i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   AUDT: Which group of car enthusiast do you hate the most? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/audt-group-car-enthusiast-do-you-hate-most-248868/)

Roo 05-19-2014 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=rupees88;3358690]gay ass subie drivers. esp the NA ones.

who do they think they are...[/QUOTE]

I know of a few of those who would slap you down so hard on an open road drive that your grandchildren would feel it.

Roo 05-19-2014 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=leaferiksin;3358954]So I really hate Camry drivers...[/QUOTE]

Especially ones who don't realize that their Camry isn't a purpose built road racing machine capable of taking 30mph corners at 90+. One of those drivers chose to try it anyway, and wound up at the bottom of a small cliff just north of Salmon Creek parking area...

...But 60 isn't that bad of a speed for that corner when you have symmetrical All Wheel Drive, grippy tires, and a lowered suspension capable of handling the yaw forces.

Overbear 05-19-2014 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=Roo;3519573]Especially ones who don't realize that their Camry isn't a purpose built road racing machine capable of taking 30mph corners at 90+. One of those drivers chose to try it anyway, and wound up at the bottom of a small cliff just north of Salmon Creek parking area...

...But 60 isn't that bad of a speed for that corner when you have symmetrical All Wheel Drive, grippy tires, and a lowered suspension capable of handling the yaw forces.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about you, but my 01 camry corners like a boss. Perhaps its just that most camry drivers are ****ing idiots who shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place...then again I can think of a few subaru drivers right here on i-club that should be executed for the way they drive. (no not you roo)

Saabaru916 05-19-2014 02:15 PM

I'll play...

Bike drivers who a) drive like they're invincible weaving through traffic, and b) over-decorate their bikes w/ neon and ****. There's a weekly bike meet near where I live in Sac and sharing the roads w/ them is not pleasant. Also, after they're done, a good amount of them drive by my apartment complex on their way home. I think it's impossible for them not to be as loud as possible whenever they drive in a group.

Also, of course lifted truck drivers

dimsumboi 05-19-2014 02:40 PM

I hate gc8/gm6/gf8 owners. they're a bunch of douches.

Bast 05-19-2014 02:46 PM

Taxis; they're all horrible.

PikkaGTR 05-19-2014 02:49 PM

Sport bike crotch rocket riders.
Ever see one on an R1 ride 70 mph in the fast lane with moderate traffic? Or do they always ride 85+ weaving lanes and splitting traffic like we cars are in their way.
I have total respect for riders who obey the laws of the road and will gladly move over in heavy traffic and they'll acknowledge with a thumbs up.

Saabaru916 05-19-2014 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=PikkaGTR;3519627]Sport bike crotch rocket riders.
Ever see one on an R1 ride 70 mph in the fast lane with moderate traffic? Or do they always ride 85+ weaving lanes and splitting traffic like we cars are in their way.
I have total respect for riders who obey the laws of the road and will gladly move over in heavy traffic and they'll acknowledge with a thumbs up.[/QUOTE]
Exactly! I make it a point to give bikers ample room when behind them and move slightly to let them by in heavy traffic. I think bay area bikers acknowledged this act of kindness more than Sac bikers. They all just zoom by when I go out of my way to be nice to them. Bikers who ride like they value their own life I respect, bikers who drive like morons on the other hand …

hey1230000 05-19-2014 05:35 PM

Lincoln town car drivers. I see them all over bay area freeways (near airports a lot) and when they don't have a client in the car, they drive like aholes

WRX USA 05-19-2014 05:47 PM

[QUOTE="Saabaru916;3519644"] Exactly! I make it a point to give bikers ample room when behind them and move slightly to let them by in heavy traffic. I think bay area bikers acknowledged this act of kindness more than Sac bikers. They all just zoom by when I go out of my way to be nice to them. Bikers who ride like they value their own life I respect, bikers who drive like morons on the other hand …[/QUOTE]

I had a group of motorcyclists come up on me in Lane 1 in traffic and like normal I was biasing to the left so they could split the lane and pass between Lane 1 and 2. This asshat almost got himself killed because he passed on the shoulder on the left of me and almost hit the remains of front bumper that was over there and I couldn't go anywhere cause most of his friends were passing me on my right.

awdorgtfo 05-19-2014 05:50 PM

Harley/chopper ***s

Overbear 05-19-2014 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=PikkaGTR;3519627]Sport bike crotch rocket riders.
I have total respect for riders who obey the laws of the road and will gladly move over in heavy traffic and they'll acknowledge with a thumbs up.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind them one bit, at least they stay out of the way... now the *******s that own Harleys, I would love nothing more than to see every last one of them wipe out and die.

Scoobywax 05-19-2014 06:40 PM

[QUOTE="Saabaru916;3519644"]
Exactly! I make it a point to give bikers ample room when behind them and move slightly to let them by in heavy traffic. I think bay area bikers acknowledged this act of kindness more than Sac bikers. They all just zoom by when I go out of my way to be nice to them. Bikers who ride like they value their own life I respect, bikers who drive like morons on the other hand …[/QUOTE]

I always move over for the bikes just for courtesy. Saw a bad accident on 85 south once. Looked in my rear view mirror and saw a motorcyclist going head over heels thru the air about 25 feet up. He was crusin splittin lanes and someone changed lanes into the carpool and sent him flying.
What do you expect flying inbetween cars doing 80 tho.......

Roo 05-21-2014 05:36 PM

[QUOTE=Overbear;3519604]Don't know about you, but my 01 camry corners like a boss. Perhaps its just that most camry drivers are ****ing idiots who shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place...then again I can think of a few subaru drivers right here on i-club that should be executed for the way they drive. (no not you roo)[/QUOTE]

I might overestimate your intelligence, but I doubt you'd be doing 90 into this 30 corner. Not on a completely stock suspension. Not on stock tires. Not with stock brakes.

My Forester is on Koni inserts (WRX), Prodrive lowering springs, and on some decent shoes. I'm capable of (and have done it multiple times) 55 without braking on that corner. 90 is simply stupidity. I stay in my own lane at all times as well - you never know when a deer is going to pop out on the commute.