i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   BAM 2015 Volunteer Thread!!! We Need You! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/bam-2015-volunteer-thread-we-need-you-265446/)

Heedz 07-09-2015 10:52 AM

BAM 2015 Volunteer Thread!!! We Need You!

VOLUNTEERS: WE WANT YOU!

We need trustworthy & reliable people, as this is a community event driven by charitable giving. If we find out someone is stealing money from the Jacob’s Heart organization, we'll make damn sure everyone knows how shady you are. Period. Many of us are known in more than just the Subaru world. And with so much social media nowadays, you'll be put on blast on every social media outlet known to man! With that outta the way…

If you are new to i-club, what better way to get more involved with your fellow I-clubbers! And if you are a longtime BAiC vet or somewhere in between, your giving spirit is also welcome. Or maybe you jumped in on the spot & gave a helping hand in past years (Thanks again for that!), so now you can get on board earlier especially since again we will likely have a limited edition volunteer crew Tshirt. But don’t get caught up on that since this event is about us getting together as a community and giving back, right?

Each job will include a brief description of tasks, duties & qualifications, but most job titles are obvious as to what you’ll be doing. These will be updated as the event draws closer, especially concerning what time you report in & how long you’ll be expected help out. The number of volunteers requested will also be updated as needed.

In addition to replying in this thread, please PM your team leader to let them know directly that you’d like to join their crew. We'll be finalizing the rosters to be sure every volunteer who signed up is still committed to his/her assigned tasks and is clear on report-in times, expected shift duration, etc.

On behalf of the entire organizing staff, I’d like to thank you all in advance for offering your time & effort and helping to make BAM 15 a fun & successful event!

[b]PARKING AND CAR SHOW[/b]

This group will need to show up early! You will be assisting the lead in parking cars, checking in car show participants, and helping vendors get to the area they are assigned to be. Looking for at least one person who is knowledgable with the I-Club community so they can point out car show participants and know some of the vendors.

[b]*Heedz and TecnicaTech*[/b] (Hide and Matt)
1. d3rock (Derrick)
2. KillerFoz (Lance)
3. PVTDonuts (Lue)

[b]EVENT CHECK-IN[/b]

Basically, attendees tell you if they pre-paid or not. You will verify prepaid attendees from the list or will collect payment from non-prepaid attendees. Then, you'll give them their wristband to put on ASAP, informing them that it is what let's security know they're allowed at our event as well as what let's the lunch service crew & security know they're OK to be in the chow line, too. Prepays will also receive a single $2 raffle ticket. To be considered for this position, you will have to be vetted or vouched for by someone on the organizing committee.

* JelloChex (Tim)???
1. Rescuer (Jeff)
2. XxSti05xX (Steve)
3. Keegan

[b]RAFFLE TICKET SALES[/b]

Do you have a loud voice? Do you like talking to people? Are you a salesman? THEN THIS IS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY. You will be out, selling raffle tickets to event attendees. Remember this is our largest portion of donation!!! Good raffle prizes = Better sales. Remember if you wanna be like subysteez and win DEEZNUTZ you gotta sell these!

[b]*NorCalBro*[/b] (Jamison)
1. LegAC GT
2. jessubie
3. oshrizak
4. TheOutbackDream
5. xHengmanx
6. raweiss +1

[b]T-SHIRT & HOODIE DISTRIBUTION[/b]

If you love working retail this may be a perfect fit for you! You will be helping Ray distribute this years apparel to the ones who ordered. You will get to meet a lot of the community members!

[b]*OneManArmy*[/b] (Ray)
1. Rufino
2. 04GG (John)

[b]GRILL COOKS[/b]

It's BBQ season! We need cooks, home or professional to give us a help with manning our grills! Each shift will last about 1.5hrs so we need a lot of you to help. In the past some people have been stuck there all day in the sun and to the point where they have had too many beers! Let's get a good amount of staff so we can rotate everyone out and around.

Please note that the veggie option must be cooked on a separate grill using separate grilling tools! Thank you.

[b]*Skizzdawg*[/b] (Scott)
1. slugrx (Brian)
2. 02rs25 (Leo)
3. wrxdan4726 (Dan)
4. queeg9k (Texas Walker Ranger)
5. calrex (Jordan)
6. Bhatman
7. trans4m
8. Ian Putt

[b]FOOD & BEV SERVICE[/b]

If you like to set people straight.... Lunch Lady job is here for you! You will be assisting in getting the right people their lunches at the right time, making sure everyone is a prepay and does not take more than they are supposed to. Very important role as any mishaps here lead to a longer waiting time for food.

[b]*boardoholic*[/b] (Cliff)
1. beLittled (Caitlyn)
2. Mahanse (Mike)
3. TokenXT (Jason)
4. kaylaaa (Kayla)
5. The Lubricator
6. WRX>Civic
7. Holdenian
8. jenswrex

[b]CLEAN-UP (aka Garbage & Recycling)[/b]

For us to be able to have our events, we need to leave the area as clean or cleaner than we first got there. We have been very successful at this and are looking for helpers once again to give us a hand to make this park clean! You will be helping during the event and after, easy job if it is done throughout the day!

[b]*de_engineered*[/b] (Kyle)
1. wrxdan4726 (Dan)
2. jessubie (Jessica)
3. kooojay (Rodney)
4. Rev Rob Large (Rob)
5. sweethawaiigal (Nicole)
6. ktong721

[b]SECURITY[/b]

You’ll be tasked to ensure safety & order. Should things get dicey – i.e. people cannot behave themselves or they cannot get along with others, you’ll step in to neutralize the situation. Please report in at 10:15. You'll be expected to "work" the entire event, but please be sure to enjoy yourselves the whole time as well.

There's a couple more that will not be listed so...... don't act a fool you'll be removed instantly

[b]*bluwrxwgn*[/b] (Justin)
1. LxJLthr (Yuri)

[b]Food Run on Saturday[/b]

We will need a few hands to give us some help with purchasing of goods prior to the event, you will be helping out at Costco!!!

Gagan
1. 04GG (John)
2. belittled (Caitlyn)
3. killerfoz (Lance)

LegAC_GT 07-09-2015 11:05 AM

My lady and i are in for raffles.

oshrizak 07-09-2015 11:06 AM

BAM 2015 Volunteer Thread!!! We Need You!

In for raffle tickets... Jamo knows already

norcalbro 07-09-2015 11:14 AM

Yep. I can vouch for andy (legacygt) Jessica (jessubie) and zak (oshrizak) for raffles. Put them on my crew.

Rescuer 07-09-2015 11:19 AM

event check in:
* JelloChex (Tim)???
1. Rescuer

sign me up

theoutbackdream 07-09-2015 11:21 AM

Down to help with raffle tickets again! Let the battles begin. Muahahaha

xhengmanx 07-09-2015 11:32 AM

Can I join raffle again this year?

Heedz 07-09-2015 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=Rescuer;3606968]event check in:
* JelloChex (Tim)???
1. Rescuer

sign me up[/QUOTE]

Asked for approval I'll let you know.

Otherwise Updated!

Rescuer 07-09-2015 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=Heedz;3606977]Asked for approval I'll let you know.

Otherwise Updated![/QUOTE]
from Tim ? lol he and i talked about it yesterday

XxSti05xX 07-09-2015 12:08 PM

I can do check in again

Heedz 07-09-2015 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=Rescuer;3606979]from Tim ? lol he and i talked about it yesterday[/QUOTE]

From Ray and Gagan.

[QUOTE=XxSti05xX;3606981]I can do check in again[/QUOTE]

Ill ask for you too.

SkizzDawg 07-09-2015 12:35 PM

Thanks for making this post!

You can remove kyle as a lead Heedz. He passed the torch to me last year and voted me to be lead for this year LOL in some post. LOL,

I think Leo and Brian G want to sign up as well. I will let them know to sign up.

de_engineered 07-09-2015 12:40 PM

Skizz is the superior cook, I'll take lead garbage.

Heedz 07-09-2015 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=de_engineered;3606986]Skizz is the superior cook, I'll take lead garbage.[/QUOTE]

Got it!

SkizzDawg 07-09-2015 12:50 PM

The Grill team is looking for experienced Grillers or cooks who are not afraid of the Heat.
A can do positive attitude is preferred!

If you are just signing up thinking you can sit around and watch or so you can get a Volunteer shirt, won't be happening on Heedz or My watch. ;-)