U guys, this is so ridiculous, you wont believe it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:39 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Exclamation U guys, this is so ridiculous, you wont believe it!

I got sent to the referree for a modified exhaust and intake a few weeks ago. I took my 2004 WRX in for inspection today and failed because my turbo inlet hose was not OEM~. I passed every other inspection but the visual with flying colors. The testers were so **** about a freakin hose that dosen't affect the emissions at all! It was black too! Ed from EQ tuning say's its ridiculous, and wrong. Anybody else have the same kind of problem? Anybody know about the law on the perrin turbo inlet that may help me clear this issue?? There has to be some section that clears this B.S. Help me out guys! (><)!!
Old 04-25-2006, 10:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
which ref did you go too?

i went to the fremont one at wyotech and they were tripping cuz i had my gauges.

-Ave
Old 04-25-2006, 10:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
they were trippin over your gauges? I'd tell them to shove it up their asses and do their job...and just their job

as for the original question...I do not know much about the refs and what they can stick you for
Old 04-25-2006, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MBasile
they were trippin over your gauges? I'd tell them to shove it up their asses and do their job...and just their job

as for the original question...I do not know much about the refs and what they can stick you for
thats what i said, i told them theyre werent even connected. i thought gauges didnt have anything to do with emissions...???

-Ave
Old 04-25-2006, 10:52 PM

Smile

I went to the ref station in West Sacramento. Damn, they gave you B.S about ur gauges too? They questioned my boost gauge and turbo timer....soo stupid =P
Old 04-25-2006, 10:54 PM

Gauges have nothing to do with emissions!! Even a 12 year old could figure that one out
Old 04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
VIP Member

i was supposed to go to the one in evergreen in SJ, but i got into an accident. i too have a turbo timer and a black perrin inlet hose, hopefully they wont worry about that too much.

-Ave
Old 04-25-2006, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

if they ever gave me crap about my gauges...and I was 100% stock, I'd go off on them report them for hassling me about the gauges...thats just complete crap
Old 04-25-2006, 11:01 PM
VIP Member

who can you report them too, id like to do that.

-Ave
Old 04-25-2006, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by A.V.E.
who can you report them too, id like to do that.

-Ave
everyone has a boss/someone that signs their check
Old 04-25-2006, 11:08 PM

I'd like to know too. And about ur turbo inlet hose, you might want to revert back to stock just to save the time and hassle. I have to wait another 2 weeks before I go back to the ref, and I detroyed my OEM turbo inlet in the process of installing the perrin one, I regret that big time.....oh well time to go to the local suby dealer. =P
Old 04-25-2006, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

if they ever give you crap for anything they have no ruling over, just simple tell them to go get their manager/boss/superior

just make sure they dont actually have anything against you
people try to do it to me at work all the time and I just go "ok" and watch my boss tell them the same thing I already told them
Old 04-25-2006, 11:28 PM

Just for pointers, make sure your car's warmed up really well before you let them test you. That will reduce ur emissions. It worked for me today. Just wish they let me go for the pipe!
Old 04-25-2006, 11:45 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Originally Posted by MBasile

That's profilin.. and profilin is wrooong

But seriously....if they're seeing that a black turbo inlet hose is not OEM equipment, then perhaps they're not quite as stupid as you thought they were? Gotta give them some credit, they busted you for something you thought you'd get away with. As for guages.. well, even though they are legal, again, these guys aren't THAT stupid. People that leave their cars stock don't usually have much need for additional guages.

As far as I know, for a general rule, if it's between the MAF and the CAT, you're not allowed to touch it unless you've got a CARB sticker for it, and even then they'll probably hassle you over it. Yeah, it sucks, but that's the rules in the most simple terms.

Sucks that you have to go back, but I don't think you can blame the ref. You should be blaming the tree huggin lawmakers who make the rules.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:46 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
FYI, the hoses arent technically legal without CARB approval. Gauges, I also think there are regulations against those.

That being said, other cars have passed fine with both.

Quick Reply: U guys, this is so ridiculous, you wont believe it!