i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Comcast Sucks ! ! ! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/comcast-sucks-101704/)

Jumpman23 06-06-2005 11:29 PM

Comcast Sucks ! ! !

My cable internet has been SLOW ALL DAY ! is anybody elses internet [Comcast] been really slow ! ? ! ? i feel like im on 56k again

soundwave 06-06-2005 11:32 PM

i checked my cable internet connection using one of the various free speed tests online and it's less than 5k, not even 56k...

W T F ! !! ! ! argh

EQ Tuning 06-06-2005 11:54 PM

comcast does indeed suck. They've been having some major DNS issues and the connection is very inconsistant... I miss my DSL.

Jumpman23 06-07-2005 12:37 AM

my comcast is back to normal speed now . . . hopefully it stay this way !

dan avoN7 06-07-2005 12:49 AM

im out in danville and my internet is fine. sstinger77 has been pinging 1000+ to yahoo.com all day though and he lives in fremont.

wrxguy 06-07-2005 12:51 AM

haha I was gonan make a post about this, my sh*t was soooo slow today

-j- 06-07-2005 12:55 AM

Just in case you have not, try to ask them to lower your high speed price. Those paying $49 bucks are paying too much. DSL just came down to $15 a month. I just had my price cut to $29 for 6 months, which is still too much, but DSL in my area only goes to 384kbps. I may switch after that.

dan avoN7 06-07-2005 01:19 AM

wow $15 a month, thats really cheap. Too bad two people i know with DSL constantly time out. If you are having trouble with comcast's connection always call in and report the problems and document when it was down. They will then credit your account for the days it was down.

View Askew 06-07-2005 01:33 AM

Mine rocks. Just did a speed test....3984 down/328 up.

mattsn0w 06-07-2005 06:18 AM

I am aprox. 3 miles cable distance from a CO here in San Jose and I got a Solid 6Mbps download / 700Kbps upload.

Last time comcast had a slow down a bunch of people where using my DNS server and their internet started working fine.

Honestly, I think that whomever is responsible for comcasts DNS, is a douche bag, and they smell like bad vinegar.
Geographicly placed DNS servers is what they need, or hell make that little cable box they give you a dns server, wouldn't be that hard.

Acadian 06-07-2005 06:31 AM

yeah mine was also mega slow yesterday

dsilver668 06-07-2005 07:16 AM

Comcast

Well I have to say that I am in Sunnyvale and I was having major issues. It looks like they are having routing issues for the bay area. I am not sure if it is a connection issue, i.e. maybe some of their back bone was offline, or if it was some sort of congestion. For the most part my cable is between 3 and 4 MB down and 516 up. I have never seen an issue like this before with them so hopefully this won't become routine. I didn't check this morning, but if the rest of you are back to normal mine is probably fine to. I was 1k + to yahoo, but cisco.com was still normal. This usually is caused by some sort of redirect issue, possably DNs, but I wasn't getting time outs, just realy slow. kinda weird actually. I am wondering if they were getting a packet storm on a couple of their routers. It can happen, and until they are replaced, it is a pain.
Even large pings to cisco were fine, but I am not sure who they host to. they may sit just off of comcasts back bone which is why they apeared to be normal.

So long as it is back up tonight so I can play Halo2 online I will be fine. :D

A.V.E. 06-07-2005 07:51 AM

i was having some problems with my connection yesterday. i called and complained and all they said was to disconnect the main power line from the modem and restart my comp. i hope the connection is running fine now. im at work so ill figure it out when i get home.

-Ave

ish 06-07-2005 08:00 AM

i had the same problem with my comcast internet last night

mcowger 06-07-2005 09:05 AM

I called Comcast - it was a known issue, they'd had a fiber cut.

Their DNS issues from a while ago should be fixed - they moved to a far more robust DNS system from a company called Nominum (run by the guy that invented DNS).