07 Tails really hurt value this much?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 02:09 PM

Car Info: bugeye
07 Tails really hurt value this much?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/1988352411.html

Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Car Info: Aspen White '04 STi Daily: '13 PMM Civic Si
Haha, yeah everyone knows 04tails are worth like 14k.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:31 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
It's some kind of scam, it's listed in Sac too:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/1988363529.html
Old 10-04-2010, 03:42 PM

Car Info: '12 TSX 6MT/'01 E39 wagon/'67 VW on E85/'93 M900
Must be so cheap because of the FMIC. It isn't even listed in the ad, but it's visible in the picture -- owner clearly does not want you to know of this FMIC.

Stan
Old 10-04-2010, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
This **** screams scam:

This 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti 4WD Limited,looks like it just came off Subaru`s showroom floor.Mileage: 63,490.Engine: 2.5L H4.Transmission: Transmission: MANUAL 6SPD.Doors: 4.
It comes loaded up with lots of options including: Limited Package, AM/FM/CD stereo, power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, keyless entry, 4-Wheel ABS Brakes, Front Ventilated Disc Brakes, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbag, Rear Spoiler: Wing, Radio Prep., Intercooled Turbo, Privacy Glass: Light, Painted Alloy Rims, Wheel Diameter: 17, Wheel Width: 7.5, Leather Steering Wheel Trim, Leather Shift **** Trim, Metal-Look Dash Trim, Metal-Look Center Console Trim, External Temperature Display, Auxilliary Engine Cooler, Tachometer,sport seats,and so much more!! NO ACCIDENTS.NON-SMOKER.NEW GOODYEAR TIRES.CARFAX CERTIFIED.1 OWNER

Here you can find more pictures of the car: http://s964.photobucket.com/home/5e6756757/index
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

The car has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage.Flawless exterior/interior condition,no scratches and no dents.It has never been involved in an accident.The engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks great.It comes with US clear title which will be signed and notorized in the buyer's name.Have all keys and manuals.

I'm an US Air Force SSgt. currently stationed in Alaska.The car is here with me.
The price is $2950 including shipping from Alaska and delivery to your home address.

So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you

Tech. Sgt. Dennis Obrien
Old 10-04-2010, 04:14 PM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
Originally Posted by Amandyke
This **** screams scam:

The price is $2950 including shipping from Alaska and delivery to your home address.
SWEET! does he have paypal!?!?
Old 10-04-2010, 04:21 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
I just got the same E-mail as Amandyke, who knows what they're going to try. But it's a scam.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:25 PM

Hi,

I am stationed at Elmendorf AFB.

I will have the car shipped from Alaska by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any additional shipping costs. Also I will arrange for a truck to transport the car to your home address or, if you like, you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. The shipping will take 6-8 days, depending on your location.Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,somebody must be home when the car arrives to sign for the reception.The car will arrive with all the papers and documents required for registration and the keys. The clear title and the bill of sale will be already signed by me.

The payment will be done through eBay.You will send the money to eBay and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car, you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork and the option to accept or reject the car.The inspection time period will begin as soon as you sign for receiving the car at your requested address.During all this time eBay will hold the money into a trust account.So, this is not a blind transaction,you can see the car before decided to buy it.If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered to and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you
Old 10-04-2010, 04:35 PM

Car Info: '12 TSX 6MT/'01 E39 wagon/'67 VW on E85/'93 M900
I was looking for a car last week too and found a '99 ES300 that looked interesting. I emailed and got the following response a couple of days later. It's obviously a similar scam.

Hello,

This 1999 LEXUS ES 300 with 95,088 miles, has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all.This car has been extremely well maintained with a full service history .I am the second owner of this car.I bought it when I was serving in Fort Lauderdale and is slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title free of encumbrances and liens. I have dropped my price to $2750.00 since I need to sell it before October 15, when I will be deployed in Afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your; FULL NAME and SHIPPING ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER to open a case with eBay's Buyer Protection Program and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 7 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Corporal Alice Terry,
Old 10-04-2010, 05:30 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
It's pretty sickening to know that people are using fake military titles and backgrounds to scam people out of money.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Amandyke
Hi,

I am stationed at Elmendorf AFB.

I will have the car shipped from Alaska by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any additional shipping costs. Also I will arrange for a truck to transport the car to your home address or, if you like, you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. The shipping will take 6-8 days, depending on your location.Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,somebody must be home when the car arrives to sign for the reception.The car will arrive with all the papers and documents required for registration and the keys. The clear title and the bill of sale will be already signed by me.

The payment will be done through eBay.You will send the money to eBay and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car, you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork and the option to accept or reject the car.The inspection time period will begin as soon as you sign for receiving the car at your requested address.During all this time eBay will hold the money into a trust account.So, this is not a blind transaction,you can see the car before decided to buy it.If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered to and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you

BARN?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:02 PM

It's cool guys, he's got the Carfax for that 2004 STI!

Vehicle Information:
2004 SUBARU IMPREZA OUTBACK SPORT AWD
VIN: JF1GG68534H800897

erm wait...
Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 AM

Oh my what a coincidence, you're going to be deploying to Spain in a week for a whole month? Wow it's a good thing eBay also acts like an escrow service huh!

Hello,

I have to inform you that during this week my Squadron will be deployed to Spain.I'll be stationed on a military base in Sevilla,Spain for the next month with my training program.So i would very much appreciate if you could send the payment to the ebay agent from Spain.I'll be leaving to Spain this week and this way i would be able to receive the money there.The vehicle will still be shipped from Alaska,so nothing has changed.The price is still the same.If you do that for me,I will also help you by sending the car as Gift and no tax/customs will apply on your end.

I already informed ebay about my deployment. They opened a case for us and they will let you know what you have to do for the payment.Get back to me as soon as you receive their invoice.You should hear from them within 48 hours

Thank you!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:31 AM

My response:

Wow I had no idea that eBay started offering escrow services! I figured you were going to go through escrow.com or something like that. What a fantastic service they're offering! Oh do you think you could send me a photo of you and a couple of guys from your squadron waiving goodbye to the car for me? That'd be really fun to add to my scrap book!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:37 AM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
^^ lmao... you should start your own website where you f*** with scammers

Quick Reply: 07 Tails really hurt value this much?