CRAZY ass assault weapons ban, banning just about every gun that exists! :eek:

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:20 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
If this does go through, we all get to vote on it so I don't see it passing. With all these useless bans, anyone think they'll ban JDM products??
Old 11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
If this does go through, we all get to vote on it so I don't see it passing. With all these useless bans, anyone think they'll ban JDM products??

House Resolutions, which is what this bill is, get voted on by members of the House of Representatives, unless you are a member of the House of Representatives you or "we" don't get to vote on this one.

You must have not paid much attention in 7th grade social studies.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:39 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Not to sound rude but why do you need a gun?
because i cant carry a cop with me 24/7.

or because we dont live in a perfect world.

I think everyone would be better without them, Or some people that have them should not have them.
who's "they"?????
Old 11-05-2008, 03:40 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sybir
Does "The right to bear arms" ring a bell?

I'm a registered Democrat. I don't own a gun. I think legislation like this is foolish and misguided. Gun control only (negatively) affects legitimate owners, not the criminals that everyone's so concerned with. The weapons aren't the problem, and the weapons have legitimate uses for hunting, home defense, and entertainment. Trying to control weapons production, sale, and ownership by legitimate owners is pointless and contradictory to the beliefs our country was founded on.

Take a look sometime at assault rates (with and without weapons) in states that issue concealed carry permits......they're lower than California. Why could that be?
bravo sir...

bravo...
Old 11-05-2008, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STi, 1993 240sx (going under knife soon)
Originally Posted by brucelee
Only problem is that I don't have a car, and I can't exactly drive a rifle around like a witch on a broom... I could always car jack someone for a car...
Ahhh, and a great thank you is owed to the wonderful Grand Theft Auto franchise, for making carjacking so appealing and attractive to youths across the world.

Oh dear! My precious JDM Soarer and 180SX lugnut collection! NOOOOO!!!!!

But seriously now, whether or not this passes, it will make people think and at least consider the possibilty that if there are individuals who come up with these proposals, there is also the chance that they may pass.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by ApexAssassin
Ahhh, and a great thank you is owed to the wonderful Grand Theft Auto franchise, for making carjacking so appealing and attractive to youths across the world.

Oh dear! My precious JDM Soarer and 180SX lugnut collection! NOOOOO!!!!!

But seriously now, whether or not this passes, it will make people think and at least consider the possibilty that if there are individuals who come up with these proposals, there is also the chance that they may pass.

Dude, it was a joke! Like I'd honestly car jack someone? Are you ill?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:09 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

I'm a registered Democrat. I don't own a gun. I think legislation like this is foolish and misguided. Gun control only (negatively) affects legitimate owners, not the criminals that everyone's so concerned with. The weapons aren't the problem, and the weapons have legitimate uses for hunting, home defense, and entertainment. Trying to control weapons production, sale, and ownership by legitimate owners is pointless and contradictory to the beliefs our country was founded on.

Take a look sometime at assault rates (with and without weapons) in states that issue concealed carry permits......they're lower than California. Why could that be?

Word. Exactly what I've been telling people. I just recently got an 870 for home protection after the dog that was rightfully pauls was poisoned and I had some isht stolen from my garage.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:21 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by psoper
House Resolutions, which is what this bill is, get voted on by members of the House of Representatives, unless you are a member of the House of Representatives you or "we" don't get to vote on this one.

You must have not paid much attention in 7th grade social studies.
But isn't "the right to bare arms" in the constitution and if the constitution is changed the people have to vote on it?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 PM

PS: I have never played grand theft auto, nor have I ever played any video games that have car jacking as part of the game.

There are many better ways to take a car then to car jack someone... You get caught car jacking someone and you go to PRISON... However, you steal someone's car that they aren't going to miss any time soon (like a car that has been parked somewhere for a long while) and you get a fine and slap on the wrist.

Logic > Criminals

Or you can always take a second job doing something and save up like a grand and buy a beater and not have to worry about anything.

Its really amazing at how stupid some criminals are... And thats the reason they are locked in a cage getting *** rammed by bubba and we're here playing with out legal guns and beautiful cars. I love America. Our prison system is so bad ***...

I have a bunch of family in Europe and they are now getting shows like "Lock up" from A&E... They are always asking me if its really like that in prisons like San Quentin, to which I respond "Hell yeah". Keep in mind that I've had two family members locked up in the Hague for war crimes and they said that our prison systems are "inhumane".
Old 11-05-2008, 04:33 PM

But isn't "the right to bare arms" in the constitution and if the constitution is changed the people have to vote on it?
We have a right to "bare" arms? Maybe that explains why I have such a hard time growing hair on mine....

The only way to change the Constitution is by amendment. There are only 4 ways an amendment can get passed. (1) A proposal is made by a convention of states, which is then ratified by state conventions (this has never been used); (2) A proposal is made by a convention of states, which is then ratified by state legislatures (this has also never been used); (3) A proposal is made by Congress, which is then ratified by state conventions (this has been used once); or (4) A proposal is made by Congress, which is then ratified by state legislatures (this is the most common process).

So, unless you are a member of the state legislature, no, you will never get to vote on a Constitutional amendment.

Of course, the bill, if passed, becomes law. Laws often conflict with some interpretation of the Constitution, but, unless someone brings a Constitutional challenge to said law, and wins, the law remains in effect.
________
Fetish Tubes

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:33 PM
General Pimpin'

My buddy is a guard at corchrane or however its spelled. Where manson is. Criminals for the most part really are that dumb.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:40 PM

But isn't "the right to bear arms" in the constitution and if the constitution is changed the people have to vote on it?
You can't change the constitution! Its there to protect us no matter what, thats why it exists!

Voting to ban guns would be unconstitutional and would be thrown out faster then you can say "thrown out".

So, Mr ignorant gun hater, do you know anything about history? Doesn't seem like you're very educated in even the most basic knowledge of the past, so I'll remind you of one very important event that happened in WWII.

When Adolph Hitler came into power in the late 30s as the chancellor of Duetchland (Thats what Germany is called in every country but ours), guess what one of the VERY first things he did as newly appointed chancellor? He stripped the citizens of the right to bare arms, he banned everything from basic pistols to hunting rifles. Why did he do this? So the Jews and the rest of the country couldn't revolt when the SS came to slaughter people and send them to death camps. The citizens were literally defenseless.

You may say that something of that nature would NEVER happen here, but guess what the people of Germany thought before it happened? No one ever thought something so horrific could happen, but it did. As long as humans exist, evil will exist, on every level possible, from trailer trash to corrupt politicians.

I own guns and I always will own guns... I would never use my guns for evil, they are here to protect me, my friends, and my family... and even people like you.

Lets think for a second. Lets say that someday all guns were banned in the USA and everyone had to give them up... You think this would help the USA in terms of crime? If you do think that you have some very flawed logic. Most guns used in crimes are not the property of a registered owner that got it from a legit source, the guns that are out there and being used against our citizens are mainly stolen and black market weapons...

Put yourself in the place of a criminal, lets say you're going to rob a house, and you know for a fact that the house on the left is filled with anti-gun folks so you know they don't have a gun, and house in the right is owned by me, or someone like me. Which house would you rob? Only a fool would rob mine.

The only way the gun ban thing would work is if someone you could magically make every gun on the PLANET disappear someone at the same exact time so that NO ONE has guns, but as long as criminals have guns, I'm always going to be a step ahead of them and have 20 guns.

I hope you learned something from that. Most people who are anti-gun are that way because they are ignorant and scared, and from ignorance comes fear.

Believe it or not, I used to not like guns and was scared of them (because of the war in the former yugoslavia where I lost a lot of family and friends), that was at about age 11 or 12... Then I started learning about them, shooting them, and well, now I own a website called www.gunatics.com

Edit: Fixed typos

Last edited by brucelee; 11-05-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
My buddy is a guard at corchrane or however its spelled. Where manson is. Criminals for the most part really are that dumb.
hahah, hell yeah they are!

There are only a few criminals that I think are pretty cool, the non-violent offenders who masterminded some crazy bank robberies and were never caught... I have respect for intelligent non-violent criminals, they pull off some pretty crazy heists!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:48 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI

word. I'm Democrat also, but would not think to ban the right to own/use/enjoy these weapons. What for? It's bad enough with all these governmental propositions trying to invade our lives, what the heck is this?

NFW.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 PM
General Pimpin'

The guys that escaped the Rock... now those are smart criminals.

Ever see The Newton Boys? Talk about a smart dude. Pulled off one of the biggest train robberies of all time. Should watch it.

Quick Reply: CRAZY ass assault weapons ban, banning just about every gun that exists! :eek: