Anyone have a Recaro STi Alcantra blue baby seat for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:33 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Thumbs up Anyone have a Recaro STi Alcantra blue baby seat for sale?

Wife's got a bun in the oven on and looking for the STi blue baby seat. I hear that color way isn't available anymore but if anyone has one sitting around, let me know!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:35 PM

Car Info: Steel Gray 2006 STi MBP 2012 Impreza Sport
Recaro ProSport Pro Series ProRide Baby Car Seat Blue Opal | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RECARO-Prosp...item41681a15ed

i want to have a kid just to buy this...
Old 07-22-2012, 03:24 PM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Once we need a forward facing baby seat, Recaro it is. Surprisingly not that expensive compared to the rest
Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Right on man, thanks for the link but looking for the Alcantra blue...
Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
I was about to purchase the recaros but when I found out they didn't have the latch anchors, I passed. Kind of pointless without them. You're kid will be swaying around in the back seat.

edit. prosport do have latch, proboosters do not. prosport is a good one.

Last edited by Giibo; 07-22-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 AM

Car Info: 2006 OBP STI
That's what I told my wife. She looked at me and just shook her head.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
The Recaro child seat that I have does in fact have the latch system. It's been a great child seat and looks awesome.

-Brian
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
I have the Recaro baby seat. Absolutely love it. But it didn't get used until our daughter was 12 months old. You'll need a rear facing up until then and preferably an easy handled snap in/out one.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:35 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I went with safety features over looks.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:56 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
We have two recaros now and they're great, but as someone else said, you won't be able to use it for a while. They can be rear facing just fine, but you'll need an infant seat/carrier setup at least until 7-8 months.

-- Ed
Old 07-23-2012, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
We have two recaros now and they're great, but as someone else said, you won't be able to use it for a while. They can be rear facing just fine, but you'll need an infant seat/carrier setup at least until 7-8 months.

-- Ed
A full year really or depending on the weight restriction on the infant car seat. But most limits are 20 pounds which is hard to get to in 7 months. And most doctors now are recommending you keep your child rear facing till they are 2 cause their heads are still the bulk of their weight and can cause a severe neck injury if in an accident.

The best rated 2 years ago was the Chicco Key Fit, the infant seat was good till 30 pounds. At one, we bought my son the Britax. Giant, sturdy, well built car seat. It'll be his car seat till we need to put him into a booster. Was the best rated and safest at the time we purchased it. But it's not very portable to take on a plane with you.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
A full year really or depending on the weight restriction on the infant car seat. But most limits are 20 pounds which is hard to get to in 7 months. And most doctors now are recommending you keep your child rear facing till they are 2 cause their heads are still the bulk of their weight and can cause a severe neck injury if in an accident.

The best rated 2 years ago was the Chicco Key Fit, the infant seat was good till 30 pounds. At one, we bought my son the Britax. Giant, sturdy, well built car seat. It'll be his car seat till we need to put him into a booster. Was the best rated and safest at the time we purchased it. But it's not very portable to take on a plane with you.
Yeah that seat is a bit bulky (britax) but it's the best built seat I've seen so far.

And yeah... the U.S. is one of the only major countries that doesn't recommend up to 2 years rear facing. It is increasing and will more than likely be the rule rather than the exception... if not the law, within a few years.

Lorelei was rear facing in my car for nearly 2 years. I think she went forward around 18 months in megan's car.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:17 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
The recaro does rear facing just fine. Both of ours are.

Abbie is about 17lbs but she grew out of her infant seat and was much more comfortable in the recaro at about 9 months.

We looked at the Britax first as well and its a nice seat but the Recaro has much better side impact protection and more comfortable padding.

-- Ed
Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I went with safety features over looks.
Word.... There are seats out that are much more safer for the infants.. And you dOnt be cheap on the safety part.. Look up Other seats .. Safer ones before you worry about looks. I am not trying to bash on yah I the recaro seats btw, just know they aren't the BEST.. And you want the best in this situation..
Old 07-23-2012, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by Giibo
I was about to purchase the recaros but when I found out they didn't have the latch anchors, I passed. Kind of pointless without them. You're kid will be swaying around in the back seat.
This is incorrect. Using the regular belts to secure a car seat is just as safe if not safer (due to the higher weight limit) than the latch. The key is PROPER INSTALLATION. An improper latch install will also be just as swaying.

I use regular belts all the time. With proper install, the seat is rigid and unmoving.

+1 for Britax....not only do Britax get awesome quality and crash test marks, they also have the least recalls, and are designed really well in so many aspects. They have little features you don't think of until you have a kid, like velcro to hold the straps open as you put the kid in. (fishing to find a belt under a kid/baby sucks and they don't like it much).

Britax have been the most "compatible" and easy to get a proper and tight install in any car I've experienced. From my WRX, to Lexus, to an Odyssey, to Pilot, to a BMW, to a Camry, etc they have the best installs... a lot has to do with the smart way the belt guides are designed into the chair. The most recent models have this metal bar for the install belts that make it even more compatible with various seat shapes.

Recaro's are very nice seats but nothing beats a Britax. And admit it, you want the Recaro because it says Recaro. Instead, get some Subaru shirts for your kid and get the Britax.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Recaro STi Alcantra blue baby seat for sale?