i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   49ers Do Something Right for a Change?? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/49ers-do-something-right-change-203053/)

CLsmooth71 04-25-2009 02:28 PM

49ers Do Something Right for a Change??

They just drafted WR Michael Crabtree w/the 10th pick! Now if we can find a way to trade Alex Smith & a loaf of Boudin sourdough bread to the Jets for Mark Sanchez, they might be in business! lol

woocabin 04-25-2009 02:30 PM

im not a big fan of the 49's... cuz i havent heard of them in a while lol.

i hope their future looks brighter

Hollandaze 04-25-2009 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=CLsmooth71;2593413]They just drafted WR Michael Crabtree w/the 10th pick! Now if we can find a way to trade Alex Smith & a loaf of Boudin sourdough bread to the Jets for Mark Sanchez, they might be in business! lol[/QUOTE]

That's only cuz the Raiders did something WRONG. LOL. Niners have CRABS!

CLsmooth71 04-25-2009 03:21 PM

yeah, 9ers only got Crabtree cuz the Raiders passed on him. lota irate Raiders fans right now! lol we'll see if Crabtree pans out. i don't know much about him, but he has good size, nice hands, and decent speed....probably not a superstar but likely already as good as anything the 9ers have.

SR20steve 04-25-2009 03:24 PM

GO NINERS!! I got tickets to the season opener vs the Cardinals! If they win (and I think they can) its on like a motherFer. I see a great season ahead for the team.

iLoqin 04-25-2009 03:24 PM

? Crabtree is fine. They need a dominate WR. I think Alex Smith will out compete Hill, and from then I hope the 49ers get some cornerbacks/safeties to quit getting beat deep.

stupidchicken03 04-25-2009 03:25 PM

i think with how we finished out last season, and getting some new fresh players..... should be a decent up coming season :)

Hollandaze 04-25-2009 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=CLsmooth71;2593443]yeah, 9ers only got Crabtree cuz the Raiders passed on him. lota irate Raiders fans right now! lol we'll see if Crabtree pans out. i don't know much about him, but he has good size, nice hands, and decent speed....probably not a superstar but likely already as good as anything the 9ers have.[/QUOTE]

Raiders are bankin' on Heyward-Bey to burn defenders on his routes, I suppose. Crabtree's just better after catches for more yardage.

stupidchicken03 04-25-2009 03:30 PM

the Raiders are bankin on a lot... like always :laugh:

Hollandaze 04-25-2009 03:31 PM

Raiders need someone to catch JaMarcus Russell's long ass passes to Lord knows where.

stupidchicken03 04-25-2009 03:36 PM

like off the field :lol:

CLsmooth71 04-25-2009 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=iLoqin;2593451]? Crabtree is fine. They need a dominate WR. I think Alex Smith will out compete Hill, and from then I hope the 49ers get some cornerbacks/safeties to quit getting beat deep.[/QUOTE]

crabtree is too small & lacks the elite speed to be a dominant WR.

as for Alex Smith.........aye carumba. just ditch that guy already. he sucks. i knew it when they drafted him.

JelloChex 04-25-2009 04:16 PM

Crabtree was a freaking stud in college. This was the smartest pick they could have made. Yes, they still need O-Line help, but Crabtree very well could end up being the next Andre Johnson. Having someone that is fast is great if they actually catch the ball. This kid has hands like glue.

I am still amazed that the Raiders managed to screw-up that pick so badly. They drafted Heyward-Bey [B]way[/B] higher than he could have gone. They could have gotten Crabtree or Maclin at pick 7 and still come back for Heyward-Bey later in the first round. They could have also gotten a Tackle and come back later in Round 1 to pick up a solid receiver.

Alex Smith just needs to go elsewhere, but they won't do anything just yet. I am glad we did not get Sanchez. There are better QB's coming out next year that we can go after as a future QB for the Niners, but I still think Shaun Hill should be our starting QB. He has played solid football and made intelligent decisions when he was on the field. Smith forces the ball in to spots and that causes turn-overs or incomplete passes much more often than actual completions.

stupidchicken03 04-25-2009 04:22 PM

too many turn-overs FTL :(

woocabin 04-25-2009 05:33 PM

i like turnovers though... makes the game x10 more intense