Bay area Takata airbag recall

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 09:03 PM

Car Info: '11 GV WRX, '12 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, '19 Kawi Z400
I just got my notice for the Air Pump Sensor on my 2011 WRX. When I went to schedule the service I mentioned the airbag and they put me down for the end of the month.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:04 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by d3rock
I just got my notice for the Air Pump Sensor on my 2011 WRX. When I went to schedule the service I mentioned the airbag and they put me down for the end of the month.
which dealer?
Old 01-05-2017, 07:47 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I just got my airbag notice. Not sure which car it's for... Pretty sure it's for the WRX because I'm pretty sure I got one for the 2.5i. It just says my Impreza has a recall. :/
Old 01-06-2017, 09:38 AM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
Originally Posted by jourdanwithau
i just got my airbag notice. Not sure which car it's for... Pretty sure it's for the wrx because i'm pretty sure i got one for the 2.5i. It just says my impreza has a recall. :/
pm me the vin, and ill tell you
Old 01-06-2017, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
I have my recall notice for my 05 WRX.

I really don't want to trust the dealership with my modded and caged car but I guess I have no choice. Hopefully it will be treated kindly
Old 01-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by glenspen

I really don't want to trust the dealership with my modded and caged car but I guess I have no choice. Hopefully it will be treated kindly
Just make 100% sure you spell out things when you drop it off. I just had some recall work done on the Ram. I made it very clear they were NOT to flash the ECU for any reason what so ever (I have a custom tune on it to compensate for the tire size and make that worthless transmission shift like a regular transmission).

Make sure you spell it out that any damage, miles above 3, or suspected abuse will result in monetary compensation.

(Have I ever said how much I hate dealerships, and how hard I will push to force them to do the right thing?)
Old 01-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Originally Posted by Overbear
Just make 100% sure you spell out things when you drop it off. I just had some recall work done on the Ram. I made it very clear they were NOT to flash the ECU for any reason what so ever (I have a custom tune on it to compensate for the tire size and make that worthless transmission shift like a regular transmission).

Make sure you spell it out that any damage, miles above 3, or suspected abuse will result in monetary compensation.

(Have I ever said how much I hate dealerships, and how hard I will push to force them to do the right thing?)
yea we don't exactly like you either
Old 01-06-2017, 03:06 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by i<3dirt
yea we don't exactly like you either
I suspect the number of people screwed over by a dealership, Vs. people who have screwed over a dealership, is in the range of 100000/1 or more
Old 01-06-2017, 03:48 PM

Car Info: '11 GV WRX, '12 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, '19 Kawi Z400
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
which dealer?
Capitol
Old 01-06-2017, 04:42 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I just got my airbag notice. Not sure which car it's for... Pretty sure it's for the WRX because I'm pretty sure I got one for the 2.5i. It just says my Impreza has a recall. :/
Calll with your vin and they will do it anyway, notice isn't necessary. I just got my air pump notice yesterday but they already did it when I did my airbag last month.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by glenspen

For an 05 wrx the glovebox and surrounding trim needs to be removed. If the cage gets in the way of that there may be an issue.

As far as anything else goes, the airbag procedure on all cars is to disconnect the battery, r+r airbag (usually removing part of or the whole dashboard), reconnect battery and that's it. No ecu reprogramming or anything. Other recalls there is a reprogram but you will be told in the recall notice iirc
Old 01-09-2017, 02:21 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by Overbear
I suspect the number of people screwed over by a dealership, Vs. people who have screwed over a dealership, is in the range of 100000/1 or more
I used to think that way until i starting working at dealerships. Customers create more issues than necessary a lot of the times because they can be so defensive
Old 01-09-2017, 04:03 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by slugrx
For an 05 wrx the glovebox and surrounding trim needs to be removed. If the cage gets in the way of that there may be an issue.

As far as anything else goes, the airbag procedure on all cars is to disconnect the battery, r+r airbag (usually removing part of or the whole dashboard), reconnect battery and that's it. No ecu reprogramming or anything. Other recalls there is a reprogram but you will be told in the recall notice iirc
They have to take something else apart to do the air pump relay though, because they damaged some wiring in mine that effed up my Nav and left turn signal when they did it (Creek). They gave me a loaner and fixed it in one day.

Last edited by 04GG; 01-09-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04GG
They have to take something else apart to do the air pump relay though, because they damaged some wiring in mine that effed up my Nav and left turn signal when they did it (Creek). They gave me a loaner and fixed it in one day.
They did your airbag? I've been on the airbag list for like 2 years.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Originally Posted by slugrx
I used to think that way until i starting working at dealerships. Customers create more issues than necessary a lot of the times because they can be so defensive
Thank you. i lost count on how many times we hear, you changed my oil and now my fuel door wont open, my window wont roll down.

Quick Reply: Bay area Takata airbag recall