i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Anyone planning on going to Subiefest this year? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/anyone-planning-going-subiefest-year-268669/)

SkyWrex 09-16-2016 06:59 AM

Anyone planning on going to Subiefest this year?

Is anyone going to Subiefest this year or have most of you given up on it since the last few disasters?

Lowend 09-16-2016 09:22 AM

Nope

JourdanWithaU 09-16-2016 09:35 AM

I would have been down to go, but all my friends who went last year don't want to go again.

OneManArmy 09-16-2016 09:52 AM

Meh. I'm not a huge fan of the event personally. Unless you're tracking your car it's kind of pointless. I'd rather go to S3 or the Big Northwest Meet in Oregon.

I do want to point out to the folks that complain about BAM being expensive... BNM is $15 and they don't feed you. And you can't drink beer.

Or the West Coast Subaru Show. It's an event in Washington that you camp at.

SkyWrex 09-16-2016 12:15 PM

Ya, I think last year ruined it for everyone. It was so disorganized and they were trying to charge more for parking and entry than what was originally posted. I though the price of BAM was awesome especially considering the fact we get food too. It's the first one I'll be around for so I'm really excited about it. Just a little bummed that my WRX is currently out for the count and won't be able to take that there.

OneManArmy 09-16-2016 12:37 PM

Honestly... it's never been very well organized. I try to support them because they're a subaru meet and that's the right thing to do. But I have never been all that impressed.

Even when it was much much smaller it was kind of like... wtf? The track portion was a mess. Pretty much no tech inspection. The timing of runs was crazy un-organized. Etc.

Now it's just the huge thing that feels huge. You walk through. Then leave. Can do the whole show in an hour.

For me... only reason I would go is to enjoy the drive and the hang out with friends.

I'd never tell anyone NOT to go. For some folks I'm sure it's rad. Just not for me.

d3rock 09-19-2016 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=SkyWrex;3641643]Ya, I think last year ruined it for everyone. It was so disorganized and they were trying to charge more for parking and entry than what was originally posted. I though the price of BAM was awesome especially considering the fact we get food too. It's the first one I'll be around for so I'm really excited about it. Just a little bummed that my WRX is currently out for the count and won't be able to take that there.[/QUOTE]

Last year definitely ruined it for me! I finally experienced first hand what other's have been saying in terms of the decline of the quality of the event. Don't even get me started on the track day/auto X. from the last few years.

The [I]only reason [/I]I considered going [I]this [/I]year was I heard they were going to bring the Isle of Man TT ProDrive STi. I still don't event think that's enough to convince me to buy all that gas and reserve a hotel, tickets... yada yada.

Anywho... that is a big: negative from me on attending Subiefest.

pho_shizzle 09-19-2016 03:16 PM

You know a meet is great when they delete peoples complaints off their facebook page and fail to properly address and acknowledge further complaints and comments on forums that they are part of.

OneManArmy 09-19-2016 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=pho_shizzle;3641799]You know a meet is great when they delete peoples complaints off their facebook page and fail to properly address and acknowledge further complaints and comments on forums that they are part of.[/QUOTE]

No kidding? That's wack.

To me... even when people are being unreasonable there is the potential to gather information for improvement in their complaints.

pho_shizzle 09-19-2016 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=OneManArmy;3641802]No kidding? That's wack.

To me... even when people are being unreasonable there is the potential to gather information for improvement in their complaints.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea...... that **** blew up last year. They even started blocking some from their page who posted angry complaints. Then one of their crew members made an account just to comment some blanket statements denying any affiliations with those parking coordinators who were charging double for parking, from being affiliated with them, among other things.

You're more likely to get ripped off and get hit by a car than have any fun at that "festival".

OneManArmy 09-19-2016 10:10 PM

Damn! Glad I missed last year.

Almost wish I could have read some if thatm

sigma pi 09-20-2016 08:22 AM

NOPE!

Hell I am close and I wont even go.

91vtec 09-20-2016 09:26 AM

Had plans to go but my ps leak and air pump cel said no lol