:47 PM

That's what happens when you have a government funded work place. Hard to get fired and horrible customer service

WagonMonster 03-30-2009 02:57 PM

Complaining about the DMV is like living in Seattle and complaining about the rain.

ldivinag 03-30-2009 02:58 PM

setup an appointment...

i was in and out in 20 minutes...

:)

brucelee 03-30-2009 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=ldivinag;2569264]setup an appointment...

i was in and out in 20 minutes...

:)[/QUOTE]

THats what I normally do, but they ran out of appointments for the month and I needed this done ASAP.

WagonMonster 03-30-2009 03:27 PM

I do all my registration stuff at AAA, it's SO much easier

[W5]IntoTheWRX 03-30-2009 03:41 PM

sometimes it might be even worth it to make a trip to another, more less busy dmv.

Max Xevious 03-30-2009 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=WagonMonster;2569261]Complaining about the DMV is like living in Seattle and complaining about the rain.[/QUOTE]

I believe we have ourselves a spy....

sybir 03-30-2009 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=WagonMonster;2569293]I do all my registration stuff at AAA, it's SO much easier[/QUOTE]

Truth.

Also, ZE MOLE!

How the hell are you?

luckistryke 03-30-2009 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=WagonMonster;2569293]I do all my registration stuff at AAA, it's SO much easier[/QUOTE]

same here.

if i ever go "postal", DMV would be on top of the list