Advice: LOTS of problems on a used 03 WRX from Oakland Subaru (+1 for AutoHQ)

Old 09-21-2008, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX --> 07 STI --> 10 Cayman S
Advice: LOTS of problems on a used 03 WRX from Oakland Subaru (+1 for AutoHQ)

So I got my car last May and I hit 90K recently so I took my car to get serviced at AutoHQ and they spotted A LOT of problems in my car. A lot of bolts were missing, my STOCK intake was mounted incorrectly (hard to describe, but they said I had a big gap somewhere, the radiator hose clamp was incorrectly installed, overall, a lot of things were installed incorrectly. But the main issues was the timing belt and the AC pulley, where it hella **** on it that I can't even describe. But basically, it was rubbing against the timing belt and it created a hole on my timing belt cover and it needs to be replaced. But AutoHQ (+1 for them) were able to most of the issues, but I still need to get my timing belt cover replaced and said I should go complain to Oakland Subaru because they sold me a poorly inspected Subaru. How should I go about to Oakland Subaru about these issues?

Here is the link to the pics refer to post 324:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...187810&page=22

NOTE:

to AutoHQ, they did a really good job inspecting and servicing my car, top notch work nonetheless. They did WAYYYYY beyond what they had to do and then some. Even though I was in a hurry to move into SC, they nonetheless took their time and really look at every single corner of my car to check if it's running right. Really glad I came to AutoHQ, they know their ****

Last edited by chinoyboi; 09-21-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:02 AM

Car Info: Impreza
You bought the car last May?
I believe it's waaaaay late.
If you bring it there, expect many excuses.
Most likely you'll get reimbursed nothing and wasted your time.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:31 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
sorry to hear that about your car and glad that is fixed. but can you make it more clear on the story?

intake was mounted incorrectly? was it aftermarket intake or stock intake box. all the parts listed was it aftermarket parts or stock parts?

and last may would be really too late to do anything, most of the used subaru comes with 3 month warranty. but over a year of time many things could go wrong on a car.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by wimprezax06
sorry to hear that about your car and glad that is fixed. but can you make it more clear on the story?

intake was mounted incorrectly? was it aftermarket intake or stock intake box. all the parts listed was it aftermarket parts or stock parts?

and last may would be really too late to do anything, most of the used subaru comes with 3 month warranty. but over a year of time many things could go wrong on a car.
Sorry, I'm basing all my information off of the receipt AutoHQ made for me.

It was a stock K&N intake

And Last may was ~4 months ago
Old 09-21-2008, 10:45 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
im sorry, but still don't quite understand. stock K&N intake? so is not stock, its K&N intake? or its stock intake with K&N drop in?

and may or back in may was 4 months ago lol LAST MAY means last year MAY.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by wimprezax06
im sorry, but still don't quite understand. stock K&N intake? so is not stock, its K&N intake? or its stock intake with K&N drop in?

and may or back in may was 4 months ago lol LAST MAY means last year MAY.
lol back in may

Stock intake with K&N drop in
Old 09-21-2008, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
if only you got the car checked out right after you bought it you might have been able to do something about it but since its been 4 months a lot could have happened, you could have took it off yourself but messed up installing it back in, and a lot of other variables are out there so most likely you can't really do much about it imo.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:02 PM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by kspek
if only you got the car checked out right after you bought it you might have been able to do something about it but since its been 4 months a lot could have happened, you could have took it off yourself but messed up installing it back in, and a lot of other variables are out there so most likely you can't really do much about it imo.
i agree. i dont think i'd be worth the time and effort trying to convince a dealership they sold you something ****ed up vs something you could have POSSIBLY ****ed up yourself.

dont get me wrong, i'm not saying you did those things at all, i just have a good feeling that's what the dealership would have said...then you'd be P.O'ed with nothing
Old 09-21-2008, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
Originally Posted by AzN121184
i agree. i dont think i'd be worth the time and effort trying to convince a dealership they sold you something ****ed up vs something you could have POSSIBLY ****ed up yourself.

dont get me wrong, i'm not saying you did those things at all, i just have a good feeling that's what the dealership would have said...then you'd be P.O'ed with nothing
srsly. live and learn.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:38 PM

Car Info: vtak mota
sounds like a good business idea for autohq ... pre-inspection for anyone looking into getting a used suby
Old 09-21-2008, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
If you complain enough, any car dealership will try to make you happy.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:18 PM

I don't mean to be a douchebag, but here's a quote from your previous thread about a tbe/uppipe installation:

"I just want some shade tree mechanic to help me install a few things, that'll do it for a cheap price."

Maybe this is why u have so many things wrong with your car.

As AutoHQ always says, better to spend more and do it right than do it cheap and have a bunch of problems later.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
I don't mean to be a douchebag, but here's a quote from your previous thread about a tbe/uppipe installation:

"I just want some shade tree mechanic to help me install a few things, that'll do it for a cheap price."

Maybe this is why u have so many things wrong with your car.

As AutoHQ always says, better to spend more and do it right than do it cheap and have a bunch of problems later.
It had nothing to do with the exhaust system I installed. AutoHQ confirms that too. This was all engine work that I had problems with. I never touched the actual engine nor did I touch anything to do with the timing belt or AC pulley. As far as mods, I only have bolt-ons. So this has nothing to do with it
Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
what hes trying to say is that from what you said in another thread, it sounds like you are trying to get things done "cheap". so it seems like you are doing things cheapy way which may not always yield the best results aka problems with it later.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 PM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by 1neWRX
what hes trying to say is that from what you said in another thread, it sounds like you are trying to get things done "cheap". so it seems like you are doing things cheapy way which may not always yield the best results aka problems with it later.
your intepretation skills are simply stunnin choi. u must've been a business major

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice: LOTS of problems on a used 03 WRX from Oakland Subaru (+1 for AutoHQ)